Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow (2007)
by Etat Libre d'Orange

Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow information

Year of Launch2007

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerAntoine Lie
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu

About Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow

Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow is a shared / unisex perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Antoine Maisondieu and Antoine Lie

Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow fragrance notes

Reviews of Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow

May not swallow, but it sucks!
13th April, 2015
“Don’t get me wrong baby, I don’t swallow” by Etat Libre d`Orange is a lily-of-the-valley composition with a supposedly provocative name. The only thing I find terrifying about the name is the punctuation; someone is very picky about the infants they plan on eating.

I decided to test the baby eater against the gold standard of LotV fragrances—Diorissimo—and it was immediately apparent that the fight was over with before it even started. Diorissimo already has the innocent greenness associated with springtime along with a subtle, yet suggestive animalic presence. Compared to Diorissimo, the baby eater was a compressed mess and I was starting to feel a little sorry for this vacuous member of the ELdO family. It was a mistake to leave out the semen note.

2.5/5
24th December, 2013
Agree with other comments, the storyline and notes set one up for something quite different than what the scent actually is -- namely a rather young, innocent scent. Lily of the valley done with a fresh dewy green backdrop. I don't get any gourmand notes (thankfully). I don't see a connect between the target market and the product here. Mainstream, sweet, chirpy.
11th December, 2012
Good grief – the blows irony strikes to truth in advertising. This one should be called Baby's Breath. It's a light, airy (them aldehydes) floral which can be easily worn in the summer when the nose is drawn towards simple, uncomplicated things. Mainly a scrubbed jasmine and orange blossom combo, though there's lily-of-the-valley in the opening. Sluggers like patchouli and chocolate mentioned in the notes are so far back in the mix, I don't really get them. There are undoubtedly dozens like this around, but I still find it charming.
03rd May, 2012
A fragrance that perfectly fits its name. You don't have to get her wrong, she's a good girl...

A clean floral fragrance (mainly lily of the valley and jasmine) of little (very little) interest.

As an old motto used to say: Good girls go to heaven, Bad girls go anywhere...
19th June, 2011 (last edited: 04th August, 2011)
A sharp blast of sweetness accompanied by aldehydes greets you on this one. Becomes a heavy floral as it progresses. Very feminine, but overall not that interesting and just too heavy on the florals. A little powdery as well, which for me, when combined with florals is just too much.
14th June, 2011

Add your review of Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow

Shop for Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow products online

Search Amazon for Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow

Member images of Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow

There are no member images of Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow yet. Why not be the first?