Reflection Man (2007)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 249 ratings

Reflection Man Fragrance Notes

Reflection Man information

Reflection Man is a men's fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2007 and the bottle was designed by Asprey

Shop for Reflection Man products online

100ml EdP
    100ml Cologne

Reviews of Reflection Man

Showing 1 to 6 of 50 reviews.

landshark321's avatar

Not a bad entry in the incense-dominant Amouage men's line, but Reflection, to me, is nothing terribly special. I get mainly citrus top and heart notes in partnership with the usual incense and patchouli base notes. It's more orange-dominant in the opening and then relaxes into a balance between the orange, neroli, patchouli, and incense. There's also something slightly sweet to it, which I would guess is the cedarwood, but it's not so individually detectable to me.

It leans slightly to cold weather use but the citrus/incense pairing works for 12 months, at least to me. Longevity and projection are both decent, but Lyric Man, which I tried recently, is a preferable year-round Amouage fragrance. And while I'm still intrigued by the line, I remain generally hard-pressed to justify the price. Seemingly only a hard-hitting, long-lasting purely cold weather fragrance would justify the Amouage cost. Nonetheless, Reflection might end up smelling good enough on another man's skin to work as a versatile, even signature scent, so if the note list strikes a chord, go for it.

5 out of 10

13th April, 2015

Niffty's avatar

This is my favourite offering i've tried from from Amouage's mens line, It has a very clean and sweet opening. The dry down kept reminding me of Joop! Homme which was a favourite of mine in my late teens, probably why I like it so much. The only problem is it reminded me so much of Joop I don't know if I could see myself shelling out that much for a bottle. Good work Amouage for the blend but I can't see myself considering this for the cabinet until Joop runs out.

16th March, 2015

Dmotron's avatar

This one can come of femme, or as in pretty girl or so I was told. I guess I can see their point but by no means is this a girl fragrance because of the quality. Neroli and jasmine is the main notes kicking and sometimes I get this orange candy smell like the tootsie roll orange flavor chews. Some say it's very simular to Le Male and I can see that but it's not synthetic and is rather smooth. I will agree it's for both men and women but it smells really good and if like your jasmine and neroli.

27th June, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

My experience with Amouage having swung wildly between the obscene Gold and the sublime Dia, I wasnít sure I needed to try more from this house. But then there I was one day, in a Viennese perfume shop that had Amouage, Montale, and Clive Christian to sample, and I figured Iíd give Reflection a go. My wife was with me at the time, and I had her smell it on me before I did. Her response was a wide-eyed ďOoh, thatís nice!Ē and I knew I was in trouble.

Reflection is nice, and it tells me that Dia is no mere anomaly in the Amouage menís line. Yes, their prices are ridiculous, and their marketing is moronic, but the guys in Dubai do have at least some good scents. (Pardon the pun Ė I couldnít resist!)

Reflection goes on with a bit of sweet fruit, spiked liberally with pink pepper. The pepper mellows slightly, but persists as crisp counterpoint to the soft florals at Reflectionís heart. There is a powdery iris root in the mix as well, and this helps to integrate the pink pepper with the vetiver that forms the scentís foundation.

Like Dia, Reflection succeeds as a menís fragrance with a floral heart, but itís a simpler and more transparent composition. Where Dia uses incense, leather, and amber, the cooler Reflection relies on Mediterranean elements like orange leaves and rosemary to temper its floral elements. This fragrance lacks the outrageous projection and sillage of Gold, and doesnít last as long as Dia, drying down after about five or six hours to a slightly sweet, powdery wood and vetiver base. Reflection is well worth trying, especially for men who fear florals. Itís bright, but not a lightweight, and makes a distinctive alternative to the commonplace citrus scents for spring and summer.

25th June, 2014

Jridgen's avatar

I applaud Amouage for straying from their usual frankincense and myrrh formula. That being said this one just misses the mark.

I will say with Reflection that the notes come across musty and have a sickly, balmy and powdery sweetness throughout. The combination of jasmine and spices in this fragrance make it come across to me like a try-too -hard, fill the room glade air freshener.

Keep in mind this is all coming from someone who used to own a bottle and did a 180 to NOT liking the fragrance. This is the first time in my fragrance journey this has happened, so take that for what it is worth.

02nd June, 2014

Francop's avatar

Spain Spain

First Impression is Top Ingredients!

Lots of jasmine, neroli and woody notes from beginning to end.

Absolutely Love it and recommend it.

Excellent Longevity and sillage.

27th December, 2013

• Time Left: 6 days
    Creed Tom Ford Amouage Tauer Clive Christian
    • Time Left: 19 days

Member images of Reflection Man

There are no member images of Reflection Man yet. Why not be the first?