Vivara (new) (2007)

PerfumerFrançois Demachy
PackagingHelle Damkjaer
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Vivara (new)

Vivara (new) is a feminine perfume by Emilio Pucci. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy. The bottle was designed by Helle Damkjaer

Vivara (new) fragrance notes

Reviews of Vivara (new)

The first time I tried this on, I was shocked. There's a weird mix of notes in here that reminds me of a green liquor from China that my grandparents brought back as a souvenir from Hong Kong in the 80's, a little piece of tourist junk in a doll-shaped bottle. I remember sniffing it as a child. It was such a foreign smell to me then, sweet and minty, but more like mouthwash than food. It was herbal and rich and was medicinal and repulsive as much as it was intoxicating and liqueur-ish. That's what Vivara reminds me of - It's like a big spill in a medicine cabinet but also like an alcoholic drink.

All this weirdness sits on top of a very comfortable soapy smell with hints of powder and vanilla sweetness, so it's kind of like going to a McDonalds or a Dennys and seeing interesting avante garde sculpture on their walls instead of their usual forgettable corporate throwaway art. At first, the incongruity makes it even more shocking, but once you're used to it, it loses a lot of the novelty that made it seem really interesting and then it just feels sort of quirky or vaguely odd.

I've worn Vivara many times now, trying to figure out what's making that boozy mint medicine smell, and though it started off really captivating me, I've kind of lost interest in it with repeated wears and now it mostly just smells to me like minty soap with a weird medicine undertone. Oh well, at least it was an interesting ride and I'm happy it's not just another silly juvenile fruity floral. Definitely worth sampling.
12th August, 2012
This isn't your original Chypre your grandmom used to wear it's clean and modern The opening is green with an sour
tinge of Galbanum then as it dries it sweetens with Amaretto an alcoholic note
that is a bit brave and daring even if the
consumer is under 21, orange blossom is a tad diluted also jasmine but Narcissus
with it's deep and intoxicating properties is dominant and blends nicely

Orris or Iris adds to a powdery earthy
finish and with dry Vetiver.

The Boozy sweetness is a cross between
Ralph Lauren's Pure Turquoise & Queen Latiffah's Queen also i never tried
to original Vivara so i can't judge
but this is nice but it does'nt last long on my skin.
17th December, 2010
I got a sample card of this from Sephora, and HAD to have it!
The bottle looks like a little psychedelic mushroom. Kinda groovy!
It smells like summer at the beach. It starts out green and herbal, but the patchouli in the dry down lingers on, and there is something like salt water or (forgive the crass comparison) Sea & Ski that's in the bottom note as well.
Not sure that I will wear it much now that the weather is turning cooler; but it will be the first bottle out of the cabinet when I am getting out my summer clothes next year.
12th October, 2008
I was surprised by Vivara. This is a very lovely and a very very "green" smelling scent. I see fresh cut grass with white and purple flowers all around when I smell this. It does last a long time on skin. You can detect the patchouli way later--hours later. I really like it.
21st July, 2008
(This is for the vintage, not the new fragrance. I mistakenly put it in the new.)A classic herbal chypre in the old-school style. The richness and depth of the ingredients are apparent immediately and, like so many others of the 1970s, are no longer available to the perfumer's palatte. This is an odd perfume by today's standards. It is a combination of dry, bitter, green, herbal, cypressy notes expertly overlayed on a golden, sweet labdanum base. Probably the closest one could come to it nowadays is Estee Lauder Azuree, which is soapier and less herbal.
06th May, 2008
A dry, "modern woman's" chypre, containing only a tiny bit of sweetness. The progression in the opening is distinct - which I love. I'm fascinated by the way a particular note can open, then completely close allowing yet another totally different note come forth. The top and middle notes in Vivara do this - in full force! This is not a soft pink girly-girl type fragrance. (By the same token it may not be all that distinct on a man's skin.) I feel it's for the confident woman, such as Sharon Stone or maybe Glenn Close and/or Meryl Streep. Do you get my drift? Vivara comes across as a more up-scale version of say Coco Mad. or Miss Dior Cherie. It is a fragrance of wealth and good taste.
06th December, 2007

Add your review of Vivara (new)

Shop for Vivara (new) products online

Search Amazon for Vivara (new)

Member images of Vivara (new)