Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow (2007)
    by Etat Libre d'Orange

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 55 ratings

Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow Fragrance notes

Jasmine, Aldehydes, Muguet, Orange Flower, Ambré Solaire Accord, Patchouli, Cocoa, Marsh Mallow Musk

Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow information

Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow is a unisex fragrance by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.

gmstrack's avatar

“Don’t get me wrong baby, I don’t swallow” by Etat Libre d`Orange is a lily-of-the-valley composition with a supposedly provocative name. The only thing I find terrifying about the name is the punctuation; someone is very picky about the infants they plan on eating.

I decided to test the baby eater against the gold standard of LotV fragrances—Diorissimo—and it was immediately apparent that the fight was over with before it even started. Diorissimo already has the innocent greenness associated with springtime along with a subtle, yet suggestive animalic presence. Compared to Diorissimo, the baby eater was a compressed mess and I was starting to feel a little sorry for this vacuous member of the ELdO family. It was a mistake to leave out the semen note.

2.5/5

24 December, 2013

odysseusm's avatar

Agree with other comments, the storyline and notes set one up for something quite different than what the scent actually is -- namely a rather young, innocent scent. Lily of the valley done with a fresh dewy green backdrop. I don't get any gourmand notes (thankfully). I don't see a connect between the target market and the product here. Mainstream, sweet, chirpy.

11th December, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Good grief – the blows irony strikes to truth in advertising. This one should be called Baby's Breath. It's a light, airy (them aldehydes) floral which can be easily worn in the summer when the nose is drawn towards simple, uncomplicated things. Mainly a scrubbed jasmine and orange blossom combo, though there's lily-of-the-valley in the opening. Sluggers like patchouli and chocolate mentioned in the notes are so far back in the mix, I don't really get them. There are undoubtedly dozens like this around, but I still find it charming.

03 May, 2012

alfarom's avatar

A fragrance that perfectly fits its name. You don't have to get her wrong, she's a good girl...

A clean floral fragrance (mainly lily of the valley and jasmine) of little (very little) interest.

As an old motto used to say: Good girls go to heaven, Bad girls go anywhere...

19 June, 2011 (Last Edited: 04 August, 2011)

Harvitz81's avatar

A sharp blast of sweetness accompanied by aldehydes greets you on this one. Becomes a heavy floral as it progresses. Very feminine, but overall not that interesting and just too heavy on the florals. A little powdery as well, which for me, when combined with florals is just too much.

14 June, 2011

Gblue's avatar

I'm beginning to think that if the fragrances didn't have names that got people talking, these fragrances wouldn't sell or get anyone interested.
    This is remarkably similar to 'pleasures'. I assume the 'pleasures' girl doesn't swallow either.

16 December, 2008