Cigar Commander

Cigar Commander information

HouseRémy Latour
Parent CompanyParour

About Cigar Commander

Cigar Commander is a masculine fragrance by Rémy Latour.

Cigar Commander fragrance notes

Reviews of Cigar Commander

Gee, Burberry really ripped off Rémy Latour with Burberry London, didn't they? Cigar Commander is even closer to Burberry London than the original Cigar, but without the Christmasy spices and a richer, more dominant tobacco.

Cigar Commander has the best tobacco note of the Rémy Latour fragrances I've tried; it's dark, deep, earthy, rich, and a touch damp. It's bolstered by a shadowy fruity-woodiness that seems to be the signature element of the Rémy Latour Cigar line.
21st May, 2020
It's not that great. It's like almost a mix of Burberry London and original Cigar, and as good as that may sound, the problem is the dry down here. It comes off too powdery, too "sloppy", I'm not sure what is causing the clash in notes. Sometimes tobacco can smell powdery, and almost like soiled diapers, skanky and funky. That's what I get here.

Although the intent was good, the execution was bad. I liked it at first, but after wearing it more often I began to notice more wrong than right. Therefor I cannot recommend this to anyone.

I can however recommend Burberry London and original Cigar, both 5 star fragrances!

Update.. now looking at the notes I see what it is, it's 100% the note of jasmine that doesn't belong in here. That is my subjective opinion though. I think if the jasmine were toned down it may have worked out. Jasmine in big doses comes off overly powdery. I do not like powdery smelling fragrances in most cases, and certainly not in a tobacco fragrance. (Tobacco Vanille is an exception to that because imo the tobacco outweighs the powdery component, keeping it in alpha male masculine territory.)

I give this a very reluctant 3 stars out of 5, while almost a 2 star fragrance. The problem with this brand is everything other than the original Cigar has been non bottle worthy imho. Capitalizing on their market, Cigar is a pretty big hit, I have smelled it in public before, I know its eye catching appeal and low price tag probably helps move it in discounters like TJ Maxx, and Marshall's. Plus in these stores I frequent, I always see the original Cigar inventory here one week then gone the next, so people have to be buying it. Though as I said, and again, just my personal opinion. I wouldn't waste my money, even if it's only 10 bucks, on any of the flankers to this brand, I have tried about 4 of them, and they have all been pretty bad.
04th January, 2019
shamu1 Show all reviews
I've taken Cigar Commander out for a spin a few times since my prior review, and it's a lot better than I previously realized. Therefore I'm writing a new review here.

Some tobacco fragrances smell spicy, some smell warm and comfy, and some smell dark brown and mysterious. Cigar Commander smells spicy green. I still smell similarities to Burberry London, but this is a lot less sweet than that. It smells like what I imagine a tobacco plant would smell like when it's still green, right after it's been picked and before it's been aged. Loads of patchouli and cedar give Cigar Commander its aromatic spiciness and humidor-like smell. If you've smelled the original Cigar, think of this as a green and slightly less spicy version of that.

Though not quite a powerhouse, Cigar Commander is a fragrance for men who want to smell like men, not like pool water or a bowl of cookies. What do you expect from a fragrance called "Cigar Commander"? Sillage and longevity are good, and for the price, this is very good value. Spray this on liberally to savor all of its facets, and for full macho effect.

MY RATING: 8.5/10
15th July, 2010 (last edited: 13th January, 2011)

Add your review of Cigar Commander

Shop for Cigar Commander products online

Shop for Cigar Commander at online perfumeries

CIGAR COMMANDER 3.3 OZ EDT SPRAY FOR MEN BY DE REMY LATOUR & NEW IN A BOX

End Date: Friday May-29-2020 9:33:11 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $51.90
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Cigar Commander

There are no member images of Cigar Commander yet. Why not be the first?