Vol de Nuit Évasion (2007)
    by Guerlain

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 4

Based on 42 ratings

Vol de Nuit Évasion information

Limited Distribution fragrance only available at Aelia's stores in France and the UK

Reviews of Vol de Nuit Évasion

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Wordbird's avatar

Wales Wales

Latest news: Because of Attrape Coeur being withdrawn by Guerlain, Vol de Nuit Evasion has also been taken off the shelves. (It was indeed the edt version of AC and nothing to do with VdN.)

01st August, 2010

taliaseki's avatar

Turkey Turkey

The very first notes I get are galbanum and oakmoss. Supposed to be following florals like rose, jasmine and iris are not there, just spicy cloves like note embodied in resin. Then comes the amber woods base (maybe too early, just in half an hour) and stay there dark and gloomy. When resinous medicinal notes combine with darker notes of woods and amber reminds me of a shadowed room of an old patient; just gloomy. The only light containing note in this scent is vanilla which raises the mood to some extent. Well after all you may be surprised to hear me say that it is a good scent. This is like a big amber ring that I would not wear but can recommend to an amber loving friend.

10th February, 2010

sean-dt's avatar

Ireland Ireland

This is a lovely fragrance, and I was a pleasantly surprised by it. I bought it unsniffed in Paris and was delighted to discover something that is very much in the Guerlain style. It has a rich ambery and vanillic base, but the overall composition is quite dry and dark. While displaying typical Guerlain richness, the perfume is not too heavy, and so might be ideal for someone who admires Guerlain, but finds their classics just a bit too much. I don't necessarily think this is a masterpiece, but it is a worthy addition to the Guerlain fan's wardrobe, and it makes a refreshing change from the classics from time to time. Besides, you can never have too many Guerlains!

10th May, 2009

iMaverick's avatar

After about longing to own a bottle of this scent for about two years now, I managed to snag one off eBay, though I had to swallow hard and buy it with a hefty finder's fee from the seller. Yup, she jacked it up to about double the price, but I wasn't about to go abroad to find a limited edition perfume, so it was all good.

First sniff of the top notes was glorious, delicate notes of rose and peach--such a glorious combination! Like a breeze blowing the topnotes away, it segues seamlessly into the heart notes. The texture of the fragrance changes.

Now people say that this smells much like Attrape Coeur--the EdT version. I've never smelled Attrape Coeur/Guet-Apens, and people say that it had nothing to do with the original Vol de Nuit. My nose says different. I do smell Vol de Nuit in the heart notes. I definitely smell its green notes of oakmoss and galbanum, as well as its bitter notes of vetiver, but being less dry and powdery compared to her grandmother. I do smell its powderiness, but the balance has changed at the base with a more pronounced woody and vanillic note to veil the powdery iris somewhat.

The base notes are very persistent and tenacious. The woody notes are so markedly pronounced, one would mistake it for a mens cologne. Because of this, the scent could be unisex, much in the way Fresh Index's Cannabis Santal is--lighthearted in the beginning with deep woody/patchouli vanillic nuances at the end.

Happily, this Guerlain was made truly in the House's style, despite that this is a limited distribution flanker. Now I guess I have to suffer a purchase (probably a decant) and see what Attrape Coeur/Guet-Apens is all about. VdNE is an EdT, but it does have some heft and longevity to it. By reputation a lot of Guerlains do not last on my skin for very long, its woody base doesn't have much sillage, but it does stay around at least 6 hours, a happy plus, for me.

Hope you get to try this wonderful flanker!

27th March, 2009

bbBD's avatar

In case anyone was wondering, Vol de Nuit Evasion is the EdT version of Attrape Couer in a 50ml bottle. Weird how Guerlain does that. Because of the lower concentration, I didn't find VdN-E to have the same 'creaminess' of A-C, but I also find A-C to almost get a little too intense until it settles to the base. It's a good middle ground.

18th December, 2008

ubuandibeme's avatar

Osmoz lists the notes of Vol de Nuit Evasion as:

Top: Rose, Peach
    Heart: Jasmine, Iris
    Base: Vanilla, Amber, Precious Woods

From the first drop on my wrist, rose is the most prominent note in this blend ~ and it's spicy! Almost like a clove or carnation character to it...balanced by peach, just a touch, and it's not very sweet. More subtle, and dry. The jasmine and iris peek through, but the rose never leaves center stage. The drydown comes off a bit generic, and slowly fades away...VdNE would make a nice introduction fragrance to someone just getting into the world of perfumes, and may also be a "safe" gift to give. I'm giving a thumbs up because I think it is pleasing in general, but I won't be purchasing this one.

Okay, that last part...about the purchase...I lied. Just bought it! (LOL) 3/11/10

16th September, 2008 (Last Edited: 11th March, 2010)

Add your review of Vol de Nuit Évasion

Search for on eBay United States

Guerlain Vol de Nuit Evasion Eau de Toilette 1.7 oz, in box, sprayed twice, Rare
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 8 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 3 days
    HIGHEST BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)

Member images of Vol de Nuit Évasion

There are no member images of Vol de Nuit Évasion yet. Why not be the first?