Eternal Return (2007)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3

Based on 18 ratings

Eternal Return information

Eternal Return is a unisex fragrance by CB I Hate Perfume. The scent was launched in 2007

Shop for Eternal Return products online

$167.28*
    100ml Perfume
    (*converted from GBP 100.00)

Reviews of Eternal Return

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

deadidol's avatar

Calone freshness without the hideousness of calone, this is a "teal" scent in that it pits a fern-esque green note against an oceanic blue. With a delicate hint of bilge frothing and bubbling against an old plank of wood (smells like peanuts), Brosius nails the environment perfectly. And just to keep with the theme, the lifespan of the teal aspect is about that of a crashing wave, but it does leave a nice bilgy trace behind that lingers in wisps.

01st September, 2014

ajolie7's avatar

I'm tempted to give a thumbs-neutral rating because I don't think it's worth the price tag. Alas, Eternal Return is a lovely, light, airy fragrance. I catch whiffs of the setting CB tries to capture. Saltwater air, light wood, and cypress all appear and drift around without ever really settling into anything definite. It's pleasant, uplifting, and somewhat contemplative/moody. It strikes me as a safe, any-occasion scent. It's even one of those scents that could give the trick impression that you somehow smell wonderful but aren't wearing perfume. (CB does this so very well.) The water-based version took a nice, even hold on my skin (almost as salty air mixes with sweat on a hot beach, actually). Eternal Return didn't last particularly long on me, however; I began to wonder where it went after 4 or 5 hours. Fresh saltwater and vague woods dominate without the synthetic soapy perfume of many aquatics or the heavy spice that is typical of woody fragrances. Recommended for sampling. All in all, a fun boat ride home from a quiet island.

10th June, 2012

L'Aventurier's avatar

I absolutely love the smell of the ocean. I have tried a number of scents that are supposed to smell like the sea: Aqua di Sale, Erolfa, Aqua Bulgari, Sea Wood, Salt Air, etc.

This one comes the closest. The absolute is a bit potent and although I'm not compelled to actually wear it (it seriously smells like the ocean too much to wear) I imagine the water perfume to be great for spraying on clothes.

10th July, 2009 (Last Edited: 11th July, 2009)

Nostalgie's avatar

A philosophical premise about the infinite recurrence of matter, a religious belief that links the present to the mythical past, and the title of Delannoy’s haunting 1943 film, “Eternal Return” brings a heavy name to a light fragrance. Easy,-to-wear, close-to-the skin, short-lived, soft and aquatic, Eternal Return represents a more gentle recurrence of CB I Hate Perfume’s The Beach 1966.

04 February, 2009

Mark67's avatar

There are some decent notes that immediately get overwhelmed quickly by a "dish soap" smell. Didn't care for this one at all.

28 August, 2008 (Last Edited: 04 September, 2008)

taliaseki's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Christopher Brosius, the designer defines eternal return as "the scent of sailing toward the shore. It is a blend of Fresh Ocean Air, Wooden Ship and a faint hint of Cypress Trees growing on the cliff above the water..."
    To me it smells like skin of a man who spent all day in the sea or on the sand. He may have worn a sweet woody scent in the morning and may have smoked a few cigarettes but it is so far away now. This fragrance is really impressive because i think the main note is not sea but sea and sun kissed skin of a man.
    Can i be mistaken? No, my brother exactly smelled like that with some tobacco cologne in the morning and after a long day at the beach. It is very natural attractive and wearable. (Wearable is an important point of interest when we are talking about cb i hate perfume fragrances.)
    One thing disappointing is that the magic which happens on my skin is not so clear on my husbands. I am planning to buy one for my brother and hope it would work for him.

09 July, 2008