Bigelow Barber Cologne Elixir Green No. 1582 (2007)
    by C.O. Bigelow Apothecary

Average Rating: 3

Based on 10 ratings

Bigelow Barber Cologne Elixir Green No. 1582 Fragrance notes

Herbaceous notes, Warm amber, Musk, Elegant woods

Bigelow Barber Cologne Elixir Green No. 1582 information

Bigelow Barber Cologne Elixir Green No. 1582 is a men's fragrance by C.O. Bigelow Apothecary. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Bigelow Barber Cologne Elixir Green No. 1582

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

Kampus Kop's avatar

This is not an expensive fragrance and I believe the most beautiful colognes and eau de toilettes are the costly ones, so I do not hold these "budget" ones to the same standard as I would the renowned ones.

Look: I'm a blue collar guy in Philly and I reserve the stuff by Guerlain or Hermes for more special evenings. Some us of working class guys just need something to put in our gym bags that we can spritz on after a workout and a shower. Capiche?!

I like this one. It's fresh, a little citrusy with bergamot, but mostly seems to have a mossy and vetiver characteristic that makes it not too sweet and decidedly masculine. It is a morning and early afternoon scent. It does not have the complexity or richness of the expensive fragrances. To me it evokes an early morning in the backyard that has an herb garden, cut grass and orange blossoms in bloom.

08 March, 2013

shamu1's avatar

I love green herbal scents, so I was dying to sample this. I had a chance to try this a second time recently, and my impressions of it are even worse than before.

There is NOTHING green about the smell; the word "Green" is there simply to describe the color of the bottle as if you needed to be told that. This is a poorly composed fragrance with little coherence or sense of balance. It smells like bergamot-scented vinegar. It just smells sour and harsh, and that's it. This is an alarmingly bad fragrance. Truth be told: this is in reality a copy of Polo Blue, only even more one-dimensional than Polo Blue.

Unless you like collecting bad knockoffs of bad fragrances, there is nothing good I can say about this.

MY RATING: 1/10

22 January, 2012 (Last Edited: 23 January, 2012)

Kolle's avatar

Quite decent, actually. This is a very clean, citrusy scent with good longevity. I detect some hints of orange and grass. This is not really a formal, evening type of scent, though. I personally spray a few spritzes immediately after showering. The scent is still with me when I wake up.

14 December, 2008

surreality's avatar

This starts out with a nice refreshing blast of smooth green notes in the style of Green Irish Tweed and Riverside Dr. that slowly give way to a sweet amber base with a touch of sandalwood. Projects nicely off the skin and lasts a good 4-5hrs. Smells nice, lasts a decent amount of time and is great value for money.

13 December, 2008