Chrome Legend (2007)

HouseAzzaro
SupplierQuest International
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About Chrome Legend

Chrome Legend is a masculine fragrance by Azzaro. The scent was launched in 2007

Chrome Legend fragrance notes

Reviews of Chrome Legend

'Chrome Legend' by Azzaro is a very pleasant surprise and blind buy that I am very glad I took a chance on. Being a fan of the original 'Chrome', I figured this can't be a bad fragrance. I could never really wear the original version anymore as its been played out, advertised, and beaten to death for the last twenty years. Everyone knows it, so I try to not be that obvious when selecting a cologne.

The initial blast smells exactly like seawater, the ocean, saltwater. It has this strange cooling feeling because of the scent. You literally FEEL a good ten degrees cooler just smelling or spraying this stuff on. I get citrus notes, a bit of moss and vetiver, but an overwhelming smell of ocean water. It took a few wears to appreciate the complexity and uniqueness of this, but several weeks later I absolutely love the scent.

It has some similarity to the original Chrome, but is definitely less metallic, more refined. As it settles down, the citrus and sea notes match the vetiver and cedar and it screams spring and summer. A fantastic scent to wear in the high heat and humid environments. It is a fresh, aquatic with a masculine undertone that doesn't offender or irritate anyone. Overall, solid performance.

With a liberal dose of a dozen sprays (neck, shoulders, wrists and chest), I am getting 7-10 hours of longevity, with a subtle trail after the first six or seven hours. It projects fairly good, and sillage is good for the first half of its life.

I only use this in the warmer months and on the hottest of days, at the beach or at the pool, or just out on the terrace having drinks. It works perfectly in these situations and gathers a fair amount of compliments. For the price this commands, if you love the smell of the ocean, or are a fan of sporty aquatics, this will easily be an instant favorite of yours and is blind buy worthy.
20th July, 2017
I thought I would like this because of the note list, but I do not. It is very synthetic on the first spray. And for me, this doesn't fade. Sillage and longevity were also very poor, I had to reapply twice in an eight hour period. Extremely disappointing.
28th April, 2016 (last edited: 17th March, 2017)
bigbz Show all reviews
Finally a Azzaro scent that I really enjoy! Was on the fence and reluctant about trying this because of the stomach churning experience I had with the original Chrome:( So glad a friend gave me a small decant to try.

Wow, what a wonderful surprise! A very nicely done and unique aromatic fruity/tea scent! Does it smell synthetic? Well yeah, a little....but not enough that it's off putting IMHO.

Haven't worn this in warm weather yet, but longevity seems to be very good for this type of fragrance. Can't speak on projection yet since it's only in the 40-50*'s at the moment. But I have no reason not to believe what others all echo about it being excellent.

And I just scored a 4.2oz bottle for under $20 shipped to me. At that price point, this is right up there in terms of the best bang for your buck scents.
16th November, 2015
I am beginning to believe that Azzaro can do no wrong. I used to absolutely hate this fragrance and wasted my first bottle wearing it on casual days. But I started to receive a lot of compliments from women (even those whom I did not know). Could they have had a better perspective on what they were smelling?

So, I picked up a second bottle wondering why everyone loved it so much, as I felt that at times it was almost cloying. I took it with me on my most recent Ireland trip last summer, and I finally understood it. Chrome Legend is probably the best summer/aquatic fragrance I have ever smelled. Stop wearing it during the winter months.

I think that Chrome Legend is better than Creed GIT and Silver Mountain Water to which Chrome Legend is very similar. Further, at a fraction of the price, it's a no brainer.
23rd May, 2015
Salutation.

Chrome legend is modern and fruity.strong opening.my friends asked what i was wearning and told me i smelled so fresh and young!

but nothing special for me middle/base notes are much more better than top notes.the longevity is very good on my skin and quite good for hot days summer.
anyway i prefer original version!

6.5/10
15th May, 2015
dreese Show all reviews
Buysblind has this scent nailed down exactly. The synthetic portion for me comes right after application and leaves during the middle. This has a reordered construction to prevent it from smelling like so many other blue or citric scents.
20th April, 2015

Add your review of Chrome Legend

Shop for Chrome Legend products online

Shop for Chrome Legend at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Chrome Legend

Member images of Chrome Legend

There are no member images of Chrome Legend yet. Why not be the first?