Tamboti Wood
    by Susanne Lang

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 18 ratings

Tamboti Wood information

Tamboti Wood is a women's fragrance by Susanne Lang.

Reviews of Tamboti Wood

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

onaluna's avatar

Great blend of dry and warm, cozy woods

Airy cedar and the smell of a sandalwood trinket over a warm, mellow wood base. Cozy.

Gets very light a couple of hours in. Blends beautifully with my Aveda Australian Sandalwood.

Pros: Good for layering, smells natural yet smooth
    Cons: Doesn't last long, might be too linear for some

17 June, 2013

easycesco's avatar

Tamboti Wood is a soft wood fragrance, it reminds me the sweet aromatic base of CdG kyoto but without the incense note. Not bad but not complete and overall inoffensive.
    2,5/5

03 March, 2011 (Last Edited: 29 March, 2011)

holyzoo's avatar

Tamboti Wood is at the top of my wood scent challenge. I love it's authenticity and ability to serve as a base for layering on, or on its own. On it's own, its an outdoorsy fresh deep wood scent that tends to mix mysteriously with everything around me in captivating ways. If you sniff up close, it's nearly a reality scent, also fully welcome as a room scent. It can be cooling or warming, and very importantly, it does not get harsh as wood heavy scents have been wearing on me. Its longevity is decent - I can still smell its subdued influence 8 hours later.

I compared Tamboti Woods to a LOT of other wood types. Jack Black Signature Black Mark is quite macho, cologne like, and stark in comparison. Coze PG02 by Parfumerie Generale is harsher with it's sativa and lack of refinement in the woods layer, but it has the warmth of vanilla that Tamboti lacks. The dry down of Epic Man by Amouage also gets into the very woody realm that rests more along the lines of Tamboti Woods, disappointingly since it opens with such majesty. Comme des Garcons 2 Man totally lacks the instant gratification that Tamboti Woods has. Whereas 2 Man initially blasts out a chemical onslaught, Tamboti brings it's best right away from the open and runs linear out to the dry down. I must say that 2 Man ends up "finer" in the woods by dry down and is more alpine, wood shavings and atmospheric than Tamboti, but after a few trials, I just don't have the patience with 2 Man's opening.

Ultimately, Tamboti is now a staple wood scent in my wardrobe and I use it alone or to layer with an uncountable number of scents that gets a nice woody grounding or sprucing up. It is among the most unisex fragrances we own.

05 March, 2010

Quarry's avatar

I sniffed a bunch of things at Anthropologie and decided to wear a spritz of Susanne Lang Tamboti Wood. Reaaallly different from everything else I've smelled: Tamboti (an sacred African tree), cedar, sandalwood, vetiver. The top notes reveal an unusual chemical. I feel like it could be the Tamboti tree's natural defense against insects. The bulk of the performance is dry-dry-dry woods, somewhat like a black tea. Wholly unisex. Not FBW but def a thumb up.

07 November, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar

A pleasing "white" soft wood with a touch of sweetness to it due to a rich vetiver and I think patchouli base. Very nice and airy. Fairly expensive but a good smell none the less.

17 January, 2009

Kaern's avatar

Smelt lovely on the tester (soft rich wood) but not so when applied to my skin. It had a sort of greasy sheen and longevity/sillage was poor. Don't see it as feminine at all. It reminded me of Encre Noir by Lalique, which is preferable imo and much better value for money.

Kaern