Eternal Return (2007)

Eternal Return information

Year of Launch2007

HouseCB I Hate Perfume

About Eternal Return

Eternal Return is a shared / unisex perfume by CB I Hate Perfume. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Eternal Return

I've tried lots and lots of aquatics of all kinds. I already own At The Beach 1966, and I really like it. Eternal Return is probably the most minimal or stripped down aquatic scent that I've tried.

Eternal Return is a clean, somewhat salty aquatic, very ocean-like (from what I remember, many years ago). I think I like this and At The Beach equally, but they are suited to different moods. Eternal Return is more like standing on a beach in cooler weather, in solitude. There are definitely times when I would choose this over At The Beach. I love both! Who wants to smell like this? I do!

I really don't smell much if any wood in this, mostly just aquatic/salty and slightly sweet/fruity (and I mean just slightly). I'm wearing the absolute, and it actually sticks around longer than I would expect. What to say? It smells like the ocean to me. I want to always have this available.

You could probably wear Salt Air from Demeter instead of this, but it does fade a lot faster (in my experience). And I think Eternal Return has more depth.
15th July, 2016
Calone freshness without the hideousness of calone, this is a "teal" scent in that it pits a fern-esque green note against an oceanic blue. With a delicate hint of bilge frothing and bubbling against an old plank of wood (smells like peanuts), Brosius nails the environment perfectly. And just to keep with the theme, the lifespan of the teal aspect is about that of a crashing wave, but it does leave a nice bilgy trace behind that lingers in wisps.
01st September, 2014
I'm tempted to give a thumbs-neutral rating because I don't think it's worth the price tag. Alas, Eternal Return is a lovely, light, airy fragrance. I catch whiffs of the setting CB tries to capture. Saltwater air, light wood, and cypress all appear and drift around without ever really settling into anything definite. It's pleasant, uplifting, and somewhat contemplative/moody. It strikes me as a safe, any-occasion scent. It's even one of those scents that could give the trick impression that you somehow smell wonderful but aren't wearing perfume. (CB does this so very well.) The water-based version took a nice, even hold on my skin (almost as salty air mixes with sweat on a hot beach, actually). Eternal Return didn't last particularly long on me, however; I began to wonder where it went after 4 or 5 hours. Fresh saltwater and vague woods dominate without the synthetic soapy perfume of many aquatics or the heavy spice that is typical of woody fragrances. Recommended for sampling. All in all, a fun boat ride home from a quiet island.
10th June, 2012
I absolutely love the smell of the ocean. I have tried a number of scents that are supposed to smell like the sea: Aqua di Sale, Erolfa, Aqua Bulgari, Sea Wood, Salt Air, etc.

This one comes the closest. The absolute is a bit potent and although I'm not compelled to actually wear it (it seriously smells like the ocean too much to wear) I imagine the water perfume to be great for spraying on clothes.

10th July, 2009 (last edited: 11th July, 2009)
A philosophical premise about the infinite recurrence of matter, a religious belief that links the present to the mythical past, and the title of Delannoy’s haunting 1943 film, “Eternal Return” brings a heavy name to a light fragrance. Easy,-to-wear, close-to-the skin, short-lived, soft and aquatic, Eternal Return represents a more gentle recurrence of CB I Hate Perfume’s The Beach 1966.
04th February, 2009
Mark67 Show all reviews
There are some decent notes that immediately get overwhelmed quickly by a "dish soap" smell. Didn't care for this one at all.
28th August, 2008 (last edited: 04th September, 2008)

Add your review of Eternal Return

Shop for Eternal Return products online

Shop for Eternal Return at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eternal Return

Member images of Eternal Return

There are no member images of Eternal Return yet. Why not be the first?