Aldehyde 44 (2006)

• Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of Aldehyde 44

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

Weird. Like Chanel No. 5 minus everything but the waxy, soapy, fizzy, sweet part on a razor-sharp, clean musk. An interesting experience, but not what I want to smell like!

09 March, 2014

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

I've tested it once in London but Le Labo could i suppose be found in Rome or Milan. I agree with Lafoebe's description, this is a sort of powerfully aldehydic white-musky fragrance with a metallic and medicinal initial approach before the powderiness starts soaring with all its charge of milkiness. It's sensual and airy but a bit too onedimentional. It starts with a blast of citrus, florals , greens and aldehydes and slides later in a sink of white musk, sandalwood and amber. Powerful but a bit too unoriginal and pharmaceutical.

02 November, 2011 (Last Edited: 07 February, 2013)

FirstPartisan's avatar
    FirstPartisan

Many of the fragrance houses stay away from composing an aldehydic fragrances. That is because of the fact that aldehydic fragrances are not for everybody and not many people appreciate the beauty behind aldehydes.

Aldehyde 44 is done right. I love Serge Luten's "La Myrrhe" over this fragrance but I do love to wear A44 from time to time. Aldehydes are not for everyday use.

25 August, 2011

bbBD's avatar
    bbBD

I was very excited to receive my decant of this obscure item (as someone mentioned, it is only available at the Dallas, TX Barney's). I'm not sure why Le Labo is keeping this so under wraps, but I can report it's good but perhaps not worthy of such exclusivity.

The opening is very reminiscent of the aldehyde laden opening of Chanel No.22. However, whereas No.22's aldehydic strength persists throughout most of the life on the fragrance, Le Labo's fades fairly rapidly. At first some florals and a touch of citrus lay under the aldehydes, and within the first 30 minutes or so the aldehydes fade, leaving a musky, light citrus/fresh/floral. Although pleasant, nothing distinguishes this Le Labo.

I'm not sure what Barney's Dallas charges for this, but based on the decant price it's somewhere around what they charge for Vanille 44 which is only available at the Paris boutique and somewhere around $500/100ml (per TPC's website). If you're looking for an aldehyde-rich floral I think Chanel No.22 is a much better choice, and at $200/190ml it's a significant savings over Le Labo.

07 October, 2008

lafoebe's avatar
    lafoebe

Never smelled anything close to it. Musky, medicinal, oriental and metallic. Dry down is amazing! Very sexy but also odd. Left me speechless. Everyone wants it but I am not telling where to get it. Worth every penny!

26 August, 2008

lizzie_j's avatar
    lizzie_j

One of the few powdery fragrances that I love! Aldehyde 44 has a lush, compelling opening of aldehydes with a touch of citrus. As the fragrance dries it just keeps getting softer and cozier. Superbly crafted & balanced, without distinct transitions--similar, in my mind, to the transition of color in ombre fabric! Though, as the fragrance progresses, I smell hints of this note and that note, the only clear cut notes for miles around are the aldehydes. I never knew how wonderful that could be!

21st August, 2008