Tom Ford for Men (2007)

PerfumerYves Cassar
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Tom Ford for Men

Tom Ford for Men is a masculine fragrance by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Yves Cassar

Reviews of Tom Ford for Men

A solid office-safe scent with citrus, musk and wood. It reminds me of a better version of Santal imperial and a much less interesting version of L'instant de Guerlain pour homme, though without the green notes. It's strange how Tom Ford's standard line of men's fragrances is much less daring and interesting than the women's line.
19th September, 2016
....keep it moving folks, nothing to see the shows over (I know it just started) keep it moving, keep it moving!!

This is how I feel about Tom Ford's for men. It has a great smell, however it doesn't last long nor does it project. For the kind of money this fragrance warrants- pass! Also, my cap doesn't stay on and the bottle is just plain.
13th June, 2016
I don't like this. It smells like a hundred other uber masculine musky smells that I can't stand. The funny thing was that my wife liked it somewhat. I wanted to like it as well, but then I wore it all day. I just don't see myself wearing this again. It's a headache inducer too.
02nd May, 2016
Brilliant masculine, perfect for work and at the same time very sexy and alluring. Excellent complexity keeps me guessing and interested.

This seems to have suffered unfairly from comparisons to Gucci Pour Homme 2003, but in my opinion this is at least as good.
21st February, 2016
Nice traditional masculine. Dries down to nice old school powder. Low projection but decent longevity. I don't get Baldessarini comparison that few people here and Luca made. Maybe I am new to fragrances.
Recommended if you have f-you money.
06th November, 2015 (last edited: 04th December, 2015)
I’ve never been much of a fan of Tom Ford’s masculine offerings, as I find them either nice but overpriced, or fairly dull (Noir, for example). For some reasons I always never cared for this one, maybe unconsciously thinking, given the name, that it was a sort of epitome of all of that, and... bingo, this is instead the first one which works for me. Mostly because it’s finally something solid, with a fair price (well, sort of). Maybe a bit boring, surely too discreet for the needs of the average “bros” building pools to bath in their Private Blends, and however miles away from being ground-breaking: just solid and mature, unpretentious and versatile, with a remarkably decent quality and overall, extremely pleasant to wear. The composition smells simple and clear, and notes seem all built with really decent materials: the spiced, gingerish orange-citrus notes are sparkling, tangy and juicy; the floral-infused musky-ambery base smells compellingly warm, slightly creamy and slightly salty too, the whole woody-herbal accord is a bit aseptic and nondescript (I only get some faint, weakly mossy vetiver), but working fine within the composition, providing an office-safe “boisé” feel which will get some more credit on the drydown, and the suede-ish tobacco smells, well, like most other tobacco notes on the market - which means “nothing like real tobacco” for me, but nice anyway; smooth, sweet, “brownish” and affably, youthfully distinguished.

Like for some other reviewers, two fragrances came to my mind while wearing this the first time: Hugo Boss Baldessarini and to a much lesser extent, yet worthy a mention, a sort of spicier and watered-down version of L’Instant pour Homme by Guerlain. Maybe Carolina Herrera for Men too, just for the tobacco accord (an “orange-amber” flanker of that would be close to this Ford’s, I guess), and Kenzo pour Homme Boisée just for a similar citrus-scented light woody accord. Above all I’d mention Baldessarini though, and I would say Tom Ford for Men smells quite a bit better than that – more crisp, more appealing, definitely more quality too. So, anyway: a zesty, classy, politely self-confident fragrance with just the right hint of musky tackiness and a pleasant spicy-woody drydown with a warm whiff of amber. Surely a mild, maybe pedantic, kind of “generic” office-safe fragrance based on a really conventional and mainstream concept of “tart-spicy Oriental cologne” with pretty much the sole scope of making you smell nice in the most mannered, discreet and crowd-pleasing meaning possible... but hell, it does it impeccably good (sadly with a short persistence, but it does).

7-7,5/10
05th October, 2015

Add your review of Tom Ford for Men

Shop for Tom Ford for Men products online

Shop for Tom Ford for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Tom Ford for Men

Member images of Tom Ford for Men

There are no member images of Tom Ford for Men yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Tom Ford for Men