No.032 Bay Rum (2006)
    by C.O. Bigelow Apothecary

Reviews of No.032 Bay Rum

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Marais's avatar
    Marais

Not your average bay rum. For starters, the clove, whilst present, is toned down and well-integrated with other spices (cinnamon, mace). Secondly, the bay-rum axis favours the bay. Thirdly, the longevity is much better than usual, and not totally dependent on clove. I get about 6 hours from 5 sprays, with average to good projection. Fourthly, it isn't intended for post-shave face-burning. It comes in an attractive old-fashioned glass spray bottle. I agree with Bokaba about a similarity to Aramis Havana. As usual, it's much more expensive in the UK than the USA but still worth it.

17 March, 2013

sasqwer's avatar
    sasqwer
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

I don't know whether is this still available, I bought it back in 2008. This is more of an actefact, symbol for me, I do not really wear this as it doesn't last etc. However, the rum, warm character creates sepia shaped image of the olden days. Men who smoke cuban cigars and drink litres of scotch. Men who wear panama hats and drive fluffy cars. Absolutely amazing odour!

Remarks: 1) I used to own the after-shave, beautiful combo! 2) If you happen to see it, try it, purchase it! 3) women, kids, even other men admire it. 4) masculine spices add almost feeling of safety. 4) warm, warm weather day or night, splendid.

13 June, 2012

PaulC's avatar
    PaulC

Love the spiciness of this scent. Just wish it lasted longer. I get about an hour and a half out of it. I have to reapply often. But it smells good enough to do so.

26 October, 2011

usemyname's avatar
    usemyname
    Sweden Sweden

Very spicy and masculine! Very good longevity - lasts all day. I can't compare this one to other bay rum scents, but this one is wonderful. On my top ten list!

30th January, 2011

Grottola's avatar
    Grottola

Not quite my favorite Bay Rum anymore, but still a decent one for what it's worth. It lasts longer than other Bay Rum fragrances and has a nice warmth and complexity, with a bit of spice to it.

My main gripe that turns me away nowadays is that I find it smells too much like a Christmas potpourri or something of that ilk. Now, some may find that pleasing, but I'd rather not smell like a potpourri. I guess it's back to Old Spice! Also, I think this has been discontinued.

24 December, 2008 (Last Edited: 23 December, 2010)

bokaba's avatar
    bokaba

What a bay rum! This is certainly king of spices. It is true that there is little change during the drydown, but that's ok with me. Strong clove, allspice, nutmeg, Cinnamon, etc. Smells a little like Aramis Havana. Versy strong and masculine.

13 September, 2008