Matthew Williamson - The Collection: Incense (2007)
    by Matthew Williamson

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 20 ratings

Matthew Williamson - The Collection: Incense information

Matthew Williamson - The Collection: Incense is a women's fragrance by Matthew Williamson. The scent was launched in 2007 and the bottle was designed by Henry de Monclin / Matthew Williamson

Reviews of Matthew Williamson - The Collection: Incense

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Darvant's avatar

Really, this one is a great incense smell but can't be ranked as a great incense fragrance because, as already underlined by others, the longevity is too minimal amd the projection almost evanescent. It smells just like incense, a cloudy and soft incense just surrounded by a note of labdanum, in order to colour the incense with a touch of spiciness, smokiness and woodsiness, and by a backbone of patchouli in order to impress structure to the smell otherwise too evanescent and vague. This in nothing than a well rounded incense turned out as a fragrance by a concrete patchouli and aromatized by labdanum and a whiff of secret balsams. An interesting cheeper solution for the lovers of sheer incenses.

22 October, 2011

MissMagic's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Please,be smart&buy "Incense" by Matthew Williamson instead - for a near fraction of the Comme des Garcons "Series 3 Incense: Kyoto". Matthew Williamsons smells niche & exklusive. Compare these two & save your money!!! Differences between the two? YES = The only difference is that this "Incense" by Matthew Williamson smells much more refined, niche, and expensive! PS: Luca Turin, perfume-guru of "The Guide" likes this too!!

24 October, 2010

Doctor Mod's avatar

I have one very happy memory of the Roman Catholic church of my childhood, namely the odor of incense during the most solemn liturgies. Matthew Williamson's Incense captures that smell quite accurately, while the labdanum note adds just enough floral contrast to evoke the sense of a holy day. Paradoxically, the experience of the fragrance on one's skin is sensual enough to combine the sacred and the profane for a ephemeral moment. That, however, is the problem with Incense--it's very ephemeral. Within five minutes of application, the fragrance began to fade on my skin. I applied more--and then some more. Within fifteen minutes, I had poured the entire 1.5ml decant on me without much improvement.

A beautiful fragrance, but its sillage and duration are beyond minimal.

Notes: labdanum, patchouli and incense.

31st May, 2010

quoth's avatar

Sweden Sweden

memories seems to have the same fascination for Bois D'Encens as I have. It has almost become like a signature scent for me this winter but I'm still looking for something that can help me save some money since it's expensive. M.W. Incense does not have the same fresh and sharp pine opening. It is a tad sweeter and lighter but the incense is there and it's a warm and safe incense which I like. M.W. Incense is quite linear so don't expect much development there but it has a pretty decent longevity for such a cheap fragrance, especially if you give your shirt a spray also. I'm extremely happy to have found this since I paid 10 for it and 10 times that for the Bois D'Encens. The only problem now is that it will be hard to justify another incense fragrance since it will most likely cost atleast 5 times as much.

26 January, 2010

Gaz00's avatar

Nice scent, unusual. Being a EDT it does not last long at all, half an hour and then the scent is gone, i wouldn't buy again, nice concept though.

08 January, 2010

memories's avatar

I was surprised how close I found this to Armani Privee "Bois D'Encens".It's much lighter but cheaper so you can spritz with it all day . It has the ancient church smell that I love. I must look up the ingredients because I find paying Armani's price for a lot of cedar rather upsetting. I had expected it to be loaded with incense.

21st March, 2009