L'Instant Magic (2007)

PerfumerRanda Hammami
PerfumerSylvaine Delacourte
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About L'Instant Magic

L'Instant Magic is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Sylvaine Delacourte and Randa Hammami

L'Instant Magic fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Instant Magic

"A Baby Powder Bomb With a Bit of (White?) Musk"

Category: Floral Woody Musk

Top Notes: Anise, Bergamot, Lemon.

Heart Notes: Mimosa, Carnation, Violet, Freesia, Rose.

Base Notes: Iris, Sandalwood, Almond, Vanilla, Cedar, Musk.

Projection: Decent

Sillage: Decent

Longevity: Good

The house of Guerlain is unquestionably my favourite house, and I own many, many of its fragrances including the original L'Instant which I quite like and would not hesitate to recommend, so with high expectations I recently added L'Instant Magic, EdP to my collection. I have worn it a few times now, and whilst it is not a "bad" fragrance at all (Jessica Simpson Fancy is MUCH worse), it is not even remotely as nice as I thought it would be, and perhaps this is because the legendary J-P Guerlain did not create this fragrance for the house. Who knows? On the whole, it is a rather synthetic and somewhat linear baby powder with a bit of white musk.

L'instant Magic has a very strong powdery note all the way into the deep dry down. It is not a "make-up" type of powder but a baby powder kind of powder, and it truly dominates this fragrance. Whilst there is nothing wrong with the scent of baby powder, I do not find it very sophisticated, and if I wanted to smell like baby powder, I certainly could do so for a lot less money.

I am truly sorry to say that this fragrance is definitely NOT the usual Guerlain quality, and it is definitely NOT worth the price, and unless you really love the smell of baby powder, you probably will not be too impressed with this fragrance. Instead, and unless you already own them, I recommend you purchase Shalimar, L'Heure Bleue, Samsara, or even the original L'Instant for half the price of Magic and get truly beautiful, sophisticated, and romantic fragrances in the bargain.

It pains me greatly to say it, for after all this is a Guerlain, but I have smelt Bath and Body Works fragrances that are more sophisticated and more compelling than is Magic, e.g. Black Amethyst. Before you commit to spending this much money for Magic, please try to sample it first. You will be glad you did so. I wish I had done so.
05th November, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
On my skin this is a bergamot-almond scent straight from the beginning, with the focus being on the almond. A pleasant almond, unidimensional and straight without any facets or change over time.

In the drydown a white musky impression is added, which blends in quite nicely with the rest but stays in the background.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and an excellent eleven hours of longevity on my skin.

This is quite a pleasant scent for warmer autumn days, whose strong point consists of the very good performance. Its drawback is the somewhat synthetic nature of the notes, as well as the fact that apart form the almond the rest is ultra-generic. 2.75/5
19th February, 2016
Banal and useless

Pale powdery unoriginal mediocrity at its best.

Pros: Any
Cons: Boring synthetic fruity/floral almondy powder."

18th August, 2013
l'Instant Magic has a pleasant and somewhat generic cosmetic smell. It doesn't really smell like a perfume, but like a luxurious body cream. This makes it intimate and suggestive of bare skin and sensual beauty habits.

I have trouble deciding between a neutral or thumbs up, but I will go for thumbs up since it's not bad at all and it can be pretty sexy.
03rd October, 2010
Hmm, wanted to correct my first review,
but it got erased instead ...

Delish ... I love it!
06th April, 2010 (last edited: 11th June, 2010)
Sweet light fragrance with an almond and baby powder dry down. Wears very close to the skin.
31st March, 2010

Add your review of L'Instant Magic

Shop for L'Instant Magic products online

Shop for L'Instant Magic at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Instant Magic

Member images of L'Instant Magic

There are no member images of L'Instant Magic yet. Why not be the first?