Reflection Man (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseAmouage
PerfumerLucas Sieuzac

About Reflection Man

Reflection Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lucas Sieuzac

Reflection Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Reflection Man

have tried this twice now. both times the scent was gorgeous but became a skin scent in 10 mins on both (clean) wrists despite 2 sprays on each! sadly I had to leave it and I purchased Journey instead which is a phenomenal scent with ample staying power.

note, I did not check the country of origin on this but the Journey says Made in Oman. the tester did not have a cap so I couldnt tell whether it was the magnetic version or not but it has to be the later as the Journey is a magnetic cap.
25th August, 2017
A nice floral musky fragrance for a formal occasion IMO. It is high quality and it is long lasting and projects well for up to 4 hours with my experience. For the price I would give it one less star. So 4 out of 5. It's just missing that little something to push it into 5 star range. Overall a winner but try before you buy. Enjoy!
18th August, 2017
I wanted to love this, but now I smell like my grandma, and I cant scrub it off!
28th July, 2017
There is something in this fragrance that reminds me of a mall designer cologne... something that would be worn to a club. Hence, I hate it.
30th June, 2017
Don't compare this with Gaultier's Le Male. You'd miss out on something good. This is a great spring fragrance. Imagine a warm day with a cool breeze blowing jasmine and you have Reflection Man. This could easily be unisex. Safe for work, but this is an attention getter. Just get it if you don't have it already. Niche quality all the way.
22nd March, 2017
One of the most expensive "musky/talky bath-foams" of the market. Not for me. An "highly placed" mix of "market cracks cliche'-formulas". Joop Homme+ Baldessarini Ambre + a whichever musky-herbal-talky "ubiquitous" bath foam + Paco Rabanne One Million + Gaultier Le Male + a bombastic luxurious packaging = Reflection Man. Just a far more expensive, yet slightly more herbal and structured mix of the former juices. Finally Reflection turns out pretty talky, floral-chic and warm. I've read somewhere there is no resemblance with Joop Homme but I detect many points in common with it especially about the first part of the run (angular- herbal/hesperidic- elements, candied heliotrope, spices, jasmine, patchouli, vetiver, ambroxan, tonka, sandalwood etc). Finally the olfactory routes diverge and Reflection Man becomes a musky-talky amalgam significantly distant from the Joop's powerhouse disclosure. A really powerful fragrance. Hints of peppery spices, woody saltiness, synth ambery piquancy, floral patterns and aromatic herbal greenness ransom an otherwise overly boring expensive talky-ambery blend. Save your money guys.

P.S: after many ours I detect several changes, the juice evolves, a "languid" anisic (a la Thierry Mugler's Angel) sort of unisex fruity/floral patchouli comes out and I finally see a pretty chic sort of Chanel Allure's aura (vaguely candied/honeyed/floral-chic/aromatic). I detect in this phase an alluring sambac jasmine supported by neroli, "anisic-starry-candied" sandalwood and patchouli.
19th March, 2017 (last edited: 20th March, 2017)

Add your review of Reflection Man