Santal Blanc
by Madini

Santal Blanc information

HouseMadini

About Santal Blanc

Santal Blanc is a shared / unisex perfume by Madini.

Reviews of Santal Blanc

I like the simplicity of it – I’m not sure that I care for the aroma that the fragrance emits. I don’t mind the bare raw wood aspect of Santal Blanc, although it's not as compelling as I typically find sandalwood. But there’s a note in the background that doesn’t seem very attractive to me – that disagreeable note really smells more like paint thinner than like wood. I’ve never smelled sandalwood being cut with a saw, but this fragrance isn’t as pleasant as the fresh cut aromas other hardwoods like maple, oak, or ash. There is a much more resinous – burnt even – ambiance to this sandalwood. I couldn’t envision myself wearing this for pleasure… or for any other purpose for that matter. It eventually settles down to the drydown of raw wood that Taolady mentions. I have no objections to the drydown, but it is not very interesting to me and it's actually a bit boring.
28th August, 2008
You are probably too young to have experienced the sandalwood incense that pervaded the seventies - and it doesn't matter 'cause this isn't it!! That sandalwood had strong presence, this is - as Purplebird7 has said - light and dry. Like freshly sawed-hardwood but with no hint of pine or cedar. It's distinctive on me and very sportif!!
15th April, 2007
Santal Blanc was the most unexpected fragrance among a group of Madini samples that I tried. Billed as sandalwood "nothing more, nothing less" it is light, dry, pungent, non-sweet, and earthy. If this is what real sandalwood smells like, I have received an education. It is too plain for me to conceive of as a fragrance in and of itself, but it does have its own simple elegance.
23rd March, 2007

Add your review of Santal Blanc

Shop for Santal Blanc products online

Search Amazon for Santal Blanc

Member images of Santal Blanc

There are no member images of Santal Blanc yet. Why not be the first?