Tom Ford for Men (2007)

PerfumerYves Cassar
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Tom Ford for Men

Tom Ford for Men is a masculine fragrance by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Yves Cassar

Reviews of Tom Ford for Men

A very lacklustre offering from Tom Ford. This is even more surprising considering that unlike the Private Blends, the Signature line is usually well thought out and carefully crafted.

Tom Ford for Men takes all the elements usually present in classic masculine compositions to create a dull fragrance. The main theme is citrus-tobacco-woods-amber with some mild spices, and a barely prominent ginger note. The structure is good, but it's unimaginative and restrained exactly at places where it didn't need to be. It has low key sillage and moderate longevity, but is quickly forgotten.

Off the top of my head, Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (earlier versions) would be a much more compelling and worthwhile composition in this genre.

Tom Ford for Men would be the olfactory equivalent of a bland lunch at the new upstart restaurant in town with some random 'professionals' on a Tuesday afternoon.

Stick to Grey Vetiver. At least, I would.

2.5/5
19th April, 2017
This may not be to everyone's liking (especially reading the reviews here) but I find this scent to be extremely pleasing to wear. Starts off with a classic citrus herbal mix of lemon grapefruit and basil. I start to find hints of tobacco and pepper as it drys to a vetiver, amber and cedar finish. Overall I like this scent very much. Of course I wish the longevity and projection were more. If you can find it for a nice price then go for it. Enjoy!
26th January, 2017
A solid office-safe scent with citrus, musk and wood. It reminds me of a better version of Santal imperial and a much less interesting version of L'instant de Guerlain pour homme, though without the green notes. It's strange how Tom Ford's standard line of men's fragrances is much less daring and interesting than the women's line.
19th September, 2016
....keep it moving folks, nothing to see the shows over (I know it just started) keep it moving, keep it moving!!

This is how I feel about Tom Ford's for men. It has a great smell, however it doesn't last long nor does it project. For the kind of money this fragrance warrants- pass! Also, my cap doesn't stay on and the bottle is just plain.
13th June, 2016
I don't like this. It smells like a hundred other uber masculine musky smells that I can't stand. The funny thing was that my wife liked it somewhat. I wanted to like it as well, but then I wore it all day. I just don't see myself wearing this again. It's a headache inducer too.
02nd May, 2016
Brilliant masculine, perfect for work and at the same time very sexy and alluring. Woody Amber accentuated by tobacco, spices and Vetiver. Excellent complexity keeps me guessing and interested.

The sprayer is very weak, so double the sprays you would normally apply.

This seems to have suffered unfairly from comparisons to Gucci Pour Homme 2003, but in my opinion this is at least as good.
21st February, 2016 (last edited: 23rd February, 2017)

Add your review of Tom Ford for Men

Shop for Tom Ford for Men products online

Shop for Tom Ford for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Tom Ford for Men

Member images of Tom Ford for Men

There are no member images of Tom Ford for Men yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Tom Ford for Men