Domenico Caraceni 1913
    by Domenico Caraceni

Reviews of Domenico Caraceni 1913

Showing 1 to 6 of 29 reviews.

Tony T's avatar
    Tony T

Not all about roses

I get more frank and tobacco than rose..

Definitely a quality scent.. Not for everyday use..

It reminds me of Courvoisier and Pure Malt..

That same boozy bourbon masculine accord..

Rose lingers throughout the longevity of the scent but it's more than a rose scent..

Longevity and Projection is 6-7 hours on me

Pros: A lot of character
    Cons: Can't pronounce the name"

15 October, 2013

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

I get a mere whiff of rose at on my skin. On me it opens with a plastic citrus, giving way to a bay rum clove, and then this faintest of white rose scents.

I too got my sample from LuckyScent. I was following up on a rose chypre scent they also offer, Montale's Black Aoud, which is identical to Lalique's classic Perles.

There the scent of rose is strong, dark and dominant. With 1913 I get plastic notes, then a light musky rose, fading quickly.

Not one of the great rose scents.

12 November, 2012

Dernier_Cri's avatar
    Dernier_Cri

I can't say that DC 1913 is not interesting. It is. A slightly soapy spicy (3X clove) candied rose. As it dries down it smells increasingly refined. I could see coming out of a fancy barbershop of some unspecified time and place and smelling like this. Funerals, you say? If I did smell this at funeral I'd never forget it.....or the deceased. This is the kind of thing I like to wear not because I'm so enamored of it but rather to see the reactions of other people to it. Yes, for me it's a little weird but in a fun kind of way.

04 December, 2011

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

Nothing bad to say about 1913 but nothing perticularly exciting either. It's a good rose centered scent where the main note is orchestrated to smell very aromatic. The frankincese add some depth and perfectly balance the soapy vibe given by the rose-tobacco combo. Well crafted, elegant and versatile but not exactly what I'm into.

Overall, if you like rose, this is a good fragrance and could make a valid alternative to heavier perfumes in the same vein.

29 July, 2011 (Last Edited: 05 August, 2011)

jtd's avatar
    jtd

Dull in a loud, dapper, masculine sort of way. Nicely put-together, though, and dries down to a soapiness more comfortable than its blustery start.

Essentially, Fleur du Male for fancy straight guys.

30th May, 2011 (Last Edited: 02 June, 2011)

oshunshawo's avatar
    oshunshawo

I also obtained a sample of this from lucky scent based on all the rave reviews. I found this to be well formulated, but definitely not the type of rose scentI was looking for. Reminds me a bit of Indian Nag Champa incense.

16 April, 2011