Coromandel Eau de Toilette (2007)
by Chanel

Coromandel Eau de Toilette information

Year of Launch2007

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Coromandel Eau de Toilette

One of six new fragrances for Chanel's "Les Exclusifs" range created by Chanel master perfumer Jacques Polge.

Coromandel is an oriental fragrance.

Coromandel Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of Coromandel Eau de Toilette

Bbrito Show all reviews
Just got it and I'm trying it on for the first time, reaction: I'm loving this right now!

On my skin Im getting an earthy rose covered in incense and there's definitely something slightly gourmand coming from the chocolate but it's not overly done.

As I'm writing this review I'm getting more of a citrusy powder and my roommate from the other side of the room just said it smells "really good"...yeah I'm liking this..

Will have to wait for the drydown...
27th March, 2018
Warm, spicy, smoky, tangy incense, and a bit musty. The jasmine smells sort of rosy to me. The patchouli, amber, incense, benzoin -- all remind me of other such oriental fragrances I already own and wear. It IS quite lovely. For the high price, I'll stick to my less expensive offerings in this genre.

I'm intrigued. The more I wear this, the more I like it. It draws me in, like a siren. A decant will be in order, before I commit to a full bottle. I think it is safe to say, I'm addicted...
07th January, 2018 (last edited: 22nd January, 2018)
An old school aldehydic, amber and vanilla. Coromandel opens like many Chanel women's fragrances with a strong blast of aldehydes that are likely driven by the benozin. Fortunately, it's short lasted, and the drydown is all amber, vanilla and an undertone of woods. I like that the fragrance is relatively tame as amber and vanilla can turn sour, but it's nothing that strikes my nose as anything special. It could easily be unisex as I don't find much about the scent to be decidedly feminine. Light sillage but decent longevity. An unenthusiastic neutral from me.
07th November, 2017
Stardate 20170808:

Amber Vanilla with woods.
I don't get much Jasmine.
In the middle phase dry woods dominate supported by soft amber.
It starts with a promise but ends as generic benzoin vanilla.

08th August, 2017 (last edited: 14th September, 2017)
WoW...that's all I can say when I wear this perfume...and that seems to be what others around me say, as well. On one of the first days I wore this perfume, I had about 12 strangers or acquaintances come up to me and say "what are you wearing...you smell incredible!"

I was turned on to Coromandel when someone told me it might be a more affordable alternative to "Portrait of a Lady" or "Musc Ravageur" both by Frederic Malle. Does it smell similar to either...yes! Is it an affordable alternative to either...sadly, no!

It's the jasmine that captures my nose (I adore Creed's Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie) but this is "thick" or heavy jasmine, which at times smells almost like rose. I'm sure the introduction of patchouli is what makes this stuff smell so "heady" to me...not hippy dirty like heady...heady in a good way! The overall blend and balance between all the glorious notes is what makes this fragrance work so well, IMHO. And (fortunately) on my skin, I do not detect many gourmand notes (chocolate?) at all...don't even wish to think about it...the chocolate that is...a bit of vanilla in the dry-down is there for sure!

To me, at no time does one singular note seem to over-take or overwhelm the fragrance (okay...perhaps the patchouli does try from time-to-time). However overall, this fragrance is a wonderful balance of all the main notes, beginning to end.

And YES...this stuff is costly but longevity is great, silage is (obviously) superior and the overall experience is lovely.

I love this fragrance and I've taken to wearing it 3-4 days a week.
03rd July, 2017
The vintage feel. A "dirty jasmine" along with musk in the opening. I get citrus notes as well, and much powder of course. Great work, obviously.
14th April, 2017

Add your review of Coromandel Eau de Toilette

Shop for Coromandel Eau de Toilette products online

Search for on eBay United States

Chanel Coromandel Sample Eau de Toilette 2ml/0.06fl Oz

• USD $4.99 STARTING BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 0 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: 6 days

2xCHANEL LES EXCLUSIFS DE CHANEL - COROMANDEL EAU DE TOILETTE 2ML

• USD $26.00
  • Listing Type: Buy it Now
  • Time Left: 15 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Chanel Les Exclusifs De Chanel Coromandel Women's Eau De Toilette .06 FL OZ (1)

• USD $15.99