Vanille Noire du Mexique
by La Maison de la Vanille

Vanille Noire du Mexique information

HouseLa Maison de la Vanille

About Vanille Noire du Mexique

Vanille Noire du Mexique is a feminine perfume by La Maison de la Vanille.

Vanille Noire du Mexique fragrance notes

Reviews of Vanille Noire du Mexique

A shadowy floral vanille/myrrh combo.

The bergamot is prominent at the beginning (actually is protagonist for a long trait of the trip) and you can feel by soon on your skin a vaguely powdery white lemony feel with musky accents and a floral temperament. I detect by soon the opoponax more than the vanille while the floral effect keeps on to be undistinguished still for a while (although the powderiness reports us immediately to the note of iris). The powder begins progressively to increase its mist over the elements. In the middle of the trip a soapy rose/jasmine starts to envelop the senses in a balmy/vanillic dreamy "baume". You can still detect the powder from iris/myrrh and the citrusy whiff with a sort of vetiver nuance. Going ahead from this point, the powder starts to be slowly flanked by the cream, a shadowy feel starts to lower its blanket on the world and you feel yourself comforted by a silent embrace of balsams, patchouli, nocturnal flowers and cloudy iris. The lemon is still present with grassy accents and with a vague "eau de cologne" durable effect. Vanille Noir du Mexique is not properly a sophisticated stuff but is musky/soapy in a balmy way and smells heavenly about cleanliness, floral cuddles and whispers of love in the night.

Pros: Balmy and delicious.
Cons: Not luxurious or particularly textured."

19th September, 2013
As a vanilla lover, it was with anticipation that I awaited the delivery of my order of the five samples in this line. The descriptions were enticing and I couldn't see how any of the five could be anything but marvelous.

However, when I tested the samples, I found them nauseatingly sweet.

The problem for me is that all five fragrances are OVERWHELMINGLY vanilla, so much so that I most likely won't be able to use them . Still, they smell wonderful for a short time so I'll pass them along to someone more tolerant of excessive vanilla.

Update: perhaps I was overdosed on vanilla when I first tried this. In suslequent use I find this to be a great vanilla and, the sillage and longevity are unbelievable. if you like vanilla, you'll love this.
25th June, 2012 (last edited: 22nd August, 2012)
Despite the fact that both this fragrance and Vanille Givree des Antilles, by the same house smell very similar, this is another vanilla scent well done.

Vanille Noire du Mexique is a very rich and concentrated vanilla. The vanilla is complimented by a delicious, chocolatey rose, which reminds me slightly of a more tamed version of Angel Rose from the Garden of Stars collection by Thierry Mugler.

This fragrance has an interesting mix of both sweet notes and spices. The patchouli, opoponax and bergamot are important in the way they keep this fragrance from becoming too sweet or too generic.

For some reason, Vanille Noire du Mexique makes me think of Winter and mugs of white hot chocolate, my new favourite beverage. The way in which this fragrance sits on the skin is both velvety and luscious.

I'd sum up this fragrance as being a rich vanilla with a touch of mystery. The sillage is strong with this one, so I'd spray lightly. This fragrance is yet another thumbs up for La Maison de la Vanille.

04th September, 2011
Deliciously sweet, spicy, toffee-like vanilla, with cinnamon, tonka, a faint whiff of jasmine, & patchouli in the base. lt seems to get deeper, darker & richer as it dries down, & l'm hooked. This has similarities to Profumum's Vanitas, & is a quarter of the price! l'm thinking this is bottle-worthy...
03rd February, 2011
I like it at first application. Fresh sweet vanilla. Unfortunately after 5 minutes, it was rotting fruit sweet. That didn't last and I was left with a pleasant, soft sweet vanilla with just a tinge of tonka in the drydown. I never found the florals real apparent. I don't find much about this fragrance that's marketly better than other vanilla fragrances.
29th April, 2010
Begins with a bit of a tang which disappears quickly. Settles into a combination of soft, powdery and spicy vanilla. A crowd pleaser but not a room filler.
12th August, 2009

Add your review of Vanille Noire du Mexique

Shop for Vanille Noire du Mexique products online

Search Amazon for Vanille Noire du Mexique

Member images of Vanille Noire du Mexique

There are no member images of Vanille Noire du Mexique yet. Why not be the first?