Kelly Calèche (2007)

50ml EdT
    50ml EdT
    $100.28*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 59.95)

Reviews of Kelly Calèche

Showing 1 to 6 of 50 reviews.

Bal a Versailles's avatar
    Bal a Versailles

Horticulturally speaking geranium refers first to geranium macrorrhizum the plant from which oil of geranium was first produced. Perhaps it is this that stole my heart, I adore this humble and easily grown plant. I know nothing of owning Kelly handbags but I did enjoy the movie, 'Le Divorce'. I own the EDT and have ordered the EDP after using up my sample. Russell Page wrote a book entitled the Education of a Gardener.
    Jean Claude Ellena has written the Education of a Perfume Addict in the notes of Kelly Caleche. Be still my beating heart, I love this fragrance in spite of its inability to cope with heat. I don't think I will ever be without it. Domininque Francon would have worn this. She would have thrown the bottle down the airconditioning shaft to smash into a thousand little pieces because it was too beautiful for others to know. Sigh...and sigh again

19 March, 2013

iivanita's avatar
    iivanita
    Croatia Croatia

this was my first hermes scent, and think the best of hermes except classics.....it is very strange scent of smoky bitter orange and modern leather scent, that is more like rubber...no florals...nothing sweet
    its light, airy, technical....
    its beautiful in the summer!with very nice drydown...and is much better then EDP, which is not only stronger but completely different scent....suffocating wet rose bulb

18 February, 2013

Elzéard's avatar
    Elzéard

A clean, fresh, innocent floral. Pleasant enough, and I would assume very difficult to dislike. On the other hand however, my disposition has never extended beyond simply just liking it.

06 September, 2012

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

I wanted so to like this mix of Mimosa, Iris, Tuberose, Rose, Muguet, Geranium, Pepper, etc., but unfortunately my sample (worn on four occasions) does not do for me what it does for other reviewers.

I get only the green note, mixed with a peppery under scent. I get no florals and the leather for me is only wishful thinking - or perhaps I am not familiar with the bottom of a woman's leather handbag, for the melange of scented leather evoked for others.

In any case, I find it a very light green accord that lasts for a few hours - nice for summer wear, but in no way outstanding or unique.

18 July, 2012

angelica's avatar
    angelica

I have a memory of the original Caleche which neither current Caleche (too pale) nor vintage bottles (fusty and dated smelling) match. Right in the middle of Kelly Caleche EDP, just for a little while, whoosh... it's there. Magic!! Thank you Mr Ellena!

15 May, 2012

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Kelly Caleche is quite strange. To my nose, it's a harsh leather scent with pink floral undertones.

I find it quite consistent in being a blend of both softness and sharpness. I applaud Jean-Claude Ellena for being so daring in his approach, however this blend leaves me a little dumbfounded.

I find myself being rather drawn to it, yet its occasional hints of masculine soapiness turns me off it slightly. Especially towards the drydown however, the soapiness vanishes and is replaced with a delicate and feminine powderiness.

Hermes creations often have a very distinguishable vegetal quality in their fragrances. I initially thought that this quality was absent in Kelly Caleche, yet I must admit I was wrong and that the vegetal smell comes across rather strongly with the leather in the opening. I can't say I'm a fan of this smell.

While the leather in Kelly Caleche is mild when compared to the likes of Gres Cabochard and Robert Piguet's Bandit, it is certainly present and quite loud alongside the florals. The longevity is wonderful I must say, and this is for the EDT version.

Overall, I recommend Kelly Caleche based on its uniqueness, however for those that like leather scents to be highlighted by woods rather than flowers, I'd probably skip this.

20th April, 2012