Galoré (1964)
by Royal Secret (originally by Germaine Monteil)

Galoré information

Year of Launch1964

HouseRoyal Secret
Originally byGermaine Monteil
Parent CompanyQuality King Distributors > Perfumania Holdings > Five Star Fragrances
Parent Company at launchBritish-American Cosmetics > Germaine Monteil Cosmetics Corp > Germaine Monteil

About Galoré

Galoré is a feminine perfume by Royal Secret. The scent was launched in 1964

Reviews of Galoré

I was not impressed by Galore.

It is for me a typical floral melange of the period, with Muguet predominating. It did not remind me of Mysticman's trio, Bandit, Shalimar of Chanel #5, but that is my nose compared to his.

I got no dry leather or amber in the base, in fact, I got no base at all, just the soft lingering floral notes. This from a vintage 1/2 oz. of parfum.

Perhaps my bottle is "off." In any case, with two such divergent reviews as his and mine, you'd best sample or buy a small, inexpensive bottle to see how your nose and skin react before you decide. Always a good thing to do, in my opinion, re any scent you are intrigued with.
18th April, 2014
A classic fragrance that would be right at home on the Hollywood glamour queens of the 40's, 50's or early 60's. Aldehydic spicy floral top notes fading into a warm and spicy heart with a strong animalic ambery and leathery base. It brings to mind Robert Piguet's Bandit, Shalimar, Chanel No. 5 and other aldehydic/floral/oriental blends. One site I found lists the notes as:

Top: Aldehydes, spices, mandarin orange, bergamot
Middle: Jasmine, ylang-ylang, muguet, rose, narcissus
Base: Amber, vanilla, vetiver, incense

I definitely smell a leathery accord in the base, with perhaps some civet as well

I imagine this on a mature woman dressed up for a night on the town followed by a passionate tryst. It most definitely is NOT for young girls or any woman who doesn't have a strong sense of her identity and style.
22nd March, 2014

Add your review of Galoré

Shop for Galoré products online

Search Amazon for Galoré

Member images of Galoré

There are no member images of Galoré yet. Why not be the first?