Reflection Man (2007)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 219 ratings

Reflection Man Fragrance Notes

Reflection Man information

Reflection Man is a men's fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2007 and the bottle was designed by Asprey

Shop for Reflection Man products online

50ml EdP
    100ml EdP
    $225.83*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 135.00)

Reviews of Reflection Man

Showing 1 to 6 of 48 reviews.

Dmotron's avatar

This one can come of femme, or as in pretty girl or so I was told. I guess I can see their point but by no means is this a girl fragrance because of the quality. Neroli and jasmine is the main notes kicking and sometimes I get this orange candy smell like the tootsie roll orange flavor chews. Some say it's very simular to Le Male and I can see that but it's not synthetic and is rather smooth. I will agree it's for both men and women but it smells really good and if like your jasmine and neroli.

27 June, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

My experience with Amouage having swung wildly between the obscene Gold and the sublime Dia, I wasnít sure I needed to try more from this house. But then there I was one day, in a Viennese perfume shop that had Amouage, Montale, and Clive Christian to sample, and I figured Iíd give Reflection a go. My wife was with me at the time, and I had her smell it on me before I did. Her response was a wide-eyed ďOoh, thatís nice!Ē and I knew I was in trouble.

Reflection is nice, and it tells me that Dia is no mere anomaly in the Amouage menís line. Yes, their prices are ridiculous, and their marketing is moronic, but the guys in Dubai do have at least some good scents. (Pardon the pun Ė I couldnít resist!)

Reflection goes on with a bit of sweet fruit, spiked liberally with pink pepper. The pepper mellows slightly, but persists as crisp counterpoint to the soft florals at Reflectionís heart. There is a powdery iris root in the mix as well, and this helps to integrate the pink pepper with the vetiver that forms the scentís foundation.

Like Dia, Reflection succeeds as a menís fragrance with a floral heart, but itís a simpler and more transparent composition. Where Dia uses incense, leather, and amber, the cooler Reflection relies on Mediterranean elements like orange leaves and rosemary to temper its floral elements. This fragrance lacks the outrageous projection and sillage of Gold, and doesnít last as long as Dia, drying down after about five or six hours to a slightly sweet, powdery wood and vetiver base. Reflection is well worth trying, especially for men who fear florals. Itís bright, but not a lightweight, and makes a distinctive alternative to the commonplace citrus scents for spring and summer.

25 June, 2014

Jridgen's avatar

I applaud Amouage for straying from their usual frankincense and myrrh formula. That being said this one just misses the mark.

I will say with Reflection that the notes come across musty and have a sickly, balmy and powdery sweetness throughout. The combination of jasmine and spices in this fragrance make it come across to me like a try-too -hard, fill the room glade air freshener.

Keep in mind this is all coming from someone who used to own a bottle and did a 180 to NOT liking the fragrance. This is the first time in my fragrance journey this has happened, so take that for what it is worth.

02 June, 2014

Francop's avatar

Spain Spain

First Impression is Top Ingredients!

Lots of jasmine, neroli and woody notes from beginning to end.

Absolutely Love it and recommend it.

Excellent Longevity and sillage.

27 December, 2013

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

People keep comparing this to "JPG Le Male" so I was curious to see how this one smell like.
    I'm not a fan of Le Male and actually I hate it so lets see if I hate this one too!
    At the opening I can smell a sweet jasmine mixed with some neroli.
    The neroli note give the scent a semi fresh and almost citrusy aroma and based on the nature of this note, it does have a sharp floral and light soapy aroma as well.
    So the opening is a sweet, semi fresh floral scent with a bright soapy aroma.
    It does have the feeling of "JPG Le male" in general but they don't smell exactly the same.
    Le Male is a synthetic vanilla mixed with glass-cleaner aroma of lavender and it's terrible in my opinion, but this one has much better quality and it doesn't have that cleaner aroma like Le Male.
    As time goes by the fresh feeling of the scent fades away and I can smell more sweet jasmine with some woods from sandalwood and also some earthiness from vetiver but both are in the background and you need to search for them.
    In the base I can smell a sweet vanilla mixed with a little bit of vetiver and very weak floral notes.
    That's it.
    As I said the feeling of the scent is something like "JPG Le Male" but if you smell it carefully, you can detect more differences than similarities.
    I don't hate this, but I don't like it either!
    Both projection and longevity is awesome and it seems women like it so much!

23 December, 2013 (Last Edited: 28 June, 2014)

reveillee's avatar

Powdery Floral with Pepper

Not your typical Amouage.

Read all the bad comments about this fragrance before trying. Once I tried it, I agreed with most who gave it a poor review. Seemed overly synthetic, possibly too strong, and couldn't help but think this was made for a teenager. An Amouage frag friend kept telling me to keep trying it and that it was his favorite. I took his advice and after wearing it a few more times I did a complete 180 on the scent. It performs much better on my shirt than on my skin. Stays a little more fresh which helps with warmer weather.

Not one of my favorite Amouages but worthy of a nice size decant.

Try this one at least 5 times before discarding.

I now call it my "gulity pleasure" fragrance. We all have at least one. :)

Pros: Longevity, good all seasons
    Cons: Love/Hate type frag, may come off as overly synthetic

27 June, 2013

Add your review of Reflection Man

Search for on eBay United States

AMOUAGE REFLECTION : 2ML SPRAYS, (also Have XXV , Fate , Interlude ,Journey) MEN
    • Time Left: 28 days
    HIGHEST BID
    AMOUAGE REFLECTION MAN AMOUAGE for Men EDT Spray 50 ML / 1.7 OZ. NIB
    • Time Left: 8 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    AMOUAGE REFLECTION cologne by Amouage MEN'S EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ (UNBOXED)
    • Time Left: 12 days