Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow (2007)
by Etat Libre d'Orange

Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow information

Year of Launch2007

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerAntoine Lie
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu

About Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow

Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow is a shared / unisex perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Antoine Maisondieu and Antoine Lie

Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow fragrance notes

Reviews of Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow

This is the original "Yes I Do". Diorissimo-light.
10th November, 2019
I don't know, maybe don't get her (or him) wrong, baby, not because she's chaste or coy but because she's disillusioned and maybe a little pissed off? I was expecting a symphonic commentary on bridal florals or a frothy tease of innocence with a little skank; what I got was an olfactory riff on romance gone bad, an initial bitch-fest of screeching aldehydes that morph into delicate flowers languishing in stale water, and a final, desultory pig-out on boxed wine and cheap chocolate.
10th November, 2017 (last edited: 07th December, 2017)
Well, flowers! jasmine! lily of the valley! nice orange flower tinge, not over sweet or rather floral rather than cloying sweet, just a bunch of polleny summery exhuberance!

It's really jasminey to me but sweet and clean rather than sultry. The LOTV is also there in force. The 'concept' seems to be some laboured notion that it's a wedding 'put a ring on it if you want to hit it' tale - sometimes I wonder if whoever is behind this nonsense at ELDO (the copywriting, not the perfumes which are often really good) realises that much of their stuff is quite male chauvinist - or is it all too post-modern for criticism?

Anyway, the scent sings of summer, and there's almost a (suntan) lotion thing going on there as well as the bouquet. It's very sniffable, and I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Just went off and read a few reviews and the blurb - I really do not get the comparisons to Diorissimo, unless things in Dior land have changed dramatically since I last got a bottle of Diorissimo. DGMWB is very floral and doesn't have the lovely greenness of Diorissimo at all.

A few hours later and it's a close to the skin fizzy floral with a vanilla/choc/coffee sweetness in the background.
20th July, 2017
May not swallow, but it sucks!
13th April, 2015
“Don’t get me wrong baby, I don’t swallow” by Etat Libre d`Orange is a lily-of-the-valley composition with a supposedly provocative name. The only thing I find terrifying about the name is the punctuation; someone is very picky about the infants they plan on eating.

I decided to test the baby eater against the gold standard of LotV fragrances—Diorissimo—and it was immediately apparent that the fight was over with before it even started. Diorissimo already has the innocent greenness associated with springtime along with a subtle, yet suggestive animalic presence. Compared to Diorissimo, the baby eater was a compressed mess and I was starting to feel a little sorry for this vacuous member of the ELdO family. It was a mistake to leave out the semen note.

2.5/5
24th December, 2013
Agree with other comments, the storyline and notes set one up for something quite different than what the scent actually is -- namely a rather young, innocent scent. Lily of the valley done with a fresh dewy green backdrop. I don't get any gourmand notes (thankfully). I don't see a connect between the target market and the product here. Mainstream, sweet, chirpy.
11th December, 2012

Add your review of Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow

Shop for Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow products online

Etat Libre d'Orange Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, Yes I Do EDP 1.6 oz (50 ml) NEW

$9.00 (14 Bids)
End Date: Sunday Dec-8-2019 6:44:59 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

Etat Libre d’Orange DON’T GET ME WRONG BABY Eau De Parfum 1.6 Oz. Sprayed Once.

$49.99 (0 Bids)

Etat Libre d'Orange Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, Yes I Do EDP 1.6 oz (50 ml) NEW

End Date: Thursday Jan-2-2020 14:17:44 PST
Buy It Now for only: $89.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Etat Libre d'Orange Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, Yes I Do EDP 7.5 ml Travel Size NEW

End Date: Thursday Jan-2-2020 14:17:46 PST
Buy It Now for only: $24.95

Member images of Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow

There are no member images of Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow