Nanette Lepore (2004)
    by Nanette Lepore

Nanette Lepore Fragrance Notes

Shop for Nanette Lepore products online

Reviews of Nanette Lepore

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.

exciter76's avatar
    exciter76

Nanette Lepore’s eponymous fragrance reminds me of Daisy’s backwoods cousin. Certainly, Marc Jacob’s Daisy is not a scent I would associate exclusively with the 1% but while there is some level of class and refinement with Daisy, NL is a Pabst Blue Ribbon-swilling downhome gal in cute pink velour sweats. NL is actually very similar to Daisy: both have candied fruits, strong violets, and fluffy roses. Both are strong and long-lasting but the similarities end there; NL dries down to a sweet sandalwood with hints of vague fruit cocktail and generic flowers.

Analogous to my assessment of NL’s Shanghai Butterfly to D&G’s Light Blue, this is a cost-conscientious rendition of Daisy but definitely not a replacement for it. Sticklers for bottles will fall in love with its tchotchke design or hate it immensely. Since I have both NL and Daisy—and prefer Daisy—I keep NL more for its bottle than for its juice.

09 May, 2012

LadyDanio's avatar
    LadyDanio

I'm a very picky perfume person. I find most of them to be smelly and heavy (though I confess to loving Red Door when I was 8), and really prefer the nice smell of soap more than anything else on my body. However, I am a girl and so I kept trying to find a scent so that I could be like all the other girls. Enter Nanette Lepore. I swear I have tried on every scent over the years and one day I methodically went through Sephora's collection. Nanette Lepore was the only scent I kept coming back to, because it's unique blend of notes draws me in and works wonderfully with my body chemistry. Nothing else in the store worked as well. Nothing.

So why do I like Nanette Lepore? First off, there's that lovely, intoxicating blend of rose and jasmine notes. The rose is light and airy, which I really like, while the jasmine creates a deeper, more lush scent to balance the rose. The amber and sandalwood notes give the depth to this fragrance that it needs. It's the perfect everyday scent and it goes easily from day to night wear.

On my body the rose settles in after a little while, so the blend of darker and brighter notes are equal. This makes it light and romantic yet gives it that oomph needed to set it apart from ordinary floral scents.

This is my signature perfume. I love it and I couldn't be happier that it was created.

28 December, 2010

LaurenStDavid's avatar
    LaurenStDavid

Incredibly generic floral. Meh..... If it was being given away, I wouldn't take it.

06 April, 2010

foetidus

Nanette Lapore smells to me like lychee, which I’ve always thought smells like cheap perfume.

There you have it…

14 November, 2009

luvzzme's avatar
    luvzzme

At first glance I thought it is one of those ordinary fragrance. As it progress to the heart note, it has become very aquatic which I love. Think about Aqua and Pink combo. It's a fun perfume!

09 November, 2008

elmatador75's avatar
    elmatador75

If this is the same perfume in the green bottle, I absolutely love this on my girlfriend. Floral, but not too strong. Creamy vanilla middles and lows. It lasts all day on her skin. Good for summer or spring.

24 June, 2008