Vetiver Ambrato (2005)

Year of Launch2005

HouseBois 1920
PerfumerEnzo Galardi

About Vetiver Ambrato

Vetiver Ambrato is a shared / unisex perfume by Bois 1920. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Enzo Galardi

Vetiver Ambrato fragrance notes

Reviews of Vetiver Ambrato

Really nice on paper, as it carries Bois 1920's signature freshness and elegance, with a gentle and powdery note of vetiver blending with the sweet richness of amber, but... all that vanishes on skin. This is just beyond subtle, more closer to pure absence. I barely smell the opening. Which is sad because on paper it smells heavenly, bright, coloured, delicate and natural. However if you like "close-to-skin" scents, this may work.

10th March, 2014 (last edited: 05th April, 2014)
Vetiver Ambrato opens with a sharp, yet, woody opening. As the fragrance evolves, it rests in the soft (not too soft) powdery neutral zone; there is the sandalwood, ambergris character found in this fragrance that brings out the fragrance.....Vetiver Ambrato is the twin of Creed's Ambre Canelle however, toned and contained.

Gentlemen, enjoy smelling like an aristocrat!!!!
24th February, 2014
The minute I applied Vetiver Ambrato, I knew I would love it and I most certainly did. The perfect combination of the rich wood/chypre/incense notes and the sweeter amber/vanillic/labdanum notes makes for a wonderfully well-balanced fragrance. The much softened vetiver note reminds me of the absolutely stupendous Vétiver pour elle by Guerlain.

The only negative thing I could say about this fragrance is that it's price is utterly ridiculous (at least where I live). Is it really worth paying three times the price of an equally good fragrance? I, for one, think not. Although I simply adore Vetiver Ambrato, I never actually bought a bottle. It is merely a matter of principle. No fragrance is THAT good, really.
08th June, 2012
Wore this yesterday. Went on nice then initially changed to an awful sickly smell within minutes - amber. It then for me changed after about 20min to a nice and fresh scent. Changed to what for my wife (and myself) was like talc and a just out of the shower smell. I wasnt sure I liked it but it really grew on me over the afternoon. Didnt smell much Vetiver and it in some ways reminded me of Creed - ie shower fresh. The fresh scent lasted for many hours but for £100 there is perhaps less expensive ways to smell of talc!
19th June, 2011
Vetiver Ambrato - my first Bois 1920, and a brilliant introduction to this house.

It may just be my nose, but Vetiver Ambrato smells like a very refined, vetiver-tinged Old Spice (original Shulton edition). Comparison of the Old Spice pyramid here on Basenotes and the Vetiver Ambrato pyramid elsewhere confirmed my hunch: many notes in common.

Vetiver Ambrato, a barbershop scent, is a slightly clovey (carnations?) amber fragrance laced with vetiver. Vetiver is not dominant in this frag but it is there, especially in the sillage of the first hour after application. Vetiver and galbanum temper the predominantly sweet notes of VA, and i guess this, rather than as a signature note, is the primary purpose of the vetiver.

Sillage is modest, but can fill a small room if liberally sprayed (personal guilt admitted). Longevity is surprisingly significant. Easily 8+ hours after application i still smell it wafting of my chest.

I have always loved Old Spice since childhood. Vetiver Ambrato will now be my new and more refined Old Spice.

Great frag.
28th May, 2011
Strange enough this is to me a Guerlain Mitsuoko with a modern man in mind. Or a twin of the Armani Prive Cuir Amethyste (close enough to be hard to tell apart). I get what some term Guerlinade, which I have perceived in some of Serge Leutens popular offerings. It smells like an acutely spiced peach accord on my skin and to my nose (must be something about my skin). Eitherway, I cannot wear it, but with Vetiver Ambrato, I can pull it off. Don't want to give it a thumbs down, because it is not bad, but it is peculiar.
08th August, 2010

Add your review of Vetiver Ambrato

Shop for Vetiver Ambrato products online

Shop for Vetiver Ambrato at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Vetiver Ambrato

Member images of Vetiver Ambrato

There are no member images of Vetiver Ambrato yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Vetiver Ambrato