Midnight Poison (2007)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 225 ratings

Midnight Poison Fragrance Notes

Midnight Poison information

Midnight Poison is a women's fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2007

Shop for Midnight Poison products online

Reviews of Midnight Poison

Showing 1 to 6 of 37 reviews.

freewheelingvagabond's avatar

India India

A decadent rose-patchouli fragrance with a soothing, soft, lush amber note. There is some citrus at the beginning, but it's blended smoothly. The overall effect is a stunning oriental that is sadly discontinued.

Dior, please bring it back.

12th August, 2014 (Last Edited: 08th March, 2015)

mariana's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Amazing oriental!

To me it is the most intrigant of all the Poison line. Patchouli at its best. From the opening notes to the drydown, everything here is to die for, absolutely unique, dark, seductive, mysterious...

26th October, 2013 (Last Edited: 05th January, 2014)

Harmony's avatar

Russian Federation Russian Federation

LOVE FROM DIOR!

I Love this perfume! Sexy is what I adore in fragrances, and here pachouli and rose marriage just makes it perfect. I personally wear it at night only, and it makes me want myself))). Seriously, you will have sweet dreams, but before you go to sleep you will feel luxury and admiration of others. When I am having a night with internet and glass of wine, I put on blue orchid 100% botanical oil from Clarins on my face- and OH, you get perfect combination of Spa experience and luxury of Dior. Bon Voyage!

15th October, 2013

KarmaLee's avatar

I have a small midnight blue bottle of Midnight Poison, that I had never opened. Then, Poison caught me a few weeks ago, for the first time. I fell in love and have been having a Poison affair since.

Last week, I placed the Midnight Poison beside my bed and used it as a sleeping potion of sorts. And opening the bottle made me gasp. I love this scent. I still only use it at night, but almost every night now, I fall into dreams with the lush scent of warm roses and patchouli rising from my wrists and pillow.

This seems a bit thin at first, but then deepens. It is more complex than it first seems. It may be mostly roses and herb, but it does it with some other notes layered in, that I cannot recognize. The whole composition is more than the sum of its parts. It blends with an alchemical reaction that ZINGS on me. Then, it calms down and comforts me with one of the most beautiful scents I have ever experienced.

I need a full, big bottle now.

10th March, 2012

colormechris's avatar

I tried this one after reading some of the rave reviews. I got the idea this is kind of a Poison for Men without actually being branded as such. I liked it, but there was a note to it that started to annoy me after an hour or so. It wouldn't go away. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but Vick's Vapo-Rub kept coming to mind. I just read awesomeness's review and she put it into words for me. "Medicinal and camphorous". That's exactly it! And that's what it smells like on my arm, still, three hours later. It doesn't work for me, so I'll have to pass on Midnight Poison. But that's not to say it's not interesting and good in its' own camphorous and medicinal way. Just, not for me.

07th December, 2011

Anup's avatar

Poison pour lui?

I believe that this certain creation could have been released alongside the original Poison from 1985 in an alternate timeline. To me the scent comes of as a "structurally sweetened" Antaeus by Channel.

Comparisons aside, strictly speaking of Poisons, this fragrance stands out to me. It is without a doubt the simplest Poison, yet carries the most complexity in according the notes than any of the others in my opinion. For example, oranges and bergamot in the top, so what? Those are very commonly used notes in many fragrances. The middle only consisting of roses, pale, soft and slightly sweet. And concluding of a oh so common base of vanilla amber musk and patchouli. Surprisingly, as with a few other scents of post millennia miracles, Midnight Poison pulls all of the notes together in to one solitary aroma.

The start is very aromatic, sweet and slightly moist; dewy or even humidified. Heading further into the scent that humidity stands firm and is greeted coldly with drab, dead and dry floral musk which, despite how awful that sounds, fills me with olfactive joy indicative of fall. Viewing the final grasps at life, it's last takes of air, Midnight Poison shrieks, yet nothing comes from the creatures mouth, dusty woods with a dissipating powdery/sweetness are all thats left upon conclusion.

A misunderstood man often taken as a malnourished woman.
    Midnight Poison.

Midnight Poison by Christian Dior 1.0 oz Pure Parfum Extrait Spray Tester NIB
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 29 days

Member images of Midnight Poison

There are no member images of Midnight Poison yet. Why not be the first?