Iris 39 (2006)
    by Le Labo

Shop for Iris 39 products online

Reviews of Iris 39

Showing 1 to 6 of 19 reviews.
    positive 16 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

The Iris in the opening is brilliant - rich, elegant but strong, full and not sweet. The drydown adds violet, a light musk and a dash of rose to it. After two hours it becomes close to my skin, and impressions of ylang-ylang and civet a present. The first iris-laden hours are magnificent, and the total longevity is four hours. A benchmark iris.

01st February, 2014

Bal a Versailles's avatar
    Bal a Versailles

Don't Limit the Is

Just a little swing through Fillmore Street and I found Le Labo. I gave my heart to only one and it was Iris 39. It's...think about it. It is...It's. You will have your own way to describe this on your body and I'm almost certain it will be complimentary. It's stellar Iris to me.

Pros: It is lots of things
    Cons: There's a middle note a bit 'off' for about two seconds

22 June, 2013

twinpeaker's avatar
    twinpeaker

A springtime Iris, with green, hyacinth notes and a crystalline quality. Initially cool, there is a warm heart that becomes more obvious as time progresses. This is classy without being matronly.

20th March, 2013

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

This is a floral effluvium ideally worn by an incredibly classy and mysterious middle-aged elusive french woman. Iris, yes, but also musk, civet and rooty/earthy elements in a deep, almost salty and sensual/organic effect. My first feel was in a while to be inhaling a complex, radiant, lemony and indolic floral aroma (violets in particular but also rose) over a musky bed and effectively this remarkably sophisticated fragrance arouses by soon a really classic aroma with a multifaceted floral temperament. The latter just in the dry down is exalted in its iris regal presence, an articulated, animalic and musky Iris with shadowy exotic trails (a bit Chanel N.19 and Narciso Rodriguez For Her-but in a far far more sophisticated way- and for other reasons conjuring up Diva Ungaro or K by Krizia). I detect for sure by soon the rose and the violet with some rooty vibe and sheer musky soft accents but in a few time the smell starts to evolve towards something more assertive, classic and mysterious, featuring a darker, spicier and mossier animal civet and a royal patchouli that elicits the mystic aura of some giants from the french luxurious classic perfumery. The dry down is a velvety and changeful valzer of royal, dark, earthy/rooty and subtle floral patterns swirling around a spicy patchouli backbone rooted in to a solid base of civet and musk. In particular i catch the mysticism and the almost soapy exoticism of this accord (musk-patchouli-civet a la V&A First) as surrounded by a valzer of spices and floral (iris-rich) patterns (and probably hints of aldehydes in my humble opinion) in a general exotic/indolic atmosphere (in this phase the enigmatic mysticism from fragrances as La Perla for Women or Aromatics Elixir come to mind). Frankly one of the most sensual, womanly and mysterious fragrance ever tested in my life. Stunning. Nothing to add.

09 February, 2013 (Last Edited: 11th February, 2013)

michailG's avatar
    michailG

Le Labo claims that "Explaining Kills Art" therefore they don't give us the top, middle and base notes. They do give the notes in general though and it is a long list if we also add what they don't tell us. In any case this is a superb perfume, intoxicating, deep, "dirty" some said, and rich. I don't know if many men would be able to pull this one off but even if you don't dare to wear this at least try it. I do think that Iris by Prada (the one supposedly for women) is easier to wear than Iris 39 but this one is extraordinary. As time goes by (after a couple of hours) Iris 39 settles into a mellow creamy composition that is addictive (could it be the civet?)!

22 May, 2012

OVincze's avatar
    OVincze

Iris 39 is among my very favorite having a favorite spot in my fragrance wardrobe especially now in spring. I am not a person into diluted, nondescript fumes and definitely detest the popular summer fruitchoulis and while I like some skin scents (take Cartier Baiser Vole) I will never have a love affair with them. Being a greener floral chypre but wearable in hot weather too and having the much loved animalic notes, I have always had a serious crush on Iris 39 ever since I first smelled it. Though in the winter I would go for something even deeper and more animalic, Iris 39 is not your light and airy little floral but rather a pretty heavy hitter and very sensual in nature; being secretly dirty while gorgeously beautiful and very elegant as well. The moment you smell Iris 39 you will always remember it, it is very intriguing and beautiful as it is it has a character that reminds me of an entire iris plant dug out from earthy, slightly animalic dirt (take a bit of cat poop mixed in) with traces of it left on.This is how I want my Iris, not entirely innocent but somewhat mysterious, naturally gorgeous and whispering dirty secrets in your ears. I could not stop thinking of this sophisticated and slightly complicated painting of a beautiful lady, I just had to have her to enjoy her grand breath of real nature, real spring, unparalleled sex appeal, never tacky nor sweet. As typical of Le Labo you can just smell the quality of the ingredients, though pricey, it is well worth the price.

17 May, 2012