Aventure (2006)
    by Il Profumo

Average Rating:

Aventure Fragrance notes

Absinthe, Carambola, Lemon, Jasmine, White pepper, Incense, Lavender, Amber, Leather, Vetiver

Aventure information

Aventure is a men's fragrance by Il Profumo. The scent was launched in 2006

Shop for Aventure products online

Reviews of Aventure

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Citrus

Aventure leaves the gate with a very zesty citrus opening that's quickly joined by anise, a bit of lavender, and a very sparse floral bouquet. It's all very bright and clean - maybe even a bit antisceptic. Even after quite some wear, I don't get much depth out of this fragrance. A very pared down vetiver eventually shows its face, but the composition remains something of a cipher. Sure, it's clean and outdoorsy, but it's also faceless. Generic fresh, outdoorsy scents for men are a dime a dozen, so I can't imagine paying $90 for this.

12 June, 2014

RUDOLFO512's avatar

Beautiful fragrance......long lasting and smells very nice and elegant. I got it in the mail yesterday. I sprayed some on my wrist and this morning I still smelled it. I wore it to work today and already I have gotten many compliments. I love the way I smell.

26 February, 2014

Unique because of its thinness: Adventure is light, airy, spicy / citrus in a simple sort of way. Thereís certainly not much substance to the fragrance and its aroma isnít even what I would call interesting except for lack of tangibility. Itís just an unusual spicy / airy accord, but it certainly reminded me of something. Not knowing what ďcarambolaĒ was, I wikipediaed it, and I found out: The carambola is the star fruit that I have been eating and loving ever since I arrived in Taiwan. Iíve always enjoyed it because of its looks and taste: When sliced, each slice looks like a perfect, greenish-yellow five-pointed star. What I like about the taste is that it is refreshing without being cloying or heavy. Its aroma is like its taste: it doesnít resemble anything else that I know of, simply some semi-sweet refreshing fruity thing. In the opening of the fragrance what I get most are the aromatics of the absinthe and the light, almost vegetal sweetness of the star fruit. I get a bit of lemon and something that reminds me of anise. I think the anise smell can be accounted for by the lavender / amber combination. Thatís itÖ thatís all I get the total run of the fragrance. I donít get any jasmine, incense, or leather, but the scent is so thin that Iím surprised that I get any identifiable notes at all. It has limited sillage but decent longevity considering how light it is. Adventure is a nice little light fragrance but it lacks character and is much too expensive for what it delivers.

18 April, 2009

everso's avatar

boooooooooring. nothing really interesting going on here...i've tried this 3 or 4 times...and every time i sit and wonder "why do people make such boring rubbish fragrances?"

11th January, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar

Incense and leather. Good longevity. Not very adventuristic. Just a nice cool and heavy scent for early fall I think.

08 July, 2008

Fiorello's avatar

This juice is aptly titled. It is truly an adventure albeit a very short lived one. Musically, I would compare it to Shoegaze; cinematically like Antonioni. It needs time and space to envelop you with large, shifting vibrations. I think those who expect overtly dynamic fragrances will find Aventure too subtle. Those who appreciate less posture will enjoy the solful adventure. Aventure is very natural, slightly sweet, citrus-y, spicy, floral, incens-y, and a warm/cool leather fragrance. My only caveat is that it was not as tenacious as I would have hoped. I have not compared it to the G 11. Definitely sample first.
    Aventure dries down, very quickly, to a soft amber/musk accord. I would definitely buy this if it had more tenacious heart and base notes. Too bad, because it is quite unique and spacious.

24 October, 2007

Add your review of Aventure

Search for on eBay United States

Aventure 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray by Il Profumo for Men
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 8 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    AVENTURE IL PROFVMO PROFUMO eau de perfume 2ml carded SAMPLE vial
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 10 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)