Gucci by Gucci (2007)

Gucci by Gucci is a feminine perfume by Gucci. The scent was launched in 2007

Gucci by Gucci fragrance notes

Reviews of Gucci by Gucci

rbaker Show all reviews
The sweetish-fruity opening is rather laboratory-chemical in nature, with an aroma of berries, and a faux-pear-peachy undertone. It is so chemical that I can imagine it work well on a laboratory-created customer, a robot for instance.

The drydown remains firmly in the lab kitchen, this time cooking up a sweetish floral soup that quite skillfully avoids smelling like a real flower - I mean the stuff that grows outside in nature.

After the thumbs-down assessment had taken shape in my mind, it is the base that constitutes the main strength of this creation: whilst still clearly and overly synthetic, it is much less intrusively so, and manages to create a passable honeyed, soft patchouli impression; this impression does not really impress me, but it is quite bearable.

The sillage is moderate, the projection very good, and the longevity is ten hours on my skin.

A spring composition that is hyper-synthetic, a bit less so in the base though; this is one of those rare cases where the longer one waits, the more tolerable it gets. At the border between thumbs down and neutral; the base pushes it - just - into neutral territory. 2/3.
18th April, 2017
Salutation.

This Lovely EDP Gives you that Stately and Makes you feel Handsome.Truly it is just what i was expecting from GUCCI and with this reason i bought it for my mother.Sweet,Feminine,Warm,Heavy,Hot and Luxurious.

In my opinion GUCCI EDP is all about a Attractive perfume.You can really smell Honey for a long time.In fact mix Honey,Flower and Musk are rich.I found it Full balance between a Classic style and a Modern way.The base is Soft and Amiable.

The bottle is Elegant and Gorgeous as Reflects the scent.Seemly for a stylish,Confident and definitely a High Class lady for Special moments in AUTUMN/WINTER specially a Glorious Banquet because it is attract for men.Anyway Gucci is a Great night scent.

Sillage?Superb.

Longevity?About 10 Hours on my skin.

Thank You GUCCI.

8.5/10
23rd April, 2015
I usually have no desire to test women fragrances and this is a good example why! synthetic all the way through!
I know many women love these type of scents but as a guy if someone gets close to me and smells like this, I will either cover my nose or I will tell her please go away!

The opening of this fragrance is a semi sweet synthetic fruity and peppery scent with good support of some floral notes. I know there is no black pepper in note breakdown but I believe this peppery aroma is because of black pepper not patchouli.
The fruity part is semi fresh and at the same time sweet because of honey note, but quite synthetic to my nose.
When I say honey do not expect a natural honey note that you can find in fragrances like By Kilian Back to Black or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for example. it's just a warm and sweet feel that may remind you of honey.

As time passes that fruity scent looses that semi fresh feeling and gets a little stronger and even more synthetic. the honey note keeps it warm and kind of sensual and there are some spices and easy to detect floral notes side by side of those sweet and fruity notes to add more layers. I can also feel some sort of dried flowery aura in the scent. it's not fresh like the smell of a new flower that you just grabbed from a garden or a flower shop. smells more like a dried and slightly earthy flower. maybe that's because of patchouli and Tiare Flower combo that creates this aura.

Projection is good (above average) and longevity is around 5-6 hours and sometimes more on my skin.
PASS!
08th March, 2015
warm, deep & sugary. To me not to different from ´Boudoir`by Vivienne, just sweeter & more "friendly"
04th February, 2014
Hmmm... It's a weird sort of fake grape smell at first, like grape bubblegum or grape-flavored Laffy Taffy or that gross oversweetened "grape drink". This note is incredibly overused in men's aquatics, but I think this is the first time I've smelled it as the foundation for a woman's candy fruity floral. They mix this fake sweet grape with a subtle soapy smell and that's about it. Given hours, it ended up as a sweet vanilla patchouli amber sort of smell, but weak and kind of dull.

As a lover of perfume, scents like this make me sad. In an art form where there's so much to work with and so many interesting ideas to express, I find it depressing when someone just mixes together a few overused "popular" elements and comes up with something completely uninspired. There's no drama here, just manufactured familiarity. It smells "good", but not artful. It's not bad, just unnecessary.
02nd November, 2012
I've smelt it either exhaling from a feminine skin and from the masculine skin (on my wrist and exhaling from a friend of mine that wears it using to steal sometimes some spray at his girlfriend). I can say it works better on the masculine side. It's on the same vein of Daisy Marc Jacobs (better blended and less synthetic and vanillic in my opinion) and smells as a floral fresh musk with a patchouli backbone and a touch of final amber or vanilla. Some tropical flowers and fruits whirl in the air  and, according with Foetidus, i detect a sort of violet smell around in the musky freshness that may be is not properly produced by the real  presence of violet leaves. The smell is cool, aromatic and woodsy as well as some mint would be in the mix. May be the blend of pears and tiare produces this effect around, a sort of white, fresh, sweetly mild and joyful kind of exotic smell. I think that the combination of pear, musk, tiare and amber exudes that sort of aromatic-floral, dry and white kind of smell that characterizes the fragrance. Not so bad after all in my opinion.
10th December, 2011 (last edited: 11th February, 2013)

Add your review of Gucci by Gucci

Shop for Gucci by Gucci products online

Shop for Gucci by Gucci at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Gucci by Gucci

Member images of Gucci by Gucci

There are no member images of Gucci by Gucci yet. Why not be the first?