Olive Flowers
    by Madini

Average Rating:

Olive Flowers information

Olive Flowers is a unisex fragrance by Madini.

Reviews of Olive Flowers

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

ubuandibeme's avatar

What an interesting creature! First impression: This must be a cross between Tabac Blond and Shalimar.
    Well, if there's going to be any crossbreeding, those are two of the finest. Olive Flowers is an 'oriental perfume essence' that begins with a bit of an "off" note, for me at least. It comes across as cinnamon, but paired with oppoponox, very different. As it dries down, I'm enjoying it soooooo much better! It is deeply rich and leathery, like Ernest Daltroff's 1919 creation (Tabac Blond) yet it possess a smooth and ambery warmth akin to Jacques Guerlain's 1925 treasure (Shalimar). It's been so long since I've sniffed a "new" frag that has such substance, Olive Flowers is exciting, gutsy, dramatic & mysterious.

04th November, 2008

From the first whiff I get the resinous base. I find it disagreeable, just as I find Shalimar disagreeable, and I believe itís because of a leather note. Leather in a fragrance and I usually donít get along.

28th August, 2008

Anbreen's avatar

On me, this is either a slightly smokier Shalimar, or a sister of Vol de Nuit! Citrus top note, with a sexy amber-vanilla-incense drydown. Very sophisticated, tons of "presence." AND lasts a LOT longer, at least on me, than Shalimar. Like some other Madini fragrances, scent has a complexity that reminds me of the great perfumes of the 1930s.

03rd August, 2008

Tovah's avatar

This is a very rich and sensual amber-vanilla-incense perfume. At first it smells so much like Shalimar parfum, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between Olive Flowers and Shalimar on my skin. After it sinks into my skin, however, Olive Flowers develops in a very different way from Shalimar, and it eventually becomes enchanting, with no need of comparison. Olive Flowers starts out lemony and sweet, and hints at seduction. As it dries down the warm, slightly powdery amber notes get deeper, and enhance the haunting incense notes, adding drama and unabashed sexiness. The price is incredible. I'd expect to pay much, much more for such a beautiful, high quality perfume.

14th July, 2008

TaoLady's avatar

Olive Flowers - light frankincense with a hint of lemon. The amber note is not very pronounced on my bod and the vanilla-ed drydown is pleasantly sweet and powdery. Leaves a nice wake! I can see how it might be cousin to Shalimar!

16th April, 2007

purplebird7's avatar

This is one of my favorite fragrances in the Madini line. Olive Flowers features a gorgeous, vanillic amber, citrus, and resin (frankincense and opoponax) and is billed as "Mr. Madini's answer to Shalimar." My first impression is of dried fruits, such as candied citrus peel, dark spices, and the woody, leathery, vanilla and lemon powder of Shalimar, so warm, and mysterious. If you want to try an all-natural, reasonably priced pure parfum with a wonderful amber base, give it a try.

23rd March, 2007