Jasmin 17 (2006)
    by Le Labo

Shop for Jasmin 17 products online

Reviews of Jasmin 17

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

An absolutely gorgeous jasmine note greets me, a classic elegant note that is as such not sweet. Soon it emanates that this is more than jasmin, with orange blossom and sandalwood added in the drydown. Later vanilla kicks in and this adds sweetness to the later stage of the development. This scent is made of high-quality ingredients and very well and smoothly blended. Poor silage but adequate projection, with a longevity of four hours. A great jasmine fragrance that is perfect for spring.

13 January, 2014

cello's avatar
    cello

With a delicate presentation of a potentially bombastic note, Le Labo has created a lovely jasmine fragrance. Albeit via an orange blossum route I suppose.

After an initial burst of sweetness and headiness from a wonder orange blossum note, this one shifts gears and softens up. There is jasmine, but it is delicate, and I do not detect indoles to any significant extent. It is almost the fragrance akin to the taste of jasmine tea, gentle and subtle but present.

The drydown is close wearing, continuing the soft and gentle approach. Wisps of vanilla and musk, warm smelling.

A lovely jasmine fragrance if you like soft and pretty florals.

21st March, 2013

furrypine's avatar
    furrypine
    Norway Norway

A lovely orange blossom fragrance. Jasmine and vanilla are supporting players and keep the orange blossom sweet and non-indolic. Great longevity, huge sillage. I like it a lot but you better love orange blossom if you consider getting it.

20th July, 2012

michailG's avatar
    michailG

Jasmin 17 is a well made deep, rich, powdery sweet jasmine. It is not transparent, floral or light. At first I wasn't crazy about it and I couldn't trace any citrus notes. Maybe it was the humidity or the temperature but today after a couple of hours I get a tart orange accord that is quite nice. Previously I thought there was a vanilla accord now I think that impression was due to the overall sweetness. In any case, this is an olfactory creation, not overpowering and intoxicating as Jasmin Noir. Pleasant alas not great.

17 April, 2012 (Last Edited: 10th May, 2012)

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Le Labo continues to amaze me with their beautiful simplicity and their workshop-based concepts. Jasmin 17, although not anything outstanding is polite, refined and smooth. Everything that a jasmine soliflore should be.

Sarrasins by Serge Lutens is still my favourite jasmine scent, however when Sarrasins is too dark and rich for Summer, that's where Jasmin 17 comes in. This fragrance is a pretty concoction of light, transparent jasmine, a hint of orange blossom and milky vanilla.

Subtle and fresh, and in some ways innocent, Jasmin 17 is nothing loud or irritating, just delicate jasmine blooms resting softly on the skin. This fragrance is fairly linear, the only development being the appearance of the musk in the drydown.

Like I mentioned before, simplicity is what I admire from this fragrance house. Jasmin 17 goes to show that extreme measures don't need to be taken in order to achieve something lovely and fresh.

The scent also feels rather natural on the skin. There's a definite sweetness in Jasmin 17 that is most likely the result of the jasmine and vanilla blending together rather than a saccharine additive.

This fragrance lasts considerably well and the sillage is moderate, not too strong nor too soft. I highly recommend this fragrance to floral lovers and jasmine fanatics alike.

04 April, 2012

Harvest Moon's avatar
    Harvest Moon
    England England

Tried this today and thought it was wonderful. I normally steer clear of anything with a recognisable jasmine note to it, but the Le Labo version is lovely to my nose. It starts off with a subtle citrus note and them seems to develop a sort of green tea freshness. This may well disappoint hard core jasmine lovers, but for me it's the first jasmine that I've found that I know I will go back and purchase.

As ever, a completely different smell on my friend, though equally loved by her for other reasons.

19 October, 2011