Midnight Poison (2007)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 225 ratings

Midnight Poison Fragrance Notes

Midnight Poison information

Midnight Poison is a women's fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2007

Shop for Midnight Poison products online

Reviews of Midnight Poison

Showing 1 to 6 of 37 reviews.

Captain's avatar

Im pretty sure this was the first rosy perfume I really appreciated.

Testing Miss Dior Le Perfum today and I suddenly got a Midnight Poison vibe. :o I could have sworn there was incense in this but looking at the notes just now, they are almost identical to Miss Dior Le Perfum. I get the same sweet, orangey vanilla and rose from both scents. I love both, I just reviewed Le Parfum, it is sophisticated, bright and so lovely. The same goes for MP, "Definitely a burst of bright and sweet mandarin and then the rose. Clean spicy orange, rosy rich vanilla amber and tonnes of powder.

If you are mourning the death of Midnight Poison, please try Miss Dior Le Parfum!

08 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 22 February, 2014)

mariana's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Amazing oriental!

To me it is the most intrigant of all the Poison line. Patchouli at its best. From the opening notes to the drydown, everything here is to die for, absolutely unique, dark, seductive, mysterious...

26 October, 2013 (Last Edited: 05 January, 2014)

Harmony's avatar

Russian Federation Russian Federation

LOVE FROM DIOR!

I Love this perfume! Sexy is what I adore in fragrances, and here pachouli and rose marriage just makes it perfect. I personally wear it at night only, and it makes me want myself))). Seriously, you will have sweet dreams, but before you go to sleep you will feel luxury and admiration of others. When I am having a night with internet and glass of wine, I put on blue orchid 100% botanical oil from Clarins on my face- and OH, you get perfect combination of Spa experience and luxury of Dior. Bon Voyage!

15 October, 2013

KarmaLee's avatar

I have a small midnight blue bottle of Midnight Poison, that I had never opened. Then, Poison caught me a few weeks ago, for the first time. I fell in love and have been having a Poison affair since.

Last week, I placed the Midnight Poison beside my bed and used it as a sleeping potion of sorts. And opening the bottle made me gasp. I love this scent. I still only use it at night, but almost every night now, I fall into dreams with the lush scent of warm roses and patchouli rising from my wrists and pillow.

This seems a bit thin at first, but then deepens. It is more complex than it first seems. It may be mostly roses and herb, but it does it with some other notes layered in, that I cannot recognize. The whole composition is more than the sum of its parts. It blends with an alchemical reaction that ZINGS on me. Then, it calms down and comforts me with one of the most beautiful scents I have ever experienced.

I need a full, big bottle now.

10th March, 2012

colormechris's avatar

I tried this one after reading some of the rave reviews. I got the idea this is kind of a Poison for Men without actually being branded as such. I liked it, but there was a note to it that started to annoy me after an hour or so. It wouldn't go away. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but Vick's Vapo-Rub kept coming to mind. I just read awesomeness's review and she put it into words for me. "Medicinal and camphorous". That's exactly it! And that's what it smells like on my arm, still, three hours later. It doesn't work for me, so I'll have to pass on Midnight Poison. But that's not to say it's not interesting and good in its' own camphorous and medicinal way. Just, not for me.

07 December, 2011

Anup's avatar

Poison pour lui?

I believe that this certain creation could have been released alongside the original Poison from 1985 in an alternate timeline. To me the scent comes of as a "structurally sweetened" Antaeus by Channel.

Comparisons aside, strictly speaking of Poisons, this fragrance stands out to me. It is without a doubt the simplest Poison, yet carries the most complexity in according the notes than any of the others in my opinion. For example, oranges and bergamot in the top, so what? Those are very commonly used notes in many fragrances. The middle only consisting of roses, pale, soft and slightly sweet. And concluding of a oh so common base of vanilla amber musk and patchouli. Surprisingly, as with a few other scents of post millennia miracles, Midnight Poison pulls all of the notes together in to one solitary aroma.

The start is very aromatic, sweet and slightly moist; dewy or even humidified. Heading further into the scent that humidity stands firm and is greeted coldly with drab, dead and dry floral musk which, despite how awful that sounds, fills me with olfactive joy indicative of fall. Viewing the final grasps at life, it's last takes of air, Midnight Poison shrieks, yet nothing comes from the creatures mouth, dusty woods with a dissipating powdery/sweetness are all thats left upon conclusion.

A misunderstood man often taken as a malnourished woman.
    Midnight Poison.

23 November, 2011

Add your review of Midnight Poison

Search for on eBay United States

MIDNIGHT POISON CHRISTIAN DIOR 100ML/3.4OZ EDP SPRAY/ FREE SHIPPING!
    • Time Left: 22 days
    (Shipping from Singapore)
    ~Dawn Spencer Hurwitz "L'Eau d'Iris" new in box, great niche scent 1 oz. bottle~
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 2 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    HIGHEST BID
    Ed Hardy Love Kills Slowly Christian Audigier EDP Spray 3.4 oz NEW in BOX
    • Time Left: 11 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    MIDNIGHT POISON by Christian Dior 100 ml/3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray Tester w/Cap
    • Time Left: 14 days
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    STARTING BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    CHRISTIAN DIOR MIDNIGHT POISON EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 100 ML / 3.4 OZ. NEW (T)
    • Time Left: 13 days