Jacomo for Men (2007)
    by Jacomo

Average Rating: 3

Based on 10 ratings

Jacomo for Men information

Jacomo for Men is a men's fragrance by Jacomo. The scent was launched in 2007 and the bottle was designed by Denis Boudard

Shop for Jacomo for Men products online

Reviews of Jacomo for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral5 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

The_Cologneist's avatar

Mediocre.. very mediocre at best. Almost thumbs down really. Pineapple? Miniscule.. A little bit of a very poor pineapple note in the opening, mixes with a very poor coffee note, a lot of cedar, pepper, lavender. Smells very common, and like Sir Slarty, it reminds me of Gucci Envy as well, but no where near as good. The first time I tried this on.. I kept thinking I've smelled this somewhere before. Around the middle notes, it really begins to smell like Jacomo Aura, which.. reminds me of Gucci Envy, as those 2 fragrances are sort of similar. Jacomo for Men is in no way a pineapple fragrance, nor a coffee one. It's a simple mix of woods and spices, it's boring and played out. Glad somebody sent me a sample and I didn't waste the few bucks blind buying it and then trying to swap or sell it.. cheapies are hard to get rid of. This is not a recommended fragrance by me, save your money and get something else.

29th April, 2014

jclaxton78's avatar

Jacomo for Men (Jacomo Silver) is a really unique spicy masculine scent, with notes of pimento, ginger, pepper,and a touch of dried plum and pineapple. As it wears on, you smell some vetiver and tonka bean and amber. Minimal sweetness makes it stand out from most of the current mass market designer these days.

This one has it all. Refined, complex and mature for sure, but does not smell like an old man. Excellent longevity too. To me, this scent evokes confidence and power, especially early on. For those who want to smell like a man and not a fresh fruit salad. I consider this best for evenings, cold weather and at least semi-formal attire. No more than 1-2 sprays, it is powerful. Original and a superb deal.

22nd November, 2011

SirSlarty's avatar

Pretty good. I was reminded of Gucci Envy for Men with a powdery peppery smell but lacking punch. Also this is much more crisp and sharp, and then it mellows down into something similar to Chanel Allure Homme's drydown of tonka bean and amber. Kinda classy scent but lack a certain something to make it stand out.

17th December, 2010

Tony T's avatar

as stated previously,if you love the sharper in your face scent (le male,desire) this ain't for you.a skin scent indeed as it stays close and does not project. similiar to silver shadow but cheaper.great notes of pineapple,plum and veviter, but all i get is the pepper, amber and tonka. an extreme version is needed.

26th January, 2009

Bigsly's avatar

This is another case of sweetness relativity. I'm used to sweet fragrances, and this is not especially sweet at all if you are like me. In fact, the lack of overtsweetness is one thing I like about it. It seems to take a few minutes to warm up, but then the wafts you get are really nice. This is the kind of thing I was hoping Mugler's Pure Coffee would be like, and thinking about it, I would be willing to pay a lot more than the $12 I paid for a 100 ml bottle of this if this was a Mugler creation (though I would've sampled it first, rather than buying it unsampled, as I did with this one). I've tried several coffee fragrances and this is my favorite of the bunch. I can understand how some could say it lacks character, if you are used to fragrances with some sort of powerful kick to them (which this doesn't have). It's just a great accord that I've never come across before, so I have no complaints with it, because it fills a key niche in my large rotation.

16th January, 2009

JimProfit357's avatar

Belgium Belgium

Here's another scent I bought on a whim because I liked the sample vial I recieved.

To be fair it's nice for the price, all Jacomo fragrances are bang-for-your-buckers, the longevity and sillage are actually pretty good for that type of scent, but I got tired of the cloying sweetness.

The out of place pineapple is the main culprit here: an sharp-ish citrus note to balance the coffee beans and plum or a woodier base and a smooth lavender middle would make this infinitely more well-rounded.

I don't want to sound like a sweet basher, because I can appreciate a sweet/unisex fragrance, but this is bordering sticky-sweet and thus it's hard to pull it off.

Cool bottle altough the cap logo is a Chanel ripoff.

21st April, 2008

• Time Left: 15 days
    JACOMO de JACOMO Paris Men EDT 6.8 FL Oz / 200 ml EDT Vintage Black Cover NEW
    • Time Left: 27 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge by Jacomo for Men - 3.4 oz EDT Spray (Tester)
    • Time Left: 7 days