Ice*Men (2007)
    by Thierry Mugler

Shop for Ice*Men products online

Reviews of Ice*Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 54 reviews.

silentrich's avatar
    silentrich

So so summer fragrance.

I really like the opening of Ice Men. While some don't care for the menthol type opening I find it refreshing and a nice change from the all too familiar citrus opening. During the later half of the opening is when the iced coffee accord comes in and it really does smell like an iced coffee. What comes next is what really ruined this fragrance which is the patchouli. After the other notes subside that's really all your left with is this weak watery patchouli that's out of place. I realize that this is an A*Men Flanker, but this would have been much better if they would have toned down the patchouli and backed it up with some woods or a nice white musk. That brings me to the improved version of Ice Men which is Pure Shot. It's everything Ice Men should have been, but like Ice Men it doesn't project or last as well as it should. Poorly would be a better way to describe it. Overall, I still like Ice Men enough to wear it occasionally, but it's not something that stands out. Average at best.

Pros: Cheap, different.
    Cons: Longevity and projection.

07 July, 2013

conkhi's avatar
    conkhi

interesting

A different light amen drydown and menthol/ lime opening....not my fav but interesting enough to try!

20th May, 2013

Bobster's avatar
    Bobster

I am not an aquatic fan at all but Ice men is amazing. It reminds me a bit of 360 by perry ellis but ice men is way better. 360 always had this synthetic note in it that I just could not stand. Ice men is well blended and my most favorite part of the scent is the patchouli. This scent screams manliness and sexiness. i am so glad mugler found out how to make a scent masculine and aromatic. The projection and longevity of this superb!!!!!!

10th March, 2013

's avatar

I did not like the way that patchouli is done on this one. That'a synthetic and herbal smell touched by hints of mint that did not work for summer actually. If you're looking for somethinh fresh, get out of here.

15 November, 2012

Tucansam's avatar
    Tucansam

Ice Men is totally gross. I kept it thinking it would be better in the summer time but it only got worse in the heat . I now understand the meaning of the infamous urinal cake description described by others. This is what they use to make cleaning product to me. Truly a awful scent. Try before you buy this one.

15 May, 2012

elmatador75's avatar
    elmatador75

This the predecessor of 2012's Pure Shot. A similar blast of chlorine-like patchouli from Pure Shot salutes you at the outset. Then an ozonic juniper slides in. A fresh aquatic/aromatic fougure blend without the cloying sweetness that the genre is known for. Unlike Pure Shot, whose high notes are strident in their dominance, Ice Men's middle notes balance out the fragrance. The metallic patchouli and menthol base is pleasant. I like this fragrance. My only qualm is that it is a bit linear and not nearly as complex as its A-Men brethren.

07 May, 2012