Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic (2007)
    by Guerlain

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic Fragrance notes

Mandarin Orange, Basil, Green Tea, Amber

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic products online

125ml EdT
    75ml EdT
    $58.72*
    75ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 35.10)

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 8 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

rogalal's avatar
    rogalal

Um, really? I guess I just don't like these weird synthetic explosion perfumes.

There's a shock of hedione brightness on top and a ton of salty calone, which quickly veers off in a plasticky, eggy direction, while a very sweet, very artificial-smelling mandarin orange drowns in the chemical spill, with only sweet green tea to try to keep it buoyant. The basil hides beneath the salty eggy plastic, giving hints at Acqua di Gio's salty herbal basenotes, but it's all lost in a weird plasticky chemical stew.

Aside from the Guerlain name and completely different tastes in perfumes, I'm not sure why people like this. For a similar exploration of salty plastic synthetics, I'd recommend Bond No 9's more compelling Coney Island. If it's weird sweet post-modern outer space citrus that you're looking for, Happy for Men is amazingly better than this, and if you just want to smell like oranges, there are dozens of traditional citrus Eau's that should satisfy your needs much better than this. Honestly, unless you're such a Guerlain completist that you need everything they've ever done, good or bad, I'd skip Mandarine Basilic entirely...

18 February, 2014

DLR's avatar
    DLR

This fragrance triumphantly incorporates the critus and herb qualities, and offers the freshness that one would expect from Guerlain's range of lighter fragrances.

Definately one for the warmer days, although can be a gents evening fragrance regardless of season.

A light, fresh and delicious fragrance which delivers exactly what it promises.

11th April, 2013

Stargazer's avatar
    Stargazer
    Wales Wales

This is a lovely citrus - fresh, sweet, with loads of green notes to stop it being cloying. Definitely a feminine scent.

12 December, 2011

jabadiba's avatar
    jabadiba

I wouldn't concider it as femenine, I would go for unisex. I am simply crazy with this aroma, at first I belive it had a weak longevity, but after using it for some days i proved it has good lasting. it is so aqurate to tangerine that the first day I thougth i had poured on me the freshly squeezed fruit juice. I love basil but that is one note is not perceptible to me.
    for the cost of perfume now a day, I beleive it is even a low price to pay for such a good product KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!!!!!
    I simply love this fragance!!!! one of the best citrus aromas ever produced. my cogratulations to mrs Salamagne and Gerlain.

24 January, 2011 (Last Edited: 18 July, 2011)

holyzoo's avatar
    holyzoo

This is one of the best citrus scents I've found. It's listed as feminine, but this rides so stratospheric, it transcends gender. It does lean towards the feminine side of unisex though.

The longevity is refreshingly long lasting, if not aggressive. Be sure you're in warm weather!

Alternately, I'm still experimenting with layering with this. However, you'll probably want to do a spray walk through as to not have this dominate whatever you're layering with. This quickly turned into a must-have upon sampling. Unique. Classy. Uber Refreshing.

Check out Bergamote 22 by Le Labo for a further lean towards masculine.

15 March, 2010

Coconut's avatar
    Coconut
    Hong Kong Hong Kong

According to Osmoz, Aqua Allegoria - Mandarine Basilic consists of the following notes.
    Topnotes: Green Tea, Ivy, Clementine, Blood Orange, Orange Blossom
    Heartnotes: Mandarin Orange, Basil, Peony, Chamomile
    Basenotes: Amber, Sandalwood
    This is probably one of my citrus category favourite recently. I have put on 4-5 spritzes for the review. The opening is notably citrusy and juicy. The smell of orange is overwhelming, it concealed the green tea, ivy, orange blossom which is listed on the notes. The scent of orange lasted a considerable of time, at least 1.5-2 hours before it toned down into a softer citrus / floral scent. The dry down is soothing, which smells like a pale citrus water with a drop of amber wielded together.

I agree with kewart, it is definately a good fragrance for summer months.

06 June, 2009