Patchouly Noir (2006)

• Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Shop for Patchouly Noir products online

Reviews of Patchouly Noir

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 8 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

sherapop's avatar
    sherapop

Il Profumo PATCHOULI NOIR is my first experience with this house, and I have to say that I am impressed. This composition is truly beautiful and remarkably well-balanced, avoiding all of the excesses that so often mar patchouli perfumes. Yes, the patchouli is detectable from start to finish. No, it is not overwhelming. Yes, the noir element is important. No, it does not drown out the patchouli.

There is a touch but only a touch of dirtiness here, and the golden, only slightly sweet drydown is simply a dream come true. I would describe the overall effect as similar to a smooth layer of very lightly sweetened caramel. It's as though the texture of caramel were captured but with only a fraction of the sugar.

I've had the pleasure of wearing PATCHOULI NOIR twice now, and I can honestly say that I love it!

02 October, 2011

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

One of the best elements of my heavy arsenal. I use to layer it with Habit Rouge in order to create the most sumptuous, baroque and regal fragrance ever coiceived, suitable for cerimonies at Royal Palace. This is sumptuous, exotic and mysteriously decadent as a nobiliary palace, gosthly and labyrinthian. It's a patchouli dominant fragrance whose all the other notes, hints of vanilla, cedar, mint, a touch of tobacco and poppy, circulate around the earthy note of patchouli, in order to get it smoother, softer, a bit airy and more gentle. It's pretty obscure and so bold and charismatic because of the accord between balsamic elements and patchouli, but it's also luscious and chic because of the velvety and aristocratic sweetness of vanilla, supported by a glamour and oriental hint of poppy. The general balance is sheer. A neutral cedarwood is starring on the side of patchouli, the note of vanilla is well calibrated, the aromatic mint imprints since the beginning an almost mentholated trail while a voluptuous floral note and a delicious amber/tobacco stress the nocturnal decadence of the juice. Layered with an hint of Black Tourmaline Durbano it becomes something spiritual and transcendent. PN is a superb creation that manages to lord over all the other scents of the Royal House's ceremony.

23 December, 2010 (Last Edited: 05 April, 2013)

Postumo's avatar
    Postumo
    Spain Spain

Great Patchouli. It's not a sillage monster but it lasts fairly. The smell is fantastic. I've never been a fan of patchouli, but this one is so good that has changed my mind.

Thumbs up. Too bad it's a bit expensive and hard to find in my country :(. If I can, i'll take it to my wardrobe soon

07 September, 2010

's avatar

This is the Patchouli I had been looking for for ages - it manages to triumph over all other patchouli fragarnces because of its earthy, woody feel. An autumnal and very authentic perfume, constructed like a walk in a deep Indian forest. Its sillage is unique, magic and unforgettable. Long-lasting and very rich!

09 February, 2010

BayKAT's avatar
    BayKAT

If you stumbled upon this review because you are interested in sampling Il Profvmo, you're probably scratching your head right now. Patchouli as the top note? Florals as the base?

Here are the notes from Lucky Scent:
    Mint, cedarwood, patchouli, poppy, vanilla

But yes, from the alpha to the omega sniff, it's savory, resinous, don't-hate-me-because-I'm-beautiful Patchouli.

I like the mint burst in the opening, it's refreshing and unexpected.

The middle act is very 'Western' to me. Think moccasins lined with sheep's wool; campfires crackling with cedar logs; and incense sticks smouldering on a rock.

And then...no you aren't hallucinating ...the delicate smell of poppies and the luscious, seductive scent of vanilla.

I'm in love.

08 February, 2010

joelarner's avatar
    joelarner

I have to agree with Foetidus on this one. There are quite a few threads on Patchouli fragrances and yet very few mention this. This opens with an extremely earthy note which is very reminiscent of pure patchouli oil. As it mellows, the vanilla kicks in to produce a rounded and satisfying experience without having to resort to the chocolate/ cocoa notes seen in other patchouli fragrances. Longevity is very good and the sillage is adequate enough to be noticed by those close to you. All in all a very well-crafted fragrance and one worthy of sampling by all those patchouli lovers out there!

21st October, 2009