Musk Gazelle
    by Madini

Average Rating: 4

Based on 14 ratings

Musk Gazelle information

Musk Gazelle is a unisex fragrance by Madini.

Reviews of Musk Gazelle

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

pikachu2460's avatar

This is not musky or animalic at all.
    This is more like the scent you associate to the typical 'Arabic' perfume. Spicy, floral, woody.

Very good scent nonetheless, but should not be called musk.

25th July, 2011

The first time I tested this, only the resins – none of the sweet or softness – came through for me. I got “deep,” “resinous,” and “musky.” With subsequent testings, the resinousness has diminished a bit and some of the softness has come to the fore, but I still get very little “sweet.” The florals are serious – almost Gothic – to my nose and have difficulty escaping from my skin, but they do contribute smoothness to the resinous incense and the lusty musk. This is one serious collection of dark florals, resins, and musks, that ends up a rich and full musk: “Smooth” I would go along with, but I still wouldn’t call it “soft.” Musk Gazelle is genuinely unisex (at least on my skin) with strong sillage and great longevity. I love it.

21st August, 2009

Ostranha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

I was actually disappointed with this one. I like musk a lot and I was expecting something extra. To me, unfortunately it smells mostly of ylang-ylang and the Madini oil "Ambergris", even though something deeper musky-like is going on somewhere, but it is not enough... It is a nice sweet and soft oriental scent, but it didn´t suit me like I thought it was...

10th August, 2008

Anbreen's avatar

Youth Dew's subtler, more sophisticated, but slightly younger sister. Youth Dew has always held a bit of an "old lady" feel for me. That is not the case with Musk Gazelle.

03rd August, 2008

purplebird7's avatar

I used to be crazy about this. Now I pick up the dirty notes more strongly than before, and I find it's initial skankiness to be hard to wade through before the sweet and complex masala of notes and the musk base emerge. It's a heavy, dirty scent, with dominant notes of orange blossom, patchouli, and maybe some civit. Sometimes I think I detect a touch of cocoa. It's quite uncivilized and fascinating, but it's not for every occasion. Madinis are fun to wear, but they're not subtle.

15th November, 2007 (Last Edited: 04th July, 2011)

Add your review of Musk Gazelle