Santal Blanc
    by Madini

Average Rating:

Santal Blanc information

Santal Blanc is a unisex fragrance by Madini.

Reviews of Santal Blanc

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

I like the simplicity of it – I’m not sure that I care for the aroma that the fragrance emits. I don’t mind the bare raw wood aspect of Santal Blanc, although it's not as compelling as I typically find sandalwood. But there’s a note in the background that doesn’t seem very attractive to me – that disagreeable note really smells more like paint thinner than like wood. I’ve never smelled sandalwood being cut with a saw, but this fragrance isn’t as pleasant as the fresh cut aromas other hardwoods like maple, oak, or ash. There is a much more resinous – burnt even – ambiance to this sandalwood. I couldn’t envision myself wearing this for pleasure… or for any other purpose for that matter. It eventually settles down to the drydown of raw wood that Taolady mentions. I have no objections to the drydown, but it is not very interesting to me and it's actually a bit boring.

28 August, 2008

TaoLady's avatar

You are probably too young to have experienced the sandalwood incense that pervaded the seventies - and it doesn't matter 'cause this isn't it!! That sandalwood had strong presence, this is - as Purplebird7 has said - light and dry. Like freshly sawed-hardwood but with no hint of pine or cedar. It's distinctive on me and very sportif!!

15 April, 2007

purplebird7's avatar

Santal Blanc was the most unexpected fragrance among a group of Madini samples that I tried. Billed as sandalwood "nothing more, nothing less" it is light, dry, pungent, non-sweet, and earthy. If this is what real sandalwood smells like, I have received an education. It is too plain for me to conceive of as a fragrance in and of itself, but it does have its own simple elegance.

23 March, 2007