Black Raspberry and Vanilla

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 18 ratings

Black Raspberry and Vanilla Fragrance Notes

Black Raspberry and Vanilla information

Black Raspberry and Vanilla is a women's fragrance by Bath and Body Works.

Reviews of Black Raspberry and Vanilla

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.

Kaelee's avatar

I have this in the body splash version (I tried to get in in the EDT version but alas, they discontinued it, in my area at least, because it wasn't a top seller.) I like the body splash so much that I have TWO FULL BOTTLES of it sitting in my closet, on 'stand by'. I have worn this for years and it's kind of my "signature scent".

I love this scent. I'm not particularly good at profiling scents, but the raspberry in it isn't what I would call particularly sweet. It's more bright and fruity, almost crisp and juicy. At first spray it has a strong alcoholic tinge (to be expected I suppose) and immediately turns to raspberry and some sort of citrus. After a while it's more "raspberry" and less "citrus".

It's a good every day scent but seems kind of "young" to me. This is really very casual and not something I'd wear on a night out or to an important event at this point, but I will definitely continue to wear it on a regular basis- I just love it. On me it comes off almost 100% fruit- there's something else in there, but it still says "fruit" through and through.

Again though, I have the body spray version, the EDT might be different (I wasn't lucky enough to get my hands on it though so I don't know.) I wouldn't say that the body spray lasts particularly long. I have gotten compliments when I wear it though.

28th October, 2012

animal lover's avatar

The scent lives up to its name and is to die for. However, like all BBW fragrances - whether they be body splashes, EDT or EDP - are incredibly weak. I literally sprayed 1/2 of my 2.5 oz. EDT bottle on myself at one time and neither my husband nor I could smell it on me unless we plastered our noses to my arm. I'm rating it neutral only because the scent is so darn good ... like sweet raspberry jam. Otherwise, I'd give it a thumbs down for its weakness.

08th August, 2010

Britannia's avatar

Incredibly sweet and rather sugary... It lacks a woodsy scent to anchor it, when I wear it. The scent itself is pleasant enough on the shelf, but I can't see it translating into something worth investing in as a regular fixture in a fragrance wardrobe. I've had teenage boys compliment it, saying I smelled very good, but personally I found it to be too juvenile to be worn anytime other than on a girl's night in.

24th September, 2009

cjkamm's avatar

A creamy black raspberry. Has a woodsy warm sweet scent as well. Over the weekend I had the opportunity to sample Trish ~Sexy No. 9. I would say these two scents are very similar, though Trish will cost you a bit more.

15th July, 2009 (Last Edited: 03rd August, 2009)

castorpollux's avatar

I can tell you right away: this scent doesnít change all that much from top to bottom, the most heavy notes here are, basically the blackcurrant, the blackberry and the sugared vanilla. Thatís most of it.
    The rest is just too faint and too overpowered by the notes I just mentioned.
    The juice is not really fresh and is very reminiscent of the end of summer-very early fall.
    I liked it a lot because of its simplicity and because I love blackberries in general and this one is straight up blackberry. Almost like a diluted jam, it doesnít have the prepotence some niches have, it doesnít have the ambivalence some others have.
    The other notes that are on the background are the sandalwood and the orris but they certainly donít play a key role here, they play more of a balancing act between the whole composition and I like it that way.
    Itís simple, itís sweet and itís just a bit dark Ėand not too ďprettyĒ- , the right amount not to be called a pink fruity floral, and that takes it just a little bit ahead of that category.

09th April, 2007