Patchouli 24 (2006)

HouseLe Labo
PerfumerAnnick Menardo
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Patchouli 24

Patchouli 24 is a shared / unisex perfume by Le Labo. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Annick Menardo

Patchouli 24 fragrance notes

Reviews of Patchouli 24

I very much like this, the initial smoky November bonfire impression, drying down more sweetly to whisky and leathery vanilla. long lasting and inexplicably sexy. Love it. not perhaps for work but on moisturised skill the longevity is a blast.
24th August, 2017
I do not consider myself a parfum expert; however, I know what I like and that which I dislike. I am always reluctant to leave such a negative review 'cause I do not wish to offend. But there are enough positives on this fragrance...so here it is:

In one word: Blecccchhhhh!

Bought this with a few other incense, patchouli, woodsy, rose, floral, etc samples. Was recently re-introduced to Le Labo after staying at a hotel that supplied us with Rose 21 items. So, among Rose 21, I figured I'd sample a few other coveted Le Labo fragrances...

On me, on my husband and on the dog (who gagged), this fragrance was absolutely awful...like horrible awful. Burnt motor-oil, hot rubber, smokey ash, dead body...smells like the bottom of an ashtray that someone spit in...just horrible. Cannot imagine walking around smelling like this!

Sadly, the sample is in the trash, never to be inhaled by any of us again...ever...just awful IMHO!
04th July, 2017
Initially I wasn't taken with Patchouli 24 or any of Le Labo's fragrances for that matter. They all had a similar fatty waxy texture to them that I wasn't sure about at first. Turin loved this one, so I kept trying it out. I had samples of the Oud and Vetiver, but I kept coming back to the Patchouli. Like some of my other favorites, it slowly grew on me. Now it's one of my favorites. The vanilla, patchouli, and cinnamon are so well blended. There is also a band aid quality that might drive people away. Some red wines (Pinot Noirs and some Rhone-based wines) have small amounts of Brettanomyces (which I love) and that band aid/barn smell reminds me of that.

I don't get all the roasted meat that folks mention above, but the aldehydes coupled with the vanilla drydown make this slightly gourmand-like for me. I'm still trying to find the right place and situation for this scent.

24th May, 2017
Recently repurchased this and was initially somewhat disappointed. The ferocious birch tar and smoky opening is no longer as overwhelming as it once was when I initially smelled it, and only finally grew to love after some initial apprehension. But on the other hand, the vanilla in the drydown is not as pronounced either, resulting in a smoother, perhaps more versatile fragrance than it used to be. Overall, despite these perceived differences, Patchouli 24 remains a great fragrance, and well worth pursuing for those who like smoky fragrances, as it's still one of the best.
17th February, 2017
It’s true that Patchouli 24 smells like smoking tar pits and the aftermath of a chemical fire in a tire factory, but that doesn’t fully explain why it’s sexy.

I remember the first time I wore this. I had been swimming in a city pool with my husband and young son, and my skin still smelled of chlorine when I sprayed it on. Somehow, the combination of pool chemicals with the burned, smoky “electrical fire” facet of Patchouli 24 and the thin, poisonously sweet slick of vanillin pooled at the base of the scent made me smell like a total badass, like Lisbeth from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, chasing a bad guy down on her motorcycle. Even though I was wearing jeans at the time, one spritz and I felt like I was dressed in a black rubber cat suit and heavy black eye liner.

Patchouli 24 makes me feel like I always thought Piquet’s Bandit would make me feel but didn’t – powerful, but also female. There is a salty-sweet “glazed ham” quality to the smoke note here that just sends me over the top. The dreaded fir balsam (or could it be vetiver?) sweat note makes an unwelcome appearance in the far drydown, but idly enough it’s not the deal breaker it is to me in other scents such as Baccarat Rouge 545 or Encens Flamboyant. The only reason I don’t wear it more often than I do is because every time I am in the car with my family, my husband stops the car to check for an electrical shortage or fire of some sort.
08th December, 2016
A homage to the smoke-filled origins of perfume, Patchouli 24 is truly fine. Well it is, if like me you appreciate the following things and are not averse to wearing their odour – first, great billowing clouds of woodsmoke and heated tar, then the antiseptic smell of hospital corridors, maple-cured bacon, lapsang souchong, peaty whisky, auld leather, split birch bark. Patchouli 24 achieves a union of these strong personalities without sinking under their weight; it won’t march over you in jackboots.
Underneath this wood and smoke fest is a dry and somewhat loamy patchouli (which seems to only inhabit the heart phase), half hidden, just the way I like it, and some equally dried out and sugar-free vanilla. This is everything I expected Menardo’s Black to be but wasn’t: impressively textured and full of character (‘sexy grease monkey’ comes to mind) rather than the somewhat dull mumble of Black.
With the vanilla a bit more to the fore in the deep drydown, Patchouli 24’s final hours are as a tarry amber.

17th June, 2016

Add your review of Patchouli 24

Shop for Patchouli 24 products online

Shop for Patchouli 24 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Patchouli 24

Member images of Patchouli 24

There are no member images of Patchouli 24 yet. Why not be the first?