Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic (2007)
by Guerlain

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic information

Year of Launch2007

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerMarie Salamagne
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Marie Salamagne

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic fragrance notes

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic

rbaker Show all reviews
Pleasant orange opening with basil and an ambery woodsy drydown, but generic and synthetic-synthetic. Limited sillage and projection on my skin with three hours of longevity.

Average. 2/5
21st March, 2015
Um, really? I guess I just don't like these weird synthetic explosion perfumes.

There's a shock of hedione brightness on top and a ton of salty calone, which quickly veers off in a plasticky, eggy direction, while a very sweet, very artificial-smelling mandarin orange drowns in the chemical spill, with only sweet green tea to try to keep it buoyant. The basil hides beneath the salty eggy plastic, giving hints at Acqua di Gio's salty herbal basenotes, but it's all lost in a weird plasticky chemical stew.

Aside from the Guerlain name and completely different tastes in perfumes, I'm not sure why people like this. For a similar exploration of salty plastic synthetics, I'd recommend Bond No 9's more compelling Coney Island. If it's weird sweet post-modern outer space citrus that you're looking for, Happy for Men is amazingly better than this, and if you just want to smell like oranges, there are dozens of traditional citrus Eau's that should satisfy your needs much better than this. Honestly, unless you're such a Guerlain completist that you need everything they've ever done, good or bad, I'd skip Mandarine Basilic entirely...
18th February, 2014

This fragrance triumphantly incorporates the critus and herb qualities, and offers the freshness that one would expect from Guerlain's range of lighter fragrances.

Definately one for the warmer days, although can be a gents evening fragrance regardless of season.

A light, fresh and delicious fragrance which delivers exactly what it promises.
11th April, 2013
This is a lovely citrus - fresh, sweet, with loads of green notes to stop it being cloying. Definitely a feminine scent.
12th December, 2011
I wouldn't concider it as femenine, I would go for unisex. I am simply crazy with this aroma, at first I belive it had a weak longevity, but after using it for some days i proved it has good lasting. it is so aqurate to tangerine that the first day I thougth i had poured on me the freshly squeezed fruit juice. I love basil but that is one note is not perceptible to me.
for the cost of perfume now a day, I beleive it is even a low price to pay for such a good product KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!!!!!
I simply love this fragance!!!! one of the best citrus aromas ever produced. my cogratulations to mrs Salamagne and Gerlain.
24th January, 2011 (last edited: 18th July, 2011)
This is one of the best citrus scents I've found. It's listed as feminine, but this rides so stratospheric, it transcends gender. It does lean towards the feminine side of unisex though.

The longevity is refreshingly long lasting, if not aggressive. Be sure you're in warm weather!

Alternately, I'm still experimenting with layering with this. However, you'll probably want to do a spray walk through as to not have this dominate whatever you're layering with. This quickly turned into a must-have upon sampling. Unique. Classy. Uber Refreshing.

Check out Bergamote 22 by Le Labo for a further lean towards masculine.
15th March, 2010

Add your review of Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic products online

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic

Member images of Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic

There are no member images of Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic yet. Why not be the first?