Kiton Black (2007)

Kiton Black information

Kiton Black is a men's fragrance by Kiton. The scent was launched in 2007

Shop for Kiton Black products online

Reviews of Kiton Black

Showing 1 to 6 of 29 reviews.

olfactorium's avatar

Belgium Belgium

If you are that type of person

So this is what let me think of Philosykos!!!Ja-ha! Has the same violet/figue vibe which makes it exactly black and gives to it that kind of velvety-smooth feeling. And also a certain yummy-ness that reminds of Philosykos makes it black-ER than the original but should this characteristic be a part of a male scent? Probably if you pose yourself as such a person and find that people should like you for being yummy and smooth....ha ha ha!Would be rather wearable on a cold and clear autumn day than on a hot and sunny one.

25 September, 2013

charger's avatar

Great berry/citrus burst in the opening really was a pleasant surprise. The berry note lasts as is goes into a woody (mainly cedar) note with just a bit of underlying leather. Unfortunately this amazing scent does not last long at all on my skin. every so often I will get a very feint reminder of it, but it leaves me wanting more.

Update:

I found the solution to my longevity issue, more sprays! Today I went with three sprays to the chest, and one to the neck. That was 6 hours ago and I am still getting great projection from this now. I am even fighting a cold and am stuffed up a bit, but I have been able to catch this awesome scent for over half the day now.

I also get the references to Fahrenheit. I get the same berry/violet top note minus the gasoline of Fahrenheit. This is much smoother and more well behaved.

20th November, 2012 (Last Edited: 19 December, 2012)

Francolino's avatar

low on duration and sillage

31st August, 2012 (Last Edited: 14 March, 2013)

Marvin8's avatar

Back story: I belong to a very swank health club here in the Midwest which has an indoor running track. A couple times a week, I'd be stretching next to the track when this guy would jog by, dripping with sweat, and he'd smell GREAT. Well, I was too embarassed to stop him to ask what he was wearing, fearing he'd think I was gay and hitting on him, so I figured I'd let it go........but I STILL just HAD to know. Well, one day, as luck would have it, he was walking by my car with a girl, so I figured it was a perfect opportunity to roll the window down, summon him over, and "pop the question"; "Hey, uhm (long pause), I was just kinda wondering what cologne you wear when you run on the track? It smells great! Don't worry...I'm not hitting on ya."
    Well, he let out a big chuckle, then said; "not to worry, you're the 3rd person today to ask. Once was in my office, and the other was a girl in an elevator. Happens all the time." So after he told me "It's Kiton BLACK", I thanked him and he went on his merry way. First thing I did was buy a bottle of the stuff. Ok, folks....I've got a TON of high end colognes in the medicine cabinet...a TON. My favorite for many years has been Pheromone For Men by Marilyn Miglin, but when I started wearing this Kiton stuff, lemme tell ya....chicks are drawn to it like nothing I've ever experienced in my life. I don't know if it's the combo of my body scent plus the Kiton or not, but chicks are CONSTANTLY commenting about how wonderful I smell. HONEST. HONEST. HONEST........to the point where they think I'm being a shmuck when I refuse to tell them the name. It really works like a magnet for me. I highly suggest you try the stuff for yourself if you don't believe me. Then you will truly be amazed. Heck, I'M amazed that nobody has mentioned this in the prior reviews. Very bizarre. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I also love the smell of that Thierry Mugley stuff called Vettiver, but it sucks that it only lasts about a half hour on me. Won't buy it again for that reason. Kiton Black reigns supreme for picking up the babes!

01st March, 2012

pince_nez's avatar

Like the angular and minimalist designs of Rem Koolhaas -- this too plays with light and shadow. It is elegant and classy. It opens with a fizzy top which is like soda pop infused with red berries (Kiton is after all Italian), and then it segues into a very pronounced wall of violet leaf -- fresh/ heady/ persistent/ green just touched by the spice of cardamom and rounded by the woody warmth of cedar.

Then it darkens after an hour or so. I smell very distinctly -- pencil shavings! The earthiness of vetiver asserts itself very quickly -- slightly medicinal. Suede finally arrives -- like a soft warm caress though still colored by the lingering violet/vetiver tandem.

Highly recommended!

07 November, 2011 (Last Edited: 30th October, 2012)

Darvant's avatar

Black, light, airy and fruity suede. This is Kiton Black. Its kind of darkness is not an heavy one, the vetiver of the final phase, according with the assertions of some, is light, set just in order to provide the right (minimal) dose of boise earthiness (green virility) to be flanked by the spicy beat coming from cardamom. The opening is slightly pungent and decidedly obscure because of the highly bitter whiff produced by berries and the starting influence of the violets from the back. There is something almost aquatic and fruity in the air. The sensation is to inhale a very deep lemon-wild black cherry aroma with a touch of peaches to balance the saltiness (and the acidity of the lemon) with an hint of fruity sweet. The darkness is kept on by the velvety role played by violets while a vetiver-cedar accord plus spices starts in a while to provide structure and masculinity to the juice. It's not the Ungaro III's structure (which with i detect some similarities) cause spices, woods and earthy notes are less prominent and bold in here. In this phase anyway the fragrance is still too angular and obscure but in a few time a stunning final stage materializes itself in terms of velvety, tobacco rounded suede because of the wonderful link of amber-tonka-leather. The amber makes smoother the smoky leather arousing the perception of a fruity, slightly seasoned perfume of velvety suede. I use to dislike the excess of fruits in the fragrances but in Kiton Black the combination is well appointed. Unfortunately the scent is too close to skin for my full pleasure and the longevity is not at top. Anyway this is a nice scent for sure, ideal for a discreet touch of romanticism under the moonlight. If you have a clean face, tastefulness in the art of clothing, a disarming smile and pretend to be a good boy while are full of prickly secrets and use to hide yourself in the wardrobes of different houses from
    yours, well, this is the choice for you.

23 March, 2011 (Last Edited: 15 March, 2014)

Add your review of Kiton Black

Search for on eBay United States

Kiton Black Eau de Toilette 4.2oz
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 27 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Kiton Black Aramis 4.2 oz Men edt Eau de Toilette SEALED in NEW Box!!
    • Time Left: 17 days
    KITON BLACK 10 PC MINI SPRAY LOT .05 OZ EACH CARDED BEST DEAL ON THE NET
    • Time Left: 26 days
    Kiton Black for Men EDT 4ML Glass Travel Spray Atomizer Sample
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 24 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    * Kiton Black * Aramis 4.2 oz 125 ml Men Eau De Toilette NEW in SEALED Box!!
    • Time Left: 17 days