Midnight Poison (2007)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 225 ratings

Midnight Poison Fragrance Notes

Midnight Poison information

Midnight Poison is a women's fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2007

Shop for Midnight Poison products online

Reviews of Midnight Poison

Showing 1 to 6 of 36 reviews.

mariana's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Amazing oriental!

To me it is the most intrigant of all the Poison line. Patchouli at its best. From the opening notes to the drydown, everything here is to die for, absolutely unique, dark, seductive, mysterious...

26th October, 2013 (Last Edited: 05th January, 2014)

Harmony's avatar

Russian Federation Russian Federation

LOVE FROM DIOR!

I Love this perfume! Sexy is what I adore in fragrances, and here pachouli and rose marriage just makes it perfect. I personally wear it at night only, and it makes me want myself))). Seriously, you will have sweet dreams, but before you go to sleep you will feel luxury and admiration of others. When I am having a night with internet and glass of wine, I put on blue orchid 100% botanical oil from Clarins on my face- and OH, you get perfect combination of Spa experience and luxury of Dior. Bon Voyage!

15th October, 2013

KarmaLee's avatar

I have a small midnight blue bottle of Midnight Poison, that I had never opened. Then, Poison caught me a few weeks ago, for the first time. I fell in love and have been having a Poison affair since.

Last week, I placed the Midnight Poison beside my bed and used it as a sleeping potion of sorts. And opening the bottle made me gasp. I love this scent. I still only use it at night, but almost every night now, I fall into dreams with the lush scent of warm roses and patchouli rising from my wrists and pillow.

This seems a bit thin at first, but then deepens. It is more complex than it first seems. It may be mostly roses and herb, but it does it with some other notes layered in, that I cannot recognize. The whole composition is more than the sum of its parts. It blends with an alchemical reaction that ZINGS on me. Then, it calms down and comforts me with one of the most beautiful scents I have ever experienced.

I need a full, big bottle now.

10th March, 2012

colormechris's avatar

I tried this one after reading some of the rave reviews. I got the idea this is kind of a Poison for Men without actually being branded as such. I liked it, but there was a note to it that started to annoy me after an hour or so. It wouldn't go away. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but Vick's Vapo-Rub kept coming to mind. I just read awesomeness's review and she put it into words for me. "Medicinal and camphorous". That's exactly it! And that's what it smells like on my arm, still, three hours later. It doesn't work for me, so I'll have to pass on Midnight Poison. But that's not to say it's not interesting and good in its' own camphorous and medicinal way. Just, not for me.

07th December, 2011

Anup's avatar

Poison pour lui?

I believe that this certain creation could have been released alongside the original Poison from 1985 in an alternate timeline. To me the scent comes of as a "structurally sweetened" Antaeus by Channel.

Comparisons aside, strictly speaking of Poisons, this fragrance stands out to me. It is without a doubt the simplest Poison, yet carries the most complexity in according the notes than any of the others in my opinion. For example, oranges and bergamot in the top, so what? Those are very commonly used notes in many fragrances. The middle only consisting of roses, pale, soft and slightly sweet. And concluding of a oh so common base of vanilla amber musk and patchouli. Surprisingly, as with a few other scents of post millennia miracles, Midnight Poison pulls all of the notes together in to one solitary aroma.

The start is very aromatic, sweet and slightly moist; dewy or even humidified. Heading further into the scent that humidity stands firm and is greeted coldly with drab, dead and dry floral musk which, despite how awful that sounds, fills me with olfactive joy indicative of fall. Viewing the final grasps at life, it's last takes of air, Midnight Poison shrieks, yet nothing comes from the creatures mouth, dusty woods with a dissipating powdery/sweetness are all thats left upon conclusion.

A misunderstood man often taken as a malnourished woman.
    Midnight Poison.

23rd November, 2011

Darvant's avatar

In the same vein of the more articolated and regal Shalimar (which is smokier, more leather-animalic, almost gummy, more spicy-floral and woodsy) this rich and luxurious potion is basically an ambery fragrance strong on patchouli in my opinion . The note of amber is central and starring likewhise the rose that is elegant and absolutely featuring and performing in a sort of modern interpretation far from its usual indolent and retro temperament. The smell in general is resinous and sinister. A touch of angular fruitness, a type of fruity-floral decadent whiff, is perceivable at first spray when the hesperides, notable the presence of bergamot, are still like blades and the rose is botanic, earthy and not yet drowned and softened in a sink of amber. The smell few time later is a sort of creamy orange with the head of rose and with the backbone of an abundant patchouli that loses its earthiness (or better its herbal rough sharpness) but manteins its dark, shadowy, woody and bold typical flavour. The last element restrains a bit the creamy sweetness imprinting a more shadowy, tamed and neutral rooty mildness. The note of sandalwood makes its part in the blend in my opinion (in light amount) and supports the note of vanilla in order to push up a sort of mild kind of woody whiteness. The note of vanilla colours the amber advancing and receding, in barely perceivable whiffs, as a tide. The milky dry down is averagely smooth (or better averagely dry) rather than particulary powdery. May be some civet of leather is buried somewhere in the blend as well as a touch of incense. The scent is lush and sophisticated on rose and patchouli in their creaminess and barely detectable final muskiness. Finally each herbal, botanic or earthy temperament is definitely tamed. Midnight Poison smells far better and classy than the almondy-sugary Hypnotic Poison, in my opinion unclassy and lacking in mystery on the contrary of this one. As well as the evolution is completed, i feel on my skin a slightly notable aromatic-cool spark that cuts the resinous warmth without breaking the substance and enhances the glamour and the modernity of the juice. The longevity is remarcable on my skin.

17th October, 2011 (Last Edited: 14th December, 2011)

Add your review of Midnight Poison

• Time Left: 25 days
    MIDNIGHT POISON EAU DE PARFUM EDP SPRAY 3.4 OZ / 100ML BY CHRISTIAN DIOR SEALED
    • Time Left: 2 days
    (Shipping from Canada)
    Various Women's Christian Dior Perfume Sample Vial--You choose the Scent & Qty!
    • Time Left: 8 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    MIDNIGHT POISON CHRISTIAN DIOR 100ML/3.4OZ EDP SPRAY- FREE SHIPPING!!!
    • Time Left: 22 days
    • Time Left: 3 days
    MIDNIGHT POISON CHRISTIAN DIOR 3.4 oz / 100 ML EDP SPRAY WOMEN PERFUME
    • Time Left: 28 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    MIDNIGHT POISON Christian Dior 3.4oz EDP Perfume For womens 100ml NIB Fragrances
    • Time Left: 29 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from South Korea)