Café Vert (1998)

Café Vert information

Year of Launch1998

HouseIl Profumo

About Café Vert

Café Vert is a masculine fragrance by Il Profumo. The scent was launched in 1998

Café Vert fragrance notes

Reviews of Café Vert

I may be a coffee fiend, but I admit I do not know what the unroasted, green coffee bean smells like. So IF that is what Il Profumo was going for, I cannot tell you if the likeness is any good. If however they were aiming for the coffee we all know and love - then they failed. Pleasant as Café Vert is, coffee it ain't. What it IS is a green floral with what I swear is green tea. Smells astringent, clean. Like any given green tea body mist or shower gel, only in EdP formulation. I am unimpressed.
04th September, 2009

Café Vert is a light, soft, laid-back fragrance that has reduced sillage and projection. I get the “green coffee” note, and, while it is a unique and pleasant note, it falls a little short of being more impressive than most green notes… it is “green-coffee” which might as well be defined as a soft green note married to a soft coffee note. The green coffee is noticeable in the opening and then more or less quickly gives way to a citrus / floral heart of grapefruit and jasmine. I also can identify a geranium note but not a rose note in the middle. This heart citrus / floral is as pleasant an accord as the opening. It is clean and embracing as it quietly performs its well-balanced and refined duties. Where the fragrance lets me down is with the white musk with a sweet citrus drydown – it is entirely unexciting and a bit less masculine than I like in the base. In all this is a pleasant fragrance, but its inspiration seems to have been a little forced and its carry-through is lacking. The fragrance as a whole has below average sillage (which is not a problem if that is what you want) and barely adequate longevity, but its clarity and its pure notes could make it an excellent fragrance for someone seeking a pleasingly gentle, effortless fragrance with a tiny bit of pleasant uniqueness. I’m voting a neutral but it could very well be a thumbs up for the right person.

18th April, 2009
On my skin, this turned into sweet, inoffensive pink grapefruit-jasmine.
21st April, 2007

Add your review of Café Vert

Shop for Café Vert products online

Shop for Café Vert at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Café Vert

Member images of Café Vert

There are no member images of Café Vert yet. Why not be the first?