Lentisque Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Lentisque

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

JaimeB's avatar
    JaimeB

This is not a strong scent with a lot of sillage, although it seems it may be for the first few minutes on your skin. If you're able to enjoy just wearing a lush and beautiful skin scent for the better part of a day, though, you'll love this. It is a floral oriental with an unusual top note of mastic (an oleoresin from the lentiscus tree) that does linger well into the heart notes of the scent. Relax with the mellowness of Lentisque when you don't feel you need to shine, but maybe just want to vibrate softly for a day.

07 August, 2010

foetidus

The opening of Lentisque is quite strong a even a bit unique. I would guess that the dominant note is the ambret seeds, which, if I am correct, presents a surface of dry, rustic amber with a sweeter, more regular amber note shadowing it. The heart notes are apparently supposed to go into a floral accord, which does come across to me in a light, discreet package: a touch of jasmine, rose, and iris in a unified floral accord which shifts with the amber accord in a come and go way. The floral / amber heart deserves the label “transparent” if anything does… it is light and filmy but it still possesses character. For the drydown I get more amber – rather a straightforward, transparent amber, but so light. It’s so light that I can’t even tell if the drydown is sweet or not.

I’m tempted to say that Lentisque is too weak to be a viable fragrance for most scentiphiles, but I won’t do that because I do think it has a place in the aromatic -scheme of things. It makes a wonderful, long lasting skin sent that feels light / rich / natural rather than contrived. It has a sweet / dry… almost gourmand feel that is sensual on a near-subconscious level.

10th June, 2010

QiStar's avatar
    QiStar

I want to love this scent, because I can smell the basis for something wonderful. The fragrance strength is so weak though that I have to fight to distinguish the notes, and then fight to smell it at all in just an hour. So sad. What I do smell when I can is lovely though.

18 May, 2010

pancks's avatar
    pancks

Described as a 'voluptuous amber' in some reviews I was looking forward to trying Lentisque. Boy what a disappointment!

It isn't offensive, It was just so weak, Turkish Rose Absolute, Jasmine, Haitian Vetiver, amber, they are all friends of mine and I recognized none of them in the sample of Lentisque I tried.

Back to truly voluptuous ambers for me, Ambre Sultan, Ambre Precieux, Ambre Russe, now those are voluptuous!

22 November, 2008