Reflection Man (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseAmouage
PerfumerLucas Sieuzac

About Reflection Man

Reflection Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lucas Sieuzac

Reflection Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Reflection Man

This opens clean, fresh, luminous.
Everything used here fom the top down is clean, crystalline and yes, reflection is the right name for this.
There is a fresh, high pitch, breath-mint note that carries this scent from start to finish and the partivular rose note here lends an underlying sweetness in conjunction with the other white florals. A creamy sandalwood (again clean), reveals itself in the drydown and finally some minty patchouli and cedar.
My main issue with this fragrance is that i find it quite linear and something that i might find boring to wear given that it also has very good performance.
As an older guy in his 40s the other thing is that this feels 'young' on me.
8 hours longevity, good projection.
A like for me.
10th October, 2017
It smells bitter in the opening, which could be the bitter orange leaves. The woody base doesn't smell very well done. It gets more powdery over time. I threw away the second half of the sample.
30th September, 2017
Elegant, sophisticated & beautiful. Does lean slightly feminine so won't be for everyone. Rather mainstream for Amouage but ever so nice. Lots of Jasmine, floral and powder type notes. Regardless of the fact that these notes go against my usual tastes I can't help but love it. Beauty in a bottle!

UPDATE
I actually backed out of buying a full bottle of this. My opinion hasn't changed. My thoughts are that I really love this fragrance and want to keep it special. It does also lean very feminine. On that basis I can't justify buying a full bottle as I wouldn't wear it very often. I will just keep a decant handy for as and when I need it and then replace when running low.

UPDATE
Bought a full bottle. Couldn't resist having something this good in my wardrobe.

23rd September, 2017 (last edited: 07th October, 2017)
have tried this twice now. both times the scent was gorgeous but became a skin scent in 10 mins on both (clean) wrists despite 2 sprays on each! sadly I had to leave it and I purchased Journey instead which is a phenomenal scent with ample staying power.

note, I did not check the country of origin on this but the Journey says Made in Oman. the tester did not have a cap so I couldnt tell whether it was the magnetic version or not but it has to be the later as the Journey is a magnetic cap.
25th August, 2017
A nice floral musky fragrance for a formal occasion IMO. It is high quality and it is long lasting and projects well for up to 4 hours with my experience. For the price I would give it one less star. So 4 out of 5. It's just missing that little something to push it into 5 star range. Overall a winner but try before you buy. Enjoy!
18th August, 2017
I wanted to love this, but now I smell like my grandma, and I cant scrub it off!
28th July, 2017