Domenico Caraceni 1913
    by Domenico Caraceni

Average Rating: 4

Based on 120 ratings

Domenico Caraceni 1913 information

Domenico Caraceni 1913 is a men's fragrance by Domenico Caraceni.

Reviews of Domenico Caraceni 1913

Showing 1 to 6 of 30 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

There is a brief, pungent blast of sour citrus when I put on Domenico Caraceni, followed by a unique and mysterious blend of sweet rose, honey, and dark fruit. These elements blend into a rich accord that is at once familiar and elusive. It evokes some dim olfactory memory that slinks about the fringes of my memory without ever fully revealing itself. I don’t know if I’ll ever fully recognize it, but it keeps teasing and tugging at my nose.

The fruit begins to smell of plum to me, an as it merges with the rose I am reminded of the lush, sweet scent of passion fruit. Sweet spices, including perhaps cardamom and cinnamon, waft in as the scent develops, and I begin to perceive hints of creamy sandalwood, and perhaps even rosewood peeking up from the depths. Very warm musks make themselves evident as well, but the accord that results is so well blended that it soon becomes impossible to distinguish its components.

Domenico Caraceni’s deep, yet elusive heart beats on in a consistent rhythm for a matter of hours before the balance begins to alter. The sweet spices and honey notes fall away, leaving a clearer and cooler rose exposed over very delicately balanced woods and a guardedly animalic musk. The very gradual drydown descends through layers of smooth wood, warm musk and a few powdery notes before the whole scent fades away entirely. Sillage and projection are moderate, and longevity is better than most. This scent will surely be compared to Czech and Speake’s No. 88, which to me seems a darker, drier, and “craggier” scent than Domenico Caraceni. I also think that No. 88 is more hard edged and potent. Both scents strike me as extremely dignified and sophisticated, but the sweet, plumy note and the very warm musk in Domenico Cararceni leave me thinking of it as the gentler and more comforting of the two. If you’re looking for a masculine rose scent and find the Montale Aouds too harsh or assertive, you should try this excellent scent.

12th June, 2014

Tony T's avatar

Not all about roses

I get more frank and tobacco than rose..

Definitely a quality scent.. Not for everyday use..

It reminds me of Courvoisier and Pure Malt..

That same boozy bourbon masculine accord..

Rose lingers throughout the longevity of the scent but it's more than a rose scent..

Longevity and Projection is 6-7 hours on me

Pros: A lot of character
    Cons: Can't pronounce the name"

15th October, 2013

JackTwist's avatar

I get a mere whiff of rose at on my skin. On me it opens with a plastic citrus, giving way to a bay rum clove, and then this faintest of white rose scents.

I too got my sample from LuckyScent. I was following up on a rose chypre scent they also offer, Montale's Black Aoud, which is identical to Lalique's classic Perles.

There the scent of rose is strong, dark and dominant. With 1913 I get plastic notes, then a light musky rose, fading quickly.

Not one of the great rose scents.

12th November, 2012

Dernier_Cri's avatar

I can't say that DC 1913 is not interesting. It is. A slightly soapy spicy (3X clove) candied rose. As it dries down it smells increasingly refined. I could see coming out of a fancy barbershop of some unspecified time and place and smelling like this. Funerals, you say? If I did smell this at funeral I'd never forget it.....or the deceased. This is the kind of thing I like to wear not because I'm so enamored of it but rather to see the reactions of other people to it. Yes, for me it's a little weird but in a fun kind of way.

04th December, 2011

alfarom's avatar

Nothing bad to say about 1913 but nothing perticularly exciting either. It's a good rose centered scent where the main note is orchestrated to smell very aromatic. The frankincese add some depth and perfectly balance the soapy vibe given by the rose-tobacco combo. Well crafted, elegant and versatile but not exactly what I'm into.

Overall, if you like rose, this is a good fragrance and could make a valid alternative to heavier perfumes in the same vein.

29th July, 2011 (Last Edited: 05th August, 2011)

jtd's avatar

Dull in a loud, dapper, masculine sort of way. Nicely put-together, though, and dries down to a soapiness more comfortable than its blustery start.

Essentially, Fleur du Male for fancy straight guys.

30th May, 2011 (Last Edited: 02nd June, 2011)

Add your review of Domenico Caraceni 1913

Search for on eBay United States

Domenico Caraceni 1913 -- 100 ml -- RARE and DISCONTINUED - 3.4 oz - rose
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 27 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)