Gucci by Gucci (2007)

Shop for Gucci by Gucci products online

75ml EdT
    75ml EdT

Reviews of Gucci by Gucci

Showing 1 to 6 of 37 reviews.

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

I usually have no desire to test women fragrances and this is a good example why! synthetic all the way through!
    I know many women love these type of scents but as a guy if someone gets close to me and smells like this, I will either cover my nose or I will tell her please go away!

The opening of this fragrance is a semi sweet synthetic fruity and peppery scent with good support of some floral notes. I know there is no black pepper in note breakdown but I believe this peppery aroma is because of black pepper not patchouli.
    The fruity part is semi fresh and at the same time sweet because of honey note, but quite synthetic to my nose.
    When I say honey do not expect a natural honey note that you can find in fragrances like By Kilian Back to Black or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for example. it's just a warm and sweet feel that may remind you of honey.

As time passes that fruity scent looses that semi fresh feeling and gets a little stronger and even more synthetic. the honey note keeps it warm and kind of sensual and there are some spices and easy to detect floral notes side by side of those sweet and fruity notes to add more layers. I can also feel some sort of dried flowery aura in the scent. it's not fresh like the smell of a new flower that you just grabbed from a garden or a flower shop. smells more like a dried and slightly earthy flower. maybe that's because of patchouli and Tiare Flower combo that creates this aura.

Projection is good (above average) and longevity is around 5-6 hours and sometimes more on my skin.
    PASS!

08th March, 2015

SergeLancelot's avatar

Sweden Sweden

warm, deep & sugary. To me not to different from ´Boudoir`by Vivienne, just sweeter & more "friendly"

04th February, 2014

rogalal's avatar

Hmmm... It's a weird sort of fake grape smell at first, like grape bubblegum or grape-flavored Laffy Taffy or that gross oversweetened "grape drink". This note is incredibly overused in men's aquatics, but I think this is the first time I've smelled it as the foundation for a woman's candy fruity floral. They mix this fake sweet grape with a subtle soapy smell and that's about it. Given hours, it ended up as a sweet vanilla patchouli amber sort of smell, but weak and kind of dull.

As a lover of perfume, scents like this make me sad. In an art form where there's so much to work with and so many interesting ideas to express, I find it depressing when someone just mixes together a few overused "popular" elements and comes up with something completely uninspired. There's no drama here, just manufactured familiarity. It smells "good", but not artful. It's not bad, just unnecessary.

02nd November, 2012

Darvant's avatar

I've smelt it either exhaling from a feminine skin and from the masculine skin (on my wrist and exhaling from a friend of mine that wears it using to steal sometimes some spray at his girlfriend). I can say it works better on the masculine side. It's on the same vein of Daisy Marc Jacobs (better blended and less synthetic and vanillic in my opinion) and smells as a floral fresh musk with a patchouli backbone and a touch of final amber or vanilla. Some tropical flowers and fruits whirl in the air  and, according with Foetidus, i detect a sort of violet smell around in the musky freshness that may be is not properly produced by the real  presence of violet leaves. The smell is cool, aromatic and woodsy as well as some mint would be in the mix. May be the blend of pears and tiare produces this effect around, a sort of white, fresh, sweetly mild and joyful kind of exotic smell. I think that the combination of pear, musk, tiare and amber exudes that sort of aromatic-floral, dry and white kind of smell that characterizes the fragrance. Not so bad after all in my opinion.

10th December, 2011 (Last Edited: 11th February, 2013)

LadyDragonFire's avatar

I found this fragrance listed on a website as a good "woody" or chypre perfume to try. And since I generally tend to like woody and green fragrances I decided to get a small sample to try. I am so disappointed.
    This perfume is not a woody or green fragrance. It may have some woody notes in the base, but on me the scent is almost all top notes and heart notes, therefore I would categorize it as a fruity floral. It's not really a light or subtle fruity floral though. I am also just taking note of the fact that this perfume is coming off as really strong, sweet and heavy on me. I actually don't care for it all that much. At first I just thought "boring and generic floral." Now I'm also thinking "one of those fragrances that I find suffocating in hot weather or a small room." Luckily it's a fairly cool day today. Still, I wouldn't buy this perfume.
    I feel I should also mention that the sample I got is supposedly the EDT version of this fragrance in the pink bottle. If the EDT is this strong, I don't think I could stand the even more concentrated version.
    I also feel I should mention that I wore Shalimar yesterday (a fragrance that many people find "too strong") and that I really like Shalimar. I don't object to strong fragrances per se, I just dislike this style of fragrance. I also strongly suspect that if you're a person who likes the classic Guerlain perfumes (which I am) you probably won't like this one. Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself.

18th September, 2011

blood-orange's avatar

This perfume isn't as bad as people make out, however it is slightly boring and unoriginal.

I expected this fragrance to be intense, warm and truly seductive, however what I get is a light, musky, almost masculine scent. Not bad, it is definitely wearable, but not as outstanding as I would've liked it to be.

There are slight hints of woodsy notes throughout this fragrance, yet there are no woods listed in this scent. The guava and pear notes confuse me greatly as I cannot smell them at all. Gucci opens with floral notes and stays like that until the scent fades away.

Another disappointing aspect to this scent is its lack of lasting power, which surprised me seeming that you pay a considerable amount to own this fragrance. In my opinion you aren't getting what you paid for.

I can't help feeling like there's something missing in this fragrance. It definitely lacks character and appeal for me.

04th June, 2011

HIGHEST BID
    Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia 3.3 oz / 3.4 oz ( 100 ml ) EDT SPRAY Women NIB
    • Time Left: 6 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    GUCCI GUILTY INTENSE by GUCCI 2.5 oz ( 75 ML ) EDP Spray Women NEW IN BOX SEALED
    • Time Left: 21 days
    100 % GUCCI FLORA BY GUCCI WOMEN PERFUME 2.5 OZ EDP SPRAY NIB SEALED
    • Time Left: 23 days
    GUCCI GUILTY BLACK by Gucci 1.7 oz EDT Spray NEW in Box for Men
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 29 days

Member images of Gucci by Gucci

There are no member images of Gucci by Gucci yet. Why not be the first?