Vanille Givree des Antilles

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 33 ratings

Vanille Givree des Antilles Fragrance Notes

Vanille Givree des Antilles information

Vanille Givree des Antilles is a women's fragrance by La Maison de la Vanille.

Reviews of Vanille Givree des Antilles

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Nosey49's avatar

As a vanilla lover, it was with anticipation that I awaited the delivery of my order of the five samples in this line. The descriptions were enticing and I couldn't see how any of the five could be anything but marvelous.

However, when I tested the samples, i found them nauseatingly sweet.

I agree that this one is an Angel clone.

The problem for me is that all five fragrances are OVERWHELMINGLY vanilla, so much so that I most likely won't be able to use them . Still, they smell wonderful for a short time so I'll pass them along to someone more tolerant of excessive vanilla.

Update: perhaps I was overdosed on vanilla when I first tried this. In susequent use I find this to be a great vanilla and, the sillage and longevity are unbelievable. if you like vanilla, you'll love this.

25 June, 2012 (Last Edited: 22 August, 2012)

blood-orange's avatar

Despite the fact that Vanille Givree de Antilles does smell a little similar to Angel, I wouldn't agree that people who bitterly dislike the latter will run screaming from this pretty little scent.

I'll start off by saying that Vanille Givree de Antilles, while indefinitely an Angel dupe when smelt from the bottle, is much softer and more vanillary on the skin.

It opens strongly, almost masculine, however once settled, this scent is warm and cuddly. Incredibly mysterious and sexy, this is vanilla minus the candy-like sweetness. The vanilla is sweet, but naturally so.

I can almost sense vanilla icecream here. The vanilla, tonka bean, tuberose and aromatic lavender make for a very delicious, almost foody scent.

The sillage of this fragrance is rather intimate, however it lasts really well. I have recently used up all of my Angel perfume, which I previously wore as my bed time scent. Vanille Givree de Antilles could be a good replacement, however it is much too good to be just worn to bed. I intend to wear this fragrance a lot.

27 August, 2011

Le Grand Duc's avatar

Denmark Denmark

Smells extremely like Thierry Mugler's Angel.

21st January, 2011

Nukapai's avatar

Sweet and perfume-y in a pleasant way, this vanilla has a definite floral-patchouli character. The drydown is remarkably similar to Pleasures Delights (and a number of other popular gourmands). Would make a nice comfort scent, or a lovely alternative to candy floss scents for someone new to perfume.

09 May, 2009

Add your review of Vanille Givree des Antilles

Search for on eBay United States

Vanille Givree des antilles La Maison de la Vanille eau de toilette 3.4 fl oz.
    • Time Left: 3 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    VANILLE GIVREE DES ANTILLES BY LA MAISON DE LA VANILLE UNISEX 3.4 OZ /100 ML NIB
    • Time Left: 24 days