Reflection Man (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseAmouage
PerfumerLucas Sieuzac

About Reflection Man

Reflection Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lucas Sieuzac

Reflection Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Reflection Man

I simply do not get how any reviewer can pan this one for smelling synthetic. Nor can I understand comparing it to an inexpensive synthetic fragrance.
I am very sensitive to overly sweet and synthetic feeling scents. For example, although I love the Bond No. 9 bottle designs, I could never own one due to the lack of natural notes.
Reflection is particularly well blended and one of my 3 favorites by Amouage. In general I prefer their smokier more middle eastern scents like Interlude and Jubilation. But Reflection is just so pleasant especially after about an hour or so, that it won me over on first wearing in spite of its somewhat sweet opening.
For those that judge a fragrance on how many compliments it garners, this one is stellar in that regard too.
08th January, 2016
Super clean and uplifting fragrance from Amouage. Lighter and quite different than any of the other incense and oud fragrances I have tried to date from this house. Reflection has a strong jasmine and neroli notes in the top that are carried by a sweet floral and woods base. Like the other Amouage offerings, there's more notes in the background that subtlety shape the main theme. It's all extremely well blended and balanced masterfully into a scent with considerable character.

The dry down leans slightly toward the luxury soap side, with the rosemary and sandalwood, however the accord is so incredibly pleasant at the later stages, that I was truly reluctant to shower it off. Average sillage, but fantastic longevity. Would be a great white shirt and tie fragrance, suitable for the office and into the evening. My wife really likes it too. Thumbs Up.
23rd November, 2015
Reflection Man is a spicy/woody floral that is perfect for any occasion. At first spray I get jasmine and neroli, which I love. After a while I get wood (sandalwood) and spice (rosemary and pimento) together with the florals. Honestly, I smell NO similarity to Le Male, at all. Reflection is beautiful and very well made.

21st July, 2015
Not a bad entry in the incense-dominant Amouage men's line, but Reflection, to me, is nothing terribly special. I get mainly citrus top and heart notes in partnership with the usual incense and patchouli base notes. It's more orange-dominant in the opening and then relaxes into a balance between the orange, neroli, patchouli, and incense. There's also something slightly sweet to it, which I would guess is the cedarwood, but it's not so individually detectable to me.

It leans slightly to cold weather use but the citrus/incense pairing works for 12 months, at least to me. Longevity and projection are both decent, but Lyric Man, which I tried recently, is a preferable year-round Amouage fragrance. And while I'm still intrigued by the line, I remain generally hard-pressed to justify the price. Seemingly only a hard-hitting, long-lasting purely cold weather fragrance would justify the Amouage cost. Nonetheless, Reflection might end up smelling good enough on another man's skin to work as a versatile, even signature scent, so if the note list strikes a chord, go for it.

5 out of 10
13th April, 2015
This is my favourite offering i've tried from from Amouage's mens line, It has a very clean and sweet opening. The dry down kept reminding me of Joop! Homme which was a favourite of mine in my late teens, probably why I like it so much. The only problem is it reminded me so much of Joop I don't know if I could see myself shelling out that much for a bottle. Good work Amouage for the blend but I can't see myself considering this for the cabinet until Joop runs out.
16th March, 2015
This one can come of femme, or as in pretty girl or so I was told. I guess I can see their point but by no means is this a girl fragrance because of the quality. Neroli and jasmine is the main notes kicking and sometimes I get this orange candy smell like the tootsie roll orange flavor chews. Some say it's very simular to Le Male and I can see that but it's not synthetic and is rather smooth. I will agree it's for both men and women but it smells really good and if like your jasmine and neroli.
27th June, 2014

Add your review of Reflection Man

Shop for Reflection Man products online

Shop for Reflection Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Reflection Man

Member images of Reflection Man

There are no member images of Reflection Man yet. Why not be the first?