Guess Suede (2007)

About Guess Suede

Guess Suede is a masculine fragrance by Guess. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Guess Suede

Comforting

While on a vacation a couple years ago, my girlfriend and I got this cologne from a Gordman's for dirt cheap. We hadn't been dating very long, and that was our first trip together. I wore it during the trip, and proceeded to go through the whole bottle throughout the next year. When I smell it, it still reminds me of being on that vacation with her and all the good memories that come with it, so I may be a bit biased. But IMHO, if a fragrance can do that, then it scores some serious unique points for me.

The scent is very pleasant and comforting to me, and goes perfect with a rainy day. I may be a bit biased based on my experience with it, but I do truly love this cologne. Its one thing for someone who smells hundreds of fragrances to take a quick whiff and go "Meh", but as someone who has spent serious time with this cologne and knows it well, I can tell you that it really is something special. I may not use it very regularly anymore, but I hope to always keep a bottle for nostalgic reasons. 4 years later I'm still with her (and more in love than ever), and a quick smell of Guess Suede instantly reminds me of our young love. Now that's real magic.

Pros: Unique, clean
Cons: ZERO!

21st May, 2013
Fruity, uber sweet.
Yeah, it starts like Pi lite.
Gets a note like rotting banana skin or cantaloupe rind, about 30 seconds in.
Vaguely aromatic in a faux way.
03rd January, 2011
I'm going to agree with foetidus on this one...WAY better than the original. I was satisfied with the price, you can usually find the whole set discounted. I got the whole SUEDE set, with the 5oz. body/hair wash, 5oz. after shave, and 2.5 oz cologne for $39.99.

I really rocked this one during the beginning of the fall. I like it as a transition fragrance.
08th December, 2010
A synthetic, fruity, leathery juice with a hint of vanilla. Not too strong, so it's not cloying. The initial blast smelled nice, but within a few minutes it's gone generic - the vanilla note is reminiscent of Pi, however while Pi's vanilla is more creamy "custardy", if you know what I mean. This one's vanilla is just kind of a synthetic, rubber gloves-kinda smelling vanilla.

This sort of gives off a coconut smell similar to Obsession Night for Men, but not as good.
04th October, 2010
I had my reservations about Guess Suede! Thank goodness I was not let down. That badly... Guess Suede seems promising from the bottle The initial blast is of fruits, woods, & suede! Im thinking to myself what a lovely combination here.. However I got this burst of suede into my nostrils which was almost to the point of being overbearing & I said good grief!!!! This stuff is POTENT! I like the structure of this cologne because the suede is there from beginning to end. If it were not for the suede, this would not b such a good frag. Mind you I dont care for suede in fragrances but it works here. More better than Guess Man, its still lacking something, altho longevity is good, 6+ hours I will go neutral here as this is not a bad scent!
30th June, 2010

Not a bad scent, in fact I think itís better than the non-suede version, which I did not like at all. It opens with a watered-down spicy accord that has some artificial ambiance, but it is refreshing even though it has neither citrus nor an abundance of aquatics. I donít think that there is anything special about the accord Ė it grows more synthetic as it goes along, but itís wearable and it has some longevity. Actually I feel that the opening and middle accords are one and the same and that could account for the longevity. With the base, the synthetics have come to dominate, but still, I donít actively dislike it, but it isnít at all interesting. The base is supposed to be quite woody but I donít get much wood Ė or suede for that matter, just a rather boring neutrality.

14th November, 2009

Add your review of Guess Suede

Shop for Guess Suede products online

Shop for Guess Suede at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Guess Suede

Member images of Guess Suede

There are no member images of Guess Suede yet. Why not be the first?