Gendarme Sky (2007)
    by Gendarme

Gendarme Sky Fragrance Notes

Shop for Gendarme Sky products online

Reviews of Gendarme Sky

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.

vitaman's avatar
    vitaman

Tempted to give this a Thumbs Down but it's not really terrible. Matter of fact if you like Green Irish Spring soap you will definitely like this. It's synthetic but in a pleasant soapy way. Probably overpriced. Try before buying.

17 March, 2011

Redbeard's avatar
    Redbeard

This is rather different from the rest of the line...a citrusy, even slightly aquatic scent. Its name and light blue color make me think of Trumper's Skye, though the Gendarme is more fruity and less floral. At first I couldn't identify the citrus, but then I realized that, as in Adidas Moves, I'm really smelling green apple masquerading as citrus, and I'm perfectly happy with that. It's as if someone mixed some original Gendarme with some typical men's body wash. The downfall, as usual with this type, is in the base. Like CKOne, Curve, Moves or Eternity, the cool fruit gives way to an assy, fake-leather-smelling base. It's not as bad in Sky as in those others, but it's still pretty synthetic, and gets weaker and more sour over time. I honestly don't think I'd spend the money on this, knowing how good some of the other Gendarmes are.

13 June, 2010

foetidus

Strong… too strong and not very original. Gendarme Sky opens very perfumy-citrusy; it smells to me like an inexpensive should-have-been-forgotton fragrance from the past. The floral element of the middle (magnolia? Can’t really tell… too perfumy.) is also quite strong and a lot more discretion would be advised. The dry down is woody and mossy and perfumy. It’s nice if you want to be Mr. Cologne guy, but I’ll pass.

01st February, 2010

adowds's avatar
    adowds
    Ireland Ireland

Unique it isn't, Agrumi Amaria di Sicilia, Cologne Grand Siecle, Element of Surprise the list goes on. Just another lemony soap fragrance that whilst not unpleasant bores me to tears.

13 September, 2009

AnimaSola's avatar
    AnimaSola

I always used to stop and take a whiff of Sky when it was available at Macy's. I haven't purchased it yet, and it's getting harder to find. It is a unique fragrance; pure, fresh, honest, and ever so clean. I would wear this as a personal treat to myself. I can imagine free-spirited and self-effacing people wearing this; it smells casual and unisex. Smelling this fragrance on someone would get my smile of approval. Lovely and refreshing, this limpid tonic deserves a classier bottle.

26 October, 2008 (Last Edited: 21st March, 2010)

kafka_franz30's avatar
    kafka_franz30
    Argentina Argentina

Too strong for me unlike other Gendarme scents I have. Gives me a headache but I am very sensitive to perfumes in general. Also smells too much like soap to me.

31st August, 2008