Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic (2007)
by Guerlain

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic information

Year of Launch2007

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerMarie Salamagne
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Marie Salamagne

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic fragrance notes

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic

Just like the title there is mandarin and basil. The basil is particularly nice in that it smells more like the leafy cooking basil than the dried herb, so it has that sappy quality to it. The tea makes it more feminine, but it's fairly enjoyable. Nothing I'm excited about, but not bad.
23rd January, 2019
I had a chance to wear Mandarine Basilic as it was the only perfume I had on hand for a week while doing extensive traveling. I have absolutely nothing exciting nor unpleasant to say about this perfume. It's a solid neutral or 'meh' from me. In fact, it's incredibly forgettable when I'm wearing it - I've forgotten I've put it on and the only way for me to remember the scent is to really mush my nose onto my arm.

In a way this is also a good point - it's a perfume that I really can't complain about any of the notes, it's so plain so spartan, something that anyone can like. It's not stellar, but it's not offensive either. Perfect office scent if you must sit in close quarters together, but there is nothing here to woo or shine. But, I also warn that my hubby said he could smell it perfectly fine on me even when I couldn't - the same way Shalimar Souffle was to me - I could barely detect any of the scent when everyone around me could. Makes me wonder if I found my scent blind spot with this one.
01st August, 2018
Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic (2007) is a nearly there fragrance for me. I like it more than Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune (1999), and I can appreciate both of them for capturing moments, snapshots of what was happening in perfumery in their release years, and memorable moments for people wearing them, and for other people around them - but they lack the effortless grace I prefer in perfume. They're loud, bombastic even; especially Pamplelune.

This mandarin and basil version has the feel of an aquatic fragrance that I think captures the market trend of its time, and in keeping with that, has an unrelenting reliance on the bankable aroma chemicals that were making the rounds. These aquatic aroma chemicals are not necessarily a deal breaker, but they have to be handled with more care than they were here.

The opening salvo of this worked fairly well, and it was in thumbs up territory for the first few minutes before it became clear that things were not going to work between us.
26th June, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
Pleasant orange opening with basil and an ambery woodsy drydown, but generic and synthetic-synthetic. Limited sillage and projection on my skin with three hours of longevity.

Average. 2/5
21st March, 2015
Um, really? I guess I just don't like these weird synthetic explosion perfumes.

There's a shock of hedione brightness on top and a ton of salty calone, which quickly veers off in a plasticky, eggy direction, while a very sweet, very artificial-smelling mandarin orange drowns in the chemical spill, with only sweet green tea to try to keep it buoyant. The basil hides beneath the salty eggy plastic, giving hints at Acqua di Gio's salty herbal basenotes, but it's all lost in a weird plasticky chemical stew.

Aside from the Guerlain name and completely different tastes in perfumes, I'm not sure why people like this. For a similar exploration of salty plastic synthetics, I'd recommend Bond No 9's more compelling Coney Island. If it's weird sweet post-modern outer space citrus that you're looking for, Happy for Men is amazingly better than this, and if you just want to smell like oranges, there are dozens of traditional citrus Eau's that should satisfy your needs much better than this. Honestly, unless you're such a Guerlain completist that you need everything they've ever done, good or bad, I'd skip Mandarine Basilic entirely...
18th February, 2014

This fragrance triumphantly incorporates the critus and herb qualities, and offers the freshness that one would expect from Guerlain's range of lighter fragrances.

Definately one for the warmer days, although can be a gents evening fragrance regardless of season.

A light, fresh and delicious fragrance which delivers exactly what it promises.
11th April, 2013

100% Authentic Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic By Guerlain EDT Spray 4.2

End Date: Tuesday Apr-30-2019 6:54:09 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $103.93
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

AQUA ALLEGORIA Mandarine Basilic Guerlain EDT Spray 4.2 oz / 125 ml (F)

End Date: Tuesday Apr-30-2019 16:14:13 PDT

AQUA ALLEGORIA Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 oz Women

End Date: Saturday May-4-2019 0:54:18 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $93.32
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

AQUA ALLEGORIA Mandarine Basilic Guerlain EDT Spray 4.2 oz / 125 ml (F)

End Date: Sunday May-5-2019 6:57:38 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $135.54
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

AQUA ALLEGORIA Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 oz for Wo

End Date: Sunday May-5-2019 20:40:38 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $81.66
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Perfume Mujer AQUA ALLEGORIA Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain Eau De Toilette 2.5oz

End Date: Monday May-6-2019 1:43:56 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $68.62

Member images of Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic

There are no member images of Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic yet. Why not be the first?