Covet Sarah Jessica Parker (2007)
by Sarah Jessica Parker

PerfumerFrank Voelkl
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Covet Sarah Jessica Parker

Described by Ann Gottlieb as a "fougère on estrogen."

Covet Sarah Jessica Parker fragrance notes

Reviews of Covet Sarah Jessica Parker

Opens citrus and quite sharp. After 10 minutes it's very green, but rounder and with an accord of chocolate which smooths the edges - the choc isn't at all buttery or soft, more like a cocoa. The drydown is softer but still interesting - lavender and honeysuckle combine nicely with geranium leaf holding up the green theme for quite some time. By the time the vetiver and amber base makes itself known, it's very close to the skin.
On paper the notes sound like an unholy mess, but with the exception of the over-sharp and jumbled first 10 mins, it somehow manages to pull it off, not exactly with aplomb, but better than I expected.
Fine for daytimes in the early spring when you want to wear something inexpensive but still interesting - it's not zesty or sparkly enough to be a hot weather fragrance - very casual and relaxed, nothing formal or classic about it.
For me, it was a bargain blind buy after I was pleasantly surprised by SJP's Stash. I can't see it being a lifelong wardrobe essential, but it's a quirky little thing which I'm sure will get picked out from time to time.
Longevity (4-5 hours) and sillage both moderate on me.
07th March, 2017 (last edited: 16th March, 2017)
Yes, Covet dares to be different. This Sarah Jessica Parker's woody-floral fragrance is a ode to the note of geranium in my humble opinion. Covet smells by soon really hesperidic, slightly spicy, musky and herbal in a surprisingly realistic way. Bergamot and lavender in stout combination provide indeed a really compelling aroma vaguely fizzy, decidedly lemony, sour/aromatic and grassy. This accord is marvellously complemented by sharp lymphatic geranium leaves which smell really heady and grassy as supported by vegetal earthy honeysuckle. Finally a touch of ambery/vanillic soapiness starts rising up and the aroma seems slightly spicy, still lemony, vaguely orangy and strong over geranium leaves (actually lemon and geranium represent the aroma's backbone). Geranium and Honeysuckle provide anyway a sexy dose of green/earthy/floral subtleness more detectable at distance (the aroma indeed could result too much pungent inhaling it on skin by a short distance). The final amber touch is balanced, well connected to flowers (animalic warmth and floral tartness), warm and never polarizing (still lemon and geranium dominate the scene). I detect a touch of final powdery woodiness and vetiver for sure while honestly I'd not have been able to catch the note of dark chocolate which eventually I suppose reinforces the rooty dryness and the dark woody/ambery warmth mainteining a general level of sharp vegetal balance. Finally the sexy temperament of this juice abides in its attitude to exude a sort of "sweaty female skin like" warm sexy subtle (floral) vibe. A more than decent designer juice which manages to be sexy, refined and well performing without projecting in a too much synthetic way.
21st September, 2014 (last edited: 07th January, 2015)
There is a beautiful strong scented plant in my garden that I think is a type of honeysuckle, but smells a little like daphne, and it reminds me of covet. Covet dares to be different
05th August, 2012
Well, first off, this scent is excellent. I’m flabbergasted. I bought a sample on a lark, due to CB’s The Perfect Scent. I was expecting nothing.

Instead I am confronted with a fougere with intense depth. Scent opens citrusly, with a spearmint twist, yet in the background lurks a decided warmth due to a floral/spice accord. Am I also smelling a touch of orange? Happily, the floral accord stays in the distance, just enough to smell pretty as it waves at you from across the room.

As the scent develops, more warmth comes out. I do smell the chocolate, perhaps some pepper. Unlike some reviewers, I find the scent nicely cohesive. Green elements from the opening are still present in the drydown.

Dare I say this is an accesible intellectual fragrance? (and btw, this frag layers beautifully with Malle's L'eau d'Hiver...)
03rd November, 2011
It took me quite some time to appreciate SJP COVET, which to my nose is a "mystery, wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma" perfume. When I first purchased a bottle (scent unsniffed) a couple of years ago, I was very disappointed and confused. After a single wearing, I relegated the beautiful bottle filled with a strange peridot-colored liquid to the "Mistakes Were Made" shelf of my armoire.

Months later, when I decided to give this perfume a second chance, I was pleasantly surprised. There was something resiny and complex and enticing about this unorthodox composition. Greens and chocolate and honeysuckle and lavender and lemon and amber? What? Well, yes, somehow they work together very well in this perfume, which in addition to containing better-quality components than are typical for celebrity scents, is also unique. I know of no other perfume similar to SJP COVET.

Today, on a 91F afternoon with relatively low humidity, I am happy to be able to report that COVET is holding up extraordinarily well and may be even more appealing than I found it to be during the winter. But I should say that it changes radically with all sorts of environmental factors, and therefore defies objective description. Different notes become salient under different conditions. How to convey the beauty of COVET? I think that this is a clear case where words cannot do justice to the perfume. I find it quite compelling and yet too weird too describe. I might say that the chocolate is dominant, but then that sentence would be rendered false (and me, therefore, a liar!) a few seconds later. The notes of COVET wax and wane and undulate in a manner that could only be modeled using a very complex differential equation. Around every corner is a new twist throughout the course of COVET's reasonably lengthy life on my skin.

Like the perfume, the bottle, too, is unique; smooth and hefty with an odd shape I've not seen before. Even the color of the liquid--perodot--is rare in perfumery and unique in my collection. Happily the color has not degraded or faded since I acquired my bottle two years ago. But the best part of all is that the juice inside continues to smell really great.

It took some time, but I finally sniffed the splendor and saw the COVET light. COVET is a "challenging" perfume in the way that the films of Werner Herzog are sometimes said to be "challenging". However, COVET is not, for me, at all difficult to wear, now that I've cracked its hard outer shell.
17th July, 2011
There is a seaside candy shop two towns south of me where you can buy individual lavender chocolates for 25 cents each. I usually buy five dollars worth and hoard them for a few weeks. I spend up to half an hour nibbling each button- sized piece.

Covet is nothing like my precious floral confections. It starts out as a bag of smirking lemonheads but something in the mix of florals, musks and fruits in the heart and drydown just smells like an improvisational powdered drink cocktail - An unappetizing concoction where the last packet of lime kool-aid is stretched with the inclusion of 3 varieties of crusty two-year-old instant iced tea, a bit of chocolate powder (oops) and too much water.

A scrubber.
26th June, 2011

Add your review of Covet Sarah Jessica Parker

Shop for Covet Sarah Jessica Parker products online

Search Amazon for Covet Sarah Jessica Parker

Member images of Covet Sarah Jessica Parker

There are no member images of Covet Sarah Jessica Parker yet. Why not be the first?