Nectarine Blossom & Honey (2005)
by Jo Malone

Nectarine Blossom & Honey information

Year of Launch2005

HouseJo Malone
PerfumerJo Malone
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Nectarine Blossom & Honey

Nectarine Blossom & Honey is a feminine perfume by Jo Malone. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jo Malone

Nectarine Blossom & Honey fragrance notes

Reviews of Nectarine Blossom & Honey

I love many of the Jo Malone fragrances (Orange Blossom is my absolute favorite, followed by English Pear & Freesia, and Peony & Blush Suede...and many others), but this Nectarine fragrance just doesn't work for me. When I smelled it for the first time in the sample bottle, it was very potent with the nectarine smell and I thought I would like it since I tend to love citrus-based scents. When I sprayed it on myself, though, I gradually noticed a rather acrid, rusty note that others here have mentioned. I associate that sort of smell with very cheap fruity scents, so that's definitely not a good thing for a perfume at this price. Even for scents that I don't love, I can usually bear with the scent and try to experience how it changes on me during the day, but this was rather headache-inducing and I decided to scrub it off and put something else on instead. Definitely a disappointment, but there are plenty of other Jo Malone scents worth having.
28th June, 2015
Genre: Fruity Floral

This is basically the same kind of Del Monte canned peaches note that you can get for $245 US from By Killian's Flower of Immortality, offered here for a mere $60 US retail. Or you can just go out and spend $1.99 on the canned peaches. (Actually, the Jo Malone smells better than the expensive ultra-niche stuff Ė though maybe not better than the Del Monte.)

Granted, itís a pleasant smell, but as a fragrance itís also bare and unfinished. Iíve said it before, and Iíll say it again: you want to know what peach can do in a full-fledged perfume? Go smell Mitsouko or Chinatown, and leave this stuff for the canned foods aisle.
24th July, 2014 (last edited: 29th July, 2014)
Pretty Good Peach

I received one of Neiman Marcus' scent catalogs and out of sheer boredom opened the little ( and I find *stingy* ) towelette thingies they insert into those catalogs. One of the first was Nectarine Blossom and Honey .
It's beautiful ! Remember I tried it out of sheer boredom and not expecting anything much at all ( not a fan of Jo Malone's watery liquids .... )
The peachy nectarine note is sublimey delicious and then in comes a gorgeous * clean* honey note. This scent is nearly photo realistic when it comes to the first whiff of stone fruit. The lasting power is pretty good. The swipes of that scented towelette thingie lasted on my skin for several hours and the towelette smelt wonderful for days.
I would buy this if you love peach /nectarine notes. It is one of the best uncomplicated happy stone fruit scents out there.
Yes it reminds me a little of the Fuzzy Peach by The Body Shop but as that is not made any longer.... this is it. Lovely.

I cannot stand Jo Malone bottles- they are very boring . Either too big or too little ( 30 mls.... ) All the same , utilitarian...scent presentation should be * alittle * glamorous * don't you think , Estee Lauder Group ???!
I once read somewhere how Jo Malone was the Martha Stewart of the fragrance world - - it stuck in my head because it rings fairly true to me .

Pros: Beautiful Scent
Cons: Fugly boring bottle"

15th August, 2013
It takes the confident hand of an assured and practiced artist to know when something has just enough - There's a level of ornamentation required for artistry, but nothing extraneous, while there are also no awkward empty spaces or minimalist silliness. With the possible exception of some of Giocabetti's work for L'Artisan, I don't think any house is better at pulling this off than Jo Malone. Of course, in an art form where complex chypres and baroque aldehydic florals are widely considered the ideal, many serious collectors are quick to write off simple but perfectly realized sketches like Nectarine Blossom & Honey, but I enjoy them.

So what does it smell like? Well, the "nectarine" is really that common peach note made famous by Calyx, but it's surrounded by leafy greens and is then quickly swallowed up in a nice white flowers accord. The "honey" smell isn't the rich gourmand honey of Lutens or Back To Black, but more the subtle way that some florals (like acacia) imply a honey smell. There's also a subtle but perfectly blended cassis note that mixes with the leaves and the rose from the white flower mix to create that dewy limpid green pool illusion made famous by L'Ombre Dans L'Eau. Later, as the flowers settle down, some vetiver comes in, mixing with the lingering cassis to give a dark but wet backbone (like a lily pond at night in the middle of a dark forest) to everything. All in all, it's perfumey and flowery, but with subtle darkness underneath. Honestly, the longevity is fairly poor - it tells its story over the course of a few hours - but I still find it compelling.
14th December, 2012
Simple and pure citrus blossom with a nice honey component. A pleasant combination but a bit basic, albeit well made. Probably best for layering. Little silage and projection and only lasting for an hour on my skin.
28th September, 2012
At first blush, this smells just like peach.
On my skin, it goes from acrid orange to rank sweat in a heartbeat. No nuances, just gave me the urge to scrub.
My friend adored it ó for about 3 days, and then experienced buyer's remorse at having spent so much on a pricey fragrance that really should be layered with another. Brilliant marketing on Jo Malone's part, but I'd rather spend my money on a well-crafted ensemble.
23rd June, 2012

Add your review of Nectarine Blossom & Honey

Shop for Nectarine Blossom & Honey products online

Shop for Nectarine Blossom & Honey at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Nectarine Blossom & Honey

Member images of Nectarine Blossom & Honey

There are no member images of Nectarine Blossom & Honey yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Nectarine Blossom & Honey