L'Homme Eau d'Été (2007)

HouseYves Saint Laurent
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About L'Homme Eau d'Été

L'Homme Eau d'Été is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2007

L'Homme Eau d'Été fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Homme Eau d'Été

Hello and welcome to another review. Today Im going to be reviewing a flanker of one of my favourite brands Yves Saint Laurent and the fragrance is L’Homme Eau d’Ete for men. This is a flanker of YSL L’Homme and it was launched in the year 2007.
I think the word that pops up in my head every time I wear this fragrance is upscale. Just like most of YSL’s perfumes this one too is very chic and elegant. The notes are ginger, bergamot, white pepper, violet and basil. Although I wear it with casuals but I think its more suited to formal wear. Its definitely a summer perfume as it performs better in the heat than in the winters.
Rating:
Fragrance : The fragrance is sophisticated but nothing unique. Starts off as fresh spicy for the first 30 minutes and culminates into citrusy powdery as the day progresses. I would give it a 6/10
Sillage : The sillage for this one is pretty ordinary and is slightly better in the summers than winters. Wear this one and you won’t really leave a noticeable trail. 5/10
Projection: The projection is quite weak as compared to La’Nuit de’lhomme and the original La’Homme. Its about 2 to 3 ft depending on the weather. 5.6/10
Performance: After using L’Homme and La Nuit de’Ihomme my expectations from d’Ete were sky high but I was very disappointed with its performance. Thought I did receive compliments from women but only in the high heat. I have worn it in winters but it was hardly noticeable and it turned into more of a skin perfume after an hour. Im going to give a 5.9/10 only because its a compliment getter.
L’Homme Eau d’Ete does not offer anything unique. Not my personal favourite but women do seem to like it on me.

21st December, 2016
bFlay Show all reviews
Very light and sprightly (not an adjective I'd use often)! Pops with pure citrus and mild spice...like a refreshing iced tea. Perfect for summer when heat and humidity make other fragrances too heavy and cloying. Not much progression of notes and longevity is only about 5-6 hours on skin, but a great men's fragrance that makes its presence known without being offensive.
11th May, 2015
I find this pleasant and useful during *very* hot weather. Interesting and complex.
Complete oposite of YSL's opium.
06th September, 2010 (last edited: 06th October, 2010)
its a bit powdery and sickly sweet almost smells like lady perfume
18th January, 2010
Not really a fan of the original, however, this smells exactly like hairspray. Perhaps its the ozone, but it felt as thought I was standing in my mother's bathroom!
19th July, 2007
This is a good summer scent. It is not the longest lasting cologne, but that was expected, paying only 41.00 for 100ml. It has a powdery base which long outlasts the citrus that it opens with. Lasts about four hours on my skin, which I am happy with, given the fact that it is l'eau d'ete.
19th June, 2007

Add your review of L'Homme Eau d'Été

Shop for L'Homme Eau d'Été products online

Search Amazon for L'Homme Eau d'Été

Member images of L'Homme Eau d'Été

There are no member images of L'Homme Eau d'Été yet. Why not be the first?