Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir (2007)
by Christian Dior

Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir information

Year of Launch2007
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir

Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir

Zowiee Show all reviews
Great fragrance for the warm Florida climate. A light leather "jacket" envelopes with some nice citrus. Longevity I'd above average for me, with soft sillage. I have been nursing this bottle for almost 10 years, with about 1/3rd left! So glad I purchased a full bottle.
01st April, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening blast reminds me of the original with the lemon and hedione, and the fresh-herbal drydown, but on my skin it is thinner that the original. The leather that is added is light, smooth and soft and a bit flat.

The later stages see cedar added, but really no chypre-denoting mossy component, and it has little crispness or sharpness to it.

The sillage is moderate, the projection all right, and I get six hours of longevity on my skin.

On my skin this flanker lacks depth and a true chypre character. This thinned out and emasculated version might have been the early stages of the dilution and trivialisation of this originally great composition - LVMH tore its heart out well before IFRA. The rather anaemic leather veneer does not save it from slipping down into mediocrity. Not bad, not good. 2.5/5.
23rd February, 2016
Was issued for a short while and then withdrawn for good reason. Generic Calone and Leather dolloped on top of such a beautiful perfume. Blasphemy!!
Take away the Oakmoss,bad enough, but bastardization destroys all that was grand about the original.
I owned it and sold it to someone who appreciates it's attempt to bridge to the original.
29th December, 2015 (last edited: 31st May, 2017)
I have never been an enthusiastic fan of all Eau Sauvage versions and flankers, I only love the vintage classic Eau Sauvage and the recent Extreme version from 2010. This Fraicheur Cuir is a rare and apparently rather neglected flanker which I barely heard about sometimes in then past, I assume also because it was a discontinued limited edition, and now that I got a bottle of it, I can see why it wasn’t apparently that successful. In fact, for being released in 2007, it smells extremely, amazingly close to the vintage version of classic Eau Sauvage, just – as the name says – with an elegant shade of thin, dry leather. That’s it, so the name is perfectly fit: it’s Eau Sauvage at its best, it’s fresh (with a slight, almost unperceivable but well-fitting sort of watery-ozonic vibe at first), and it has leather. All in the most respectable quality you can imagine. As simple as it gets: bracing and pungent at first, slightly more herbal than classic Eau Sauvage maybe (L’Homme de Grès kind of vibrant, pungent green bitterness), gently surrounded by a dry, dark, mannered and austere frame of dry leather, just tinged with a hint of powderiness (lavender, I assume), distantly reminding of some leathery feminine chypres. Simple, but fantastic. An amazing time capsule with a modern vibe, probably too elegantly nostalgic to find its way in nowadays’ market, and a precious and sophisticated homage to Dior’s golden era. Quite worth the price.

10th September, 2015
I bought this because of it's rarity. I thought it's nice to have one of this for collection. Truly a classic citrus + leather but couple of months later I gave it to my (much) older brother. I think it'll suit him well during church time and activities.
04th December, 2014
Genre: Leather

Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir is pretty much what it says on the label: Eau Sauvage with some watery fruit notes (Calone?) up top and a dab of clean leather. The leather leaves Fraîcheur Cuir smelling a touch closer to Roudnitska’s earlier Eau d’Hermès (minus the cumin and civet) than does the original, while the “fraîcheur” element points up the family relation to Le Parfum de Thérèse and Diorella. The fruit and leather also render Faîcheur Cuir sweeter and softer than the original version, an impression that persists into the drydown, which is noticeably less mossy than the accustomed Eau Sauvage.

Is Fraîcheur Cuir a pleasant variation on the Eau Sauvage theme? Without a doubt. Was it absolutely necessary? Of that I’m not so sure.
13th June, 2014

Add your review of Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir

Shop for Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir products online

Christian Dior Eau Sauvage (Fraicheur Cuir) EDT Spray 98% FULL

End Date: Thursday Mar-7-2019 7:41:27 PST
Buy It Now for only: $169.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir

There are no member images of Eau Sauvage Fraîcheur Cuir yet. Why not be the first?