Ambargris
by Madini

Ambargris information

HouseMadini

About Ambargris

Ambargris is a shared / unisex perfume by Madini.

Reviews of Ambargris

I can only see wearing this at home. This is definitely a fragrance that will never go mainstream even if Madini did. I also don't see someone under 30 really pulling this off or women under 30 really liking this. This is a fragrance for collectors, not mainstream America. I decided to give this a try because i really love ambergris. However after trying this I detect little to no ambergris. This is a totally misleading fragrance. It should be renamed SMOKE!

To be frank the opening really stinks. Call it medicinal if you want but it stinks. I get the smoky, resinous, incense smell with little to no sweetness. I am not a big fan of incense but it is not the incense that is off-putting to me, it is the smoke. This reminds me of how I smell after I am using a charcoal grill and the smoke is surrounding me. This could have been great if there was more sweetness (maybe vanilla or caramel) and the smoke was toned down, but as is it is too dry and smoky. The Smoke smell just dominates everything. I get the whole dancing around a fire analogy that everyone makes but I just don't want to smell like smoke. This is one of those fragrances that is interesting to smell, but not to wear. Some scents are only good as supporting characters and should never take a leading role and smoke is one of them.
14th January, 2012
Madini oils tend to be very changeable and you might love it one day then hate it next. This one starts out with a strong medicinal note but then gets sweeter and mysterious later on. It reminds of of sweet smokey embers... imagine your a gypsy in Romania or something and you are dancing around a fire with sweet smokey embers burning... the more traditional types might find it weird, as does my boyfriend but I like it a lot, do I love it? not sure .....does it compare to Coco Chanel for example ? not exactly, it does however last longer- but a masterpiece not exactly.
27th November, 2011 (last edited: 21st December, 2011)
JonB Show all reviews
I can't add too much; it's exactly how it's been described in the other reviews: Sweet, smoky amber with a touch of dried fruit. Very, very nice, and a bargain to boot.
25th September, 2009
Smoky, carnal, captivating and compelling. It speaks to a primitive part of the brain, in a very persuasive language.
20th February, 2009
To smell Madini's Ambergris is to never want to be without it. A resinous, dark, rich scent that is sensuous in ways that other scents can't touch.
09th February, 2009
This one has me captivated as well. Begins with a brief, medicinal funk, then gently expands and sweetens to a smoky, resinous personal fire that warms me whenever I lift my wrist to my nose. I won't be without it, especially on these chilly dark days.
08th December, 2008 (last edited: 10th December, 2008)

Add your review of Ambargris

Shop for Ambargris products online

Search Amazon for Ambargris

Member images of Ambargris

There are no member images of Ambargris yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads