Midnight Pomegranate

Midnight Pomegranate information

HouseBath and Body Works
Parent CompanyLimited Brands > Intimate Brands

About Midnight Pomegranate

Midnight Pomegranate is a shared / unisex perfume by Bath and Body Works.

Midnight Pomegranate fragrance notes

Reviews of Midnight Pomegranate

Top Notes: Nutmeg, Pomegranate, Cinnamon, Anise, Citruses, Blackberry.

Heart Notes: Iris, Blueberry, Cassia, Raspberry, Jasmine.

Base Notes: Sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk, Vanilla, Tobacco.

This review is for the body spray NOT layered with the matching shower gel and body cream. I found it to be a surprisingly light and fleeting fragrance given the notes.

I picked up a bottle at the B&BW semi annual sale today. I have wanted to try this one for some time now, but somehow I never ordered it. It is another one of B&BW on-line only fragrances. Upon initial application, I definitely smelt the red pomegranate and blackberry, and I think I detected a little bit of citrus, but I am not sure I detected either cinnamon or nutmeg. I also detected the distinct smell of anise. The top notes were bright and cheerful albeit quite fleeting.

As with all B&BW fragrances, MP dried down pretty quickly. I perceived the blueberry and raspberry heart notes, but I detected neither iris nor jasmine. I cannot comment upon the cassia as I do know how it smells. The base notes came through within thirty minutes, but I only detected hints of minty patchouli, musk, and vanilla and more of what I believe is tobacco leaf. By the dry down, MP became much more of a skin scent than most of my other B&BW fragrances, which surprised me, as I expected this to be rather dark with moderate projection and sillage, and fairly good longevity. However, none of these were very good. It faded away within two at hours at best, and it did not seem to cling to my clothing the way Dark Kiss does for example. Could it be that the bottle I purchased is either old or damaged from exposure to light?? Possibly....

I am truly torn about this fragrance. I do not dislike it, but I do not like it as much as the other B&BW fragrances in my collection. Some reviewers have said it reminded them of pomegranate scented candles. I certainly can see how they could conclude this. MP is not an evening fragrance or a date fragrance or a special fragrance. It is just a pleasant, fruity fragrance that could easily be perceived as a home fragrance scent, e.g. in a candle or in potpourri.

If you are looking for a dark berry fragrance, albeit an incensey one, I would definitely recommend Dark Kiss over MP. Dark Kiss is deeper, richer, and it has superior projection, sillage, and longevity. I am not 100% certain at this moment, but I think MP is going back to B&BW, and I am sorry about it, too. I wanted to like this one as much as I like Dark Kiss. I think I would have liked this one much more if I had been able to perceive a strong nutmeg note along with more sandalwood and vanilla. Then, again, perhaps I just purchased a bottle that was either old or exposed to light and thus had lost its "oomph!" I would be willing to try another bottle at some point to see whether or not my opinion might change.

Fragrance: 4.5/10

Projection: 3/10

Sillage: 3/10

Longevity: 2/10
18th June, 2016
Midnight Pomegranate is indeed evocative of Christmas or Thanksgiving holidays. It starts off super spicy, and dies down into a more fruity concoction. Notes like nutmeg and tobacco give it a darkness, and a rich complexity. It's sparkling and juicy. A great offering from B&BW!
13th June, 2016
One of my favorite scents from B&BW. I think this was one of the first scents that I chose myself and got from the store! I used to wear this all the time as a young teenager.

I get compliments pretty much every time I use this scent. But most girls around me know it immediately since they used to love it too!

It's a pretty simple scent. It's kind of a tangy, fruity smell with a hint of floral and sweetness. The tangyness goes away after a while.

Idk, maybe it is because I used it in middle school, but the scent seems a bit too juvenile for my age so I don't think I will get it again.

16th March, 2014
Discovering this fragrance was a Proust moment for me. I smelled it at line dance class, a fragrance, or even a note, that I have remembered and pursued ever since my early childhood, and that was many many decades ago!! When I heard the word, pomegranate, I was pleasantly surprised, as that has always been a favorite in scented candles. So, now I am wearing it (the lotion), and am very pleased with it. As I read the Fragrance Notes, I have to say, it is the Base Notes in this fragrance that really come through to me as recognizable. And I think it is the tobacco/sandalwood combo that gives
the signature to this scent. I'm not exactly sure what "tobacco" as a basenote smells like, and to be honest, it doesn't seem appealing, and yet, I think it is the smokiness that I have been pursuing all along. I detect a bit of "60's" feel to it, and that surely must be the patchouli along with the exotic sandalwood. I'd have to call this a unisex fragrance. I like it very much. I am slow to make something a new favorite, but this is definitely working on me!
17th September, 2012
My honest thoughts at first spray were very positive at the dark, lush fruitiness of the concoction. Unfortunately, as it dries down and the musky vanillic sweetness comes through, it begins to remind me more of Ny-Quil cough syrup. It becomes thick, cloying, medicinal. Like a bad piece of candy. It gets a neutral for me, though, because 2/3rds of the fragrance pyramid are enjoyable.
25th December, 2009
This was my daily scent before I got hooked on Sensual Amber, and I have to admit that as a result of using this scent, I'm still very fond of pomegranate scents. However, this scent doesn't dry the best and can smell too sticky sweet or too chemically at different points following its application. A great scent, but could use some improvement.
05th November, 2009

Add your review of Midnight Pomegranate

Shop for Midnight Pomegranate products online

Search Amazon for Midnight Pomegranate

Member images of Midnight Pomegranate

There are no member images of Midnight Pomegranate yet. Why not be the first?