Ambre
    by Madini

Average Rating: 4.5

Based on 12 ratings

Ambre information

Ambre is a unisex fragrance by Madini.

Reviews of Ambre

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

Beautiful: An unembelished, straightforward, warm amber that shows that amber CAN stand on its own. This one seems undistilled, unpurified, unpasturized, unprocessed: The “rawness” and “impurities” provide such depth and breadth to the natural amber ambiance, that I can easily see it as a whole fragrance. I see this as a winter fragrance that is more casual that my favorite formal amber – Ambre Precieux. Madini’s Ambre is sweet but not cloying. It’s exotic and natural at the same time, and I find it a comfortable wear.

28 August, 2008

abubakr_al-misky's avatar

One gets the sense when smelling this attar that some fossilized sap was literally melted and put into a bottle. A little hard to wear on it's own, but wonderful when used in layering. I put a little on my neck and then spray on some L'instant, goes perfect. Very Unique.

28 April, 2008

simonrishel's avatar

Very unique. If you were to some how smear a rock of amber this is how it would smell. I find this amber to go very well when applying other aromatic amber fragrances. I usually spray on L'instant or PI and dab this Amber on my hands and neck, it gives a great layering effect.

19 April, 2008

purplebird7's avatar

Madini has access to some of the best amber available, sweet, vanillic, and woody. Here it is, unadorned, and simply named Ambre. If it weren't so woody, it would smell like cookies baking.
    Madini uses this base in many of its fragrances: Alma di Alma, Sahara, Olive Flowers. Try them all. One is bound to please you.

16 December, 2007