Sharper Image (1992)
    by Sharper Image

Average Rating:

Sharper Image information

Sharper Image is a men's fragrance by Sharper Image. The scent was launched in 1992

Reviews of Sharper Image

Showing 1 to of 1 reviews.

TropiRock's avatar

Sharper Image Cologne was correctly identified by Jon_Remy in his review of Sud Est. Here are Jon's thoughts about Sharper Image: "I believe this line was originally produced by Herb Alpert Fragrances (yes, the trumpeteer Herb Alpert). I believe he also released a fragrance called "The Sharper Image," which is no longer manufacatured, but which I still have three bottles and will use very sparingly. "The Sharper Image" did, in fact, last very long and smelled very "blue" and would do well in today's market given all the "blue" fragrances coming out like Bulgari's Blu, Blu Notte, Polo Blue, etc. Sad it's not available. A very fresh and potent scent indeed. Perfect for country life and formal evening. They should have kept this one and discontinued the original (which smells like cinnamon and clove, but completely different, but nice)."

I totally agree with Jon. I used to consider Sharper Image to be my "signature" scent back in the early 80's, but learned to use it sparingly. If you spray one or two spritzes too much, it can become cloying because yes, it is a strong fragrance with good sillage and great longevity. In moderation it is a nice, clean, rather soapy fragrance. Mildly sweet, but at the same time quite masculine. I would describe the fragrance as being linear, but very unique and to this day, I've never smelled another like it. Like Jon, I still have a little stash for posterity and occasionally pull out one of the cobalt blue bottles for use. It still smells great.

As an aside, years ago I was dismayed when I discovered that Sharper Image had discontinued the cologne. (After all, it was my signature scent!!). In desperation, I made a few calls to Sharper Image's customer service department and was fortunate to communicate with a kind-hearted soul who was very service oriented. That person contacted their main distribution center (Arkansas, as I recall?) and to my great glee, a few bottles were found lying in a dusty corner of the warehouse. Even more surprisingly, they shipped these.....the very last bottles....to me at no charge. That fond memory makes the cologne even more precious to me after all these years.

04 September, 2009

Add your review of Sharper Image

Search for on eBay United States

H. Alpert THE SHARPER IMAGE Cologne Spray FOR MEN 1.7 oz 50 ml NEW NIB Vintage
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 10 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    The Sharper Image After-Shave Refreshing Splash 4 fl. oz. Alcohol & Moisturizing
    • Listing Type: Auction