Guess Suede (2007)

Guess Suede information

Guess Suede is a men's fragrance by Guess. The scent was launched in 2007

Shop for Guess Suede products online

Reviews of Guess Suede

Showing 1 to 6 of 16 reviews.

FranktheTank's avatar

Comforting

While on a vacation a couple years ago, my girlfriend and I got this cologne from a Gordman's for dirt cheap. We hadn't been dating very long, and that was our first trip together. I wore it during the trip, and proceeded to go through the whole bottle throughout the next year. When I smell it, it still reminds me of being on that vacation with her and all the good memories that come with it, so I may be a bit biased. But IMHO, if a fragrance can do that, then it scores some serious unique points for me.

The scent is very pleasant and comforting to me, and goes perfect with a rainy day. I may be a bit biased based on my experience with it, but I do truly love this cologne. Its one thing for someone who smells hundreds of fragrances to take a quick whiff and go "Meh", but as someone who has spent serious time with this cologne and knows it well, I can tell you that it really is something special. I may not use it very regularly anymore, but I hope to always keep a bottle for nostalgic reasons. 4 years later I'm still with her (and more in love than ever), and a quick smell of Guess Suede instantly reminds me of our young love. Now that's real magic.

Pros: Unique, clean
    Cons: ZERO!

21st May, 2013

odysseusm's avatar

Fruity, uber sweet.
    Yeah, it starts like Pi lite.
    Gets a note like rotting banana skin or cantaloupe rind, about 30 seconds in.
    Vaguely aromatic in a faux way.

03rd January, 2011

Joel Meeks's avatar

I'm going to agree with foetidus on this one...WAY better than the original. I was satisfied with the price, you can usually find the whole set discounted. I got the whole SUEDE set, with the 5oz. body/hair wash, 5oz. after shave, and 2.5 oz cologne for $39.99.

I really rocked this one during the beginning of the fall. I like it as a transition fragrance.

08th December, 2010

Grottola's avatar

A synthetic, fruity, leathery juice with a hint of vanilla. Not too strong, so it's not cloying. The initial blast smelled nice, but within a few minutes it's gone generic - the vanilla note is reminiscent of Pi, however while Pi's vanilla is more creamy "custardy", if you know what I mean. This one's vanilla is just kind of a synthetic, rubber gloves-kinda smelling vanilla.

This sort of gives off a coconut smell similar to Obsession Night for Men, but not as good.

04th October, 2010

thatsmr2usir's avatar

I had my reservations about Guess Suede! Thank goodness I was not let down. That badly... Guess Suede seems promising from the bottle The initial blast is of fruits, woods, & suede! Im thinking to myself what a lovely combination here.. However I got this burst of suede into my nostrils which was almost to the point of being overbearing & I said good grief!!!! This stuff is POTENT! I like the structure of this cologne because the suede is there from beginning to end. If it were not for the suede, this would not b such a good frag. Mind you I dont care for suede in fragrances but it works here. More better than Guess Man, its still lacking something, altho longevity is good, 6+ hours I will go neutral here as this is not a bad scent!

30th June, 2010

Not a bad scent, in fact I think itís better than the non-suede version, which I did not like at all. It opens with a watered-down spicy accord that has some artificial ambiance, but it is refreshing even though it has neither citrus nor an abundance of aquatics. I donít think that there is anything special about the accord Ė it grows more synthetic as it goes along, but itís wearable and it has some longevity. Actually I feel that the opening and middle accords are one and the same and that could account for the longevity. With the base, the synthetics have come to dominate, but still, I donít actively dislike it, but it isnít at all interesting. The base is supposed to be quite woody but I donít get much wood Ė or suede for that matter, just a rather boring neutrality.

14th November, 2009