No. 18 Eau de Toilette (2007)
by Chanel

No. 18 Eau de Toilette information

Year of Launch2007
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About No. 18 Eau de Toilette

Part of Chanel's "Les Exclusifs" range - No. 18 is the number of Chanel's jewellery boutique on Place Vendome.

No. 18 Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of No. 18 Eau de Toilette

This is a confusing release from Chanel, to my nose. There's just not much to it. It smells like it's dominated by a single aroma chemical, like something a startup perfume company might release.

From the opening, it smells like the lingering base of a rose fragrance, a more synthetic than natural smell.
19th October, 2018
There's nothing that smells like No. 18, except, weirdly enough, Egoiste. It took me ages to make the connection, but once I did, it was unmistakable. It's the rose that does it, and it took No. 18 for me to recognize the rose in Egoiste. Strange how Chanels are all interrelated in such surprising ways.

To me, No. 18 is Egoiste with the spices swapped for herbal teas and the sandalwood for heaps of ambrette. It has a Scandinavian feel to it; all clean minimalism and cool, muted colors, but it also registers as organic and wholesome due to its carroty health store notes.

It's a very calming, clear headed scent to wear, and one that has been slowly growing on me.
02nd February, 2018
Stir these ingredients (pear slices, pencil shavings, a tiny, tight-assed rose, and the wee-est mouse dropping of sour musk) all together in a metal bowl using a metal spoon. Then leave in a sterile, air tight room until nearly all of the moisture has had a chance to dissipate. Put the remaining mixture into small, square shaped bottles and call it Chanel No. 18.

04th October, 2017
The Chanel EDT Oddball. First glance seems almost futuristic.
Ginger Ale and Grappa opening. Then an abstract artist's notion. Ambrette streaks across the Universe to meet a singular note of a Floral Essence Rose perfection. Then a snap back to a notion of something Icy
and soul-less. Pure and Austere.
Very soon a fade into a memory.
Beautiful and very nearly Transcendent.
A humongous bottle of this in EDT I am search of.
So I may jump right in.
30th September, 2016 (last edited: 07th January, 2017)
It was No. 18 that made me realize how much I love the smell of ambrette seed. It's a sort of icy, high-pitched, ecstatic, outer space carrot smell with hints of violet. No. 18 mixes it with iris, which gives it a weird ice cathedral vibe, as well as a purple plum rose, which hums in the background smelling like yeasty wine, pulling all the icy outer space fireworks down to earth.

I can see how I skipped over No. 18 for years. It's not an easy smell. The yeasty iris and wine cave darkness played against the extraterrestrial sharpness of the ambrette seed makes for some complex, unusual sniffing, but I really like it now. One of those perfumes I had to grow into...
13th May, 2016
I have had this scent rolling in the back of my mind for months. I finally purchased a full bottle. I'll do my best to tell you why:

This is one of the most unexpected samples I have ever received. That's saying a lot, considering some of the oddities I've discussed in previous reviews. As another reviewer already wrote, if I had tested this one blindly, I definitely would never had suggested it came from Chanel. Not that I don't believe Chanel could not have created it, but it differs in many ways from my current understanding of the house and my experience thus far.

This is the juice you try, think about, try again, think about some more, and then end up using the entire sample, and cannot stop thinking about...it's so simple it's exquisitely challenging yet wearable. A greener rose than No. 19, little to no powder (at least for me), and doesn't scream "vintage". It stands on its own. Probably a spring/summer scent, but I may try it on warmer fall days.
28th September, 2015

CHANEL No. 5 EAU PREMIERE EDP RUNWAY LIMITED EDITION COLLECTOR'S MINI 5ML NIB

$75.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Sunday Feb-23-2020 3:14:56 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

4 Burberry CLASSIC for Men EDT Splash 0.15 oz ea NO BOX (p1)

End Date: Sunday Feb-23-2020 3:23:21 PST

Clean Ultimate Beach Day Eau de Toilette Spray 2.14 oz Summer Scent New No Cap

End Date: Sunday Feb-23-2020 4:00:23 PST
Buy It Now for only: $17.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

COOL WATER DEEP DAVIDOFF 3.4 OZ DISCONTINUED PERFUME NO BOX.

End Date: Sunday Feb-23-2020 4:04:52 PST

Joy Jean Patou Parfum Paris Vintage .5 Oz No 459 Label Printed in France 5289

End Date: Sunday Feb-23-2020 4:15:38 PST
Buy It Now for only: $174.80

Member images of No. 18 Eau de Toilette

There are no member images of No. 18 Eau de Toilette yet. Why not be the first?