Galoré (1964)
    by Royal Secret (orig. by Germaine Monteil)

Average Rating:

Galoré information

Galoré is a women's fragrance by Royal Secret. The scent was launched in 1964

Reviews of Galoré

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

JackTwist's avatar

I was not impressed by Galore.

It is for me a typical floral melange of the period, with Muguet predominating. It did not remind me of Mysticman's trio, Bandit, Shalimar of Chanel #5, but that is my nose compared to his.

I got no dry leather or amber in the base, in fact, I got no base at all, just the soft lingering floral notes. This from a vintage 1/2 oz. of parfum.

Perhaps my bottle is "off." In any case, with two such divergent reviews as his and mine, you'd best sample or buy a small, inexpensive bottle to see how your nose and skin react before you decide. Always a good thing to do, in my opinion, re any scent you are intrigued with.

18th April, 2014

Mysticman's avatar

A classic fragrance that would be right at home on the Hollywood glamour queens of the 40's, 50's or early 60's. Aldehydic spicy floral top notes fading into a warm and spicy heart with a strong animalic ambery and leathery base. It brings to mind Robert Piguet's Bandit, Shalimar, Chanel No. 5 and other aldehydic/floral/oriental blends. One site I found lists the notes as:

Top: Aldehydes, spices, mandarin orange, bergamot
    Middle: Jasmine, ylang-ylang, muguet, rose, narcissus
    Base: Amber, vanilla, vetiver, incense

I definitely smell a leathery accord in the base, with perhaps some civet as well

I imagine this on a mature woman dressed up for a night on the town followed by a passionate tryst. It most definitely is NOT for young girls or any woman who doesn't have a strong sense of her identity and style.

22nd March, 2014